Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
    Hi Joel

I hope you dont think i'm being rude..but do you have any objection to picking up this debate after the pod cast?

Its going to raise lots of questions?

Perhaps we could convein with Monty playing refer'ree in a live chat room.

I'm not fixed minded at all, and genuinely interested in all opinions

Pirate
    nope not at all. just let me warm up my fingers....
    if mickey's a mouse, and pluto's a dog, whats goofy?

Comment

• Just for jolly here are two views of the 'lodger' house on Batty Street these days, front and back. Probably worth the best part of a million pounds now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lipsk's House 018.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	654877

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lipsk's House 004.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	654878
      allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

• Stephen,

Thanks for posting those.

Mike
        huh?

Comment

• No need for me to act as ref...

...all grown ups here, unlike other threads.

Anyone read Gavin Bromleys lil gem of an article on the Batty st lodger?

Monty
          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
            ...all grown ups here, unlike other threads.

Anyone read Gavin Bromleys lil gem of an article on the Batty st lodger?

Monty
            I'm watching you though Monty

Where is the Bromley article?
            Regards Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
              Just for jolly here are two views of the 'lodger' house on Batty Street these days, front and back. Probably worth the best part of a million pounds now.
              Correction: It probably would cost the best part of a million pounds now What a poky terraced dwelling is worth could be anything, but it shouldn't be anywhere near a million quid of anyone's money.

Yours, hoping the recession will knock some sense into the housing market, SamF
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                Where is the Bromley article?
                Mike, he wrote two,

(1) a Casebook dissertation Mrs. Kuer's Lodger

(2) an addendum in Ripperologist 83, Sept 2007, in which his final conclusion is the Batty St Lodger is not connected to the murders.

Roy
                Sink the Bismark

Comment

• Roy,

Gav does allude to Nikaner Benelius as a possible for the Batty St lodger.

Monty
                  Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• When the show down?

Originally posted by joelhall View Post
                    nope not at all. just let me warm up my fingers....
                    Then I intend to get up early. Buy the ‘boss’ breakfast and get advanced info and beet you to the draw

However if we are going to bash this out in the chat room

There are some things to consider

It looks like show down time..

Hows it going to work Mike???????

When.. where.. how…??

Promo Video - No1 in the UK charts in 1978 for two weeks

Because ..

Pirate

Comment

• lucky for me drum heads are made of kevlar then
                      if mickey's a mouse, and pluto's a dog, whats goofy?

Comment

• Me mates teaching me to speed type but cant help the spelling

Comment

• Apology

Dear Casebook

I have received a private email that has made me wonder if I might have been a little over zealous with my comments about Aarons Schizophrenia.

While I hold the belief that Aaron Suffered from this condition, perhaps I have not emphasized enough that I believe it would be only one of a number of contributing factors that may have lead to the crime.

Let me make it clear that schizophrenic’s per se are no more dangerous than most other sections of society. While the statistical evidence I have gathered is unclear. And clearly altars depending from which part of the world you live in. Most experts I have spoken to have emphasized that schizophrenics are largely only a danger to themselves and most unlikely to commit acts of violence. It is quite rare only between 3-4% of cases.

When I spoke to my brother on the subject he was clear that if Aaron did become violent there were probably other external factors that would have combined to turn him violent, most probably alcohol, but he could not be certain as he is not an expert in the medicines and drugs available at the time.

What I have put forward is the possibility that Aaron was Jack the Ripper, given what is known about his condition. However Schizophrenia is a complicated condition that varies enormously from sufferer to sufferer and no more should be taken from Aaron’s condition, to a certain extent, than you would draw from the fact that Aaron was of Jewish decent…

If Aaron was Schizophrenic and JtR, then his illness (for it is an illness) would only be a contributing factor to those crimes. It would not account for the murders on its own.

SCHIZOPHENICS ARE NOT DANGEROUS, they suffer from an illness.

If I have not made this clear in my posts then I apologize.

Yours Jeff

Comment

• Hiya all
                            I would say it's probably someone not yet uncovered but if I had to go with most likely that we know of I'd say Hutch/Fleming or Barnett. Barnett may have let slip he had killed the others to Kelly or she found out so he had to kill her too.
                            But there's always things like this that make me wonder:
                            Discussion of the numerous "witnesses" who gave their testimony either to the press or the police during the murder spree.

Blotchy might be through alcohol which could mean not blotchy all the time. Or some people might relate military looking with a ruddy face, blooming cheeks or blotchy and something as simple as an upright posture with a officious expression.

Lots of posibilities.

Cheers.

Comment

• I think the guy was a local doctor, I know some of my medical colleagues think not because of the degree of damage to the body but one has to remember this was 1888 ( a good book called the "knife man" depicts the life of john hunter the surgeon ) and this was the era of body snatching and pretty gross surgical procedures. The post mortem descriptions of the abdominal incision circumscribing the umbilicus and the breast removal via circular incisions - very typical of a sort of mastectomy and then the organ removals , add onto that a well dressed man ( as described by some) wandering about the east end at 2am with a bag - he must have been pretty sure he would be safe from robbery/ assault - but a local doctor , looking after the poor in the east end - I think unlikely to be attacked - in fact like Harold Shipman he was probably a damn fine bloke and fab doctor - a bit of a gem by day , but not a schizophrenic mad lunatic at night , just on a mission- so that's where I would look - in fact I was surprised by the quick response of local doctors to the murder scenes from the east end - I wonder how many docs lived within 2 to 5 miles of the murders??

Comment

• add onto that a well dressed man ( as described by some) wandering about the east end at 2am with a bag - he must have been pretty sure he would be safe from robbery.
                                I'd urge caution with some of those black bag/well-dessed accounts, Dr. B. Many of those weren't treated seriously in the long run.

The fact that "doctor" theories were doing the rounds in the aftermath of the Chapman murder would make it less likely, in my view, that the real killer would adverise his conspicious, well-dressed "doctor-like" appearance in the small hours, especially if carrying expensive items and an all-too conspicuous black bag.

My money's on a local "nobody" Eastender.

All the best,
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X