No announcement yet.

Morris Eagle the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blimey, Debs, there's a mention of a Morris Eagle in 1904 under the title The Bloomfontein Disaster (Times). I didn't think it was him, but who knows?

Comment

Age and location seem right now Robert!
      I noticed he's not on the list of Hebrews though, he comes under missing Europeans?

Comment

Yes, there was something funny about the listing.

There is a souvenir (!) booklet about the disaster in the Yale library South African collection.

Comment

Debs,

There you are. I haven't heard back from you in some time. Did you get my PM some time back?

Chris and Debs, etc.

Might try Morris Siegel. It's phonetically the same as Morris Eagle and also Jewish.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hi Debs
            Thanks so much for the message
            I'll have to try and refind the info on Kate and her kids in 1901 as I dont seem to have a note of it
            Will post as soon as I have anything
            Thanks again
            Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
              Might try Morris Siegel. It's phonetically the same as Morris Eagle and also Jewish.
              Good point, Tom - or "Adler", perhaps (German for "eagle", and another good Jewish name).
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Morris comes from Moses, and I don't think Morris would be a Russian Jew name.

Maybe we are looking for Moses Siegel, or Moses Adler.

Maybe it's a needle in a haystack.

Mike
                huh?

Comment

Earlier on this thread, I wrote, in response to Toms suggestion that Eagle seemed very much agitated by the Stride issue, that I thought that Eagle had stated somewhere that he could not stand the sight of blood. And here it is, Morris Eagle in the Evening News, October 1.st 1888:
                  "Then there was a sudden scare among us; Diemschitz came in and said a woman had been murdered outside. I ran into the yard immediately and I saw in the yard a stream of blood. There was a general hue and cry for the police. I and others went off to find the officers, so I had no opportunity of seeing the body. Besides, I did not want to look at it, as those sights make me feel ill."

All the best,
                  Fisherman

Comment

Working...
                  X