Favorite suspect/s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    And they donīt come all that close. Chapman had lodgings in Cable Street, but he cannot be linked to the murder spots other than in the same capacity as most Eastenders: they were not all that far off.

Hutchinson can be linked to the Kelly site, but possibly not on the right day. The rest is written in the stars, and there is no reason to think he must have been close to any other murder site at the relevant hours.

Lechmere is VERY much ahead of the rest, and - as you say - the best suspect there is in the geographical regard. And he was actually standing all alone some little distance away from one of the murder victims at the approximate time of her death. That alone tells Lechmere totally apart from the others.

But they will not have any of it, Abby. Just wait and see.
    totally agree.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
      Wouldn't he have been late for work during the Chapman murder?
      hi harry
      probably. but do we know if he was supposed to be to work at exactly the same time every day?

Boss: hey lechmere-I need you in an hour early tomorrow- joe is sick and weve got a heavy schedule.

and of course a slimmer possibility that the witnesses were wrong that morning, but i doubt it.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• As someone who is in love with the English language, I can assure you, Fisherman, that you use it with greater clarity, grammatical propriety, and assurance than many native speakers.
        Last edited by Ginger; 06-04-2018, 05:08 AM. Reason: Spelling
        - Ginger

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
          If you stand outside Christ Church Spitalfieds, you will be within easy walking-distance of all the murder sites, as were thousands of men who lived/worked in the vicinity in 1888. You would still be within easy reach of the murder sites if you stood at any point within a half-mile radius of Christ Church, for that matter - a radius which would, I daresay, raise the number of potential Rippers into the tens of thousands.

The truth is that Cross's route to work ONLY coincided with the site of Polly Nichols' murder and, if I'm going to be pedantic, we only know that to be true on the very morning of her death. All the rest is uncorroborated speculation.
          yeah but pretty sure speculation. I don't know for sure the sun is going to come up tomorrow but its a pretty safe bet.

the fact remains, Lech lived at point A, worked at point B and route took him near the murders sites at roughly the same time.

sure thousands of other men lived and worked in the vicinity. how many were near a murder location near the time? a handful. how many were seen near the body of murder victim? one.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger View Post
            As someone who is in love with the English language, I can assure you, Fisherman, that you use it with greater clarity, grammatical propriety, and assurance than many native speakers.
            Eye toTaly a-grea wit dis,

; )

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
              Christer
              you tell us, several times infact, what an honest, hard working , religious and thoroughly good chap Mizen was. You imply he is above and beyond reproach. Such is a highly subjective viewpoint, one which refuses to contemplate or consider the possabilities.

That there are sources which suggest Mizen may have lied, is "not up for disscussion" to quote your earlier posting.
              The question of if that evidence is strong enough to make the case is however.
              Given the seperate sources and nature of those sources, there is sufficient to strongly suggest that the part of his testimony refering to the exchange and subsequent actions are fabrications.

Steve
              No, I have never told you that Mizen was hard working and honest. You need to stop putting words in my mouth!
              I have told you that there is nothing to contradict the suggestion that he was. Just like how Lechmere can have been a good or bad father, Mizen can have been a good or bad police. It of course applies that he got a good grade, so one must accpet that he took care of his duties in a commendable way, but thatīs as far as the evidence takes us.
              He WAS religious, and he DID succeed when taking over his fathers business.

Why do you claim that a quotation from Hans Rosling applies to my take on Mizens veracity and honesty? I donīt understand why you allow yourself to drop to these levels of misrepresenting me!

You should present your evidence and stop at that.

Comment

And he was actually standing all alone some little distance away from one of the murder victims at the approximate time of her death. That alone tells Lechmere totally apart from the others.
                No. It puts him in exactly the same situation as John Davis, Louis Dymshitz and PC Watkins.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                  Wouldn't he have been late for work during the Chapman murder?
                  No, I donīt think so. I always endorsed the Phillips standpoint that Chapman had been dead for AT LEAST two hours and PROBABLY MORE at 6.30, Harry. And yes, that means that I discard Richardson, Long and Cadosch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                    That speaks volumes.
                    It was meant to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                      the fact remains, Lech lived at point A, worked at point B and route took him near the murders sites at roughly the same time.
                      I repeat, this only true of the Nichols murder, both in terms of location and time.
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Again this speaks volumes.

To make a judgement he only needs to see the case for the prosecution. Poor old Lechmere if thats the justice he’s allowed!
                        But it is not, is it? Anybody is allowed to make a defence case for him. Scobie was asked to see if the case for the prosecution was a good one, and he said it was good enough to warrant a trial. And he foreshadowed that such a trial would end in a cinviction for Lechmere, unless he had good answers to the questions he would be asked.

Once again, it was no trial, it was a docu researching Lechmere as a suspect, not as an innocent witness, and as Paul Begg said, it was completely relevant to ask Scobie about the prosecution side only. Maybe the time has come to stop the crocodile tears flowing, Herlock...?
                        Last edited by Fisherman; 06-04-2018, 05:40 AM.

Comment

I can't see how someone confronted with the bald facts could say that the case against Cross was a strong one - on the contrary, to make any kind of case at all one needs an additional layer of interpretation. Without this, we simply have a man who had adopted his stepfather's name, who saw what he thought was a woman lying on the pavement, called Paul's attention to it, examined it with Paul, and went with him to find a policeman.

That's no case at all, never mind a strong one, so one has to wonder what the "prosecution" dossier actually contained.
                          Then again, that was not the case that was made. You "forgot" about a number of things, Gareth.

Soooooooooooooooooooooo surprising.

Not.

Comment

Yes. So the time of death must be wrong Harry.

Thats how it works in Lechmere Land.
                            Try and read the police reports. Thatīs how it works in serious research land.

Comment

...which was some hundred yards away and where no train was recorded to have passed as Lechmere and Mizen spoke. It was a night where many people spoke about how dead silent it was.
                              But where exactly were Lechmere and Mizen when they spoke.

Comment

If you stand outside Christ Church Spitalfieds, you will be within easy walking-distance of all the murder sites, as were thousands of men who lived/worked in the vicinity in 1888. You would still be within easy reach of the murder sites if you stood at any point within a half-mile radius of Christ Church, for that matter - a radius which would, I daresay, raise the number of potential Rippers into the tens of thousands.

The truth is that Cross's route to work ONLY coincided with the site of Polly Nichols' murder and, if I'm going to be pedantic, we only know that to be true on the very morning of her death. All the rest is uncorroborated speculation.
                                If we make a circle with 22 Doveton Street in the middle, and if we allow it to stretch out to Dorset Street, thus encompassing the Tabram, Nichols, Chapman and Kelly murders, then the triangle formed by the distance inbetween Hanbury Street and Old Montague Street will make up a lot less than five per cent of the area of the circle. That means that if we accept that Lechmere could have walked in any direction on his working trek, he would stand only a miniscule chance of walking past the murder area.

But just by coincidence, these murders happened EXACTLY within the area bordered by Hanbury and Montague - the EXACT stretch that he walked.

A donkey, a rat, a mentally disturbed dove and an alpacka would easily all unddrstand that this means that this particular suspect is PERFECTLY in line with being the killer, as regards the geography.
                                Speaking about how others also lived in the area is to stoop way below any respectable intelligence level.

You have GOT to look at the suspect FIRST, and THEN you check him for geography. When you do that with Lechmere, ALL the alarm bells ring, but for those visiting the annual deaf ripperologists festival.

Comment

Working...
                                X