X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    You don´t have to run to flee, Gareth. And yes, the dreaded Phantom killer may have silently walked away a minute before Lechmere arrived.

The difference between the two gentlemen is that one existed while the other is - so far - only a figment of imagination.

Once more, what In say is that Lechmere fits the bill. Again. Not that fitting the bill makes him a killer. You have to fit a lot of bills before that happens. Of course, Lechmere fits enough bills for me to accept that he was the killer. That´s my prerogative.
    For anyone new reading this thread, for Phantom Killer read Jack The Ripper

“The difference between the two gentlemen is that one existed while the other is - so far - only a figment of imagination.”

How can you accuse people of being misleading with nonsensical statements like that.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Tell me one person who agrees with Trevor, Herlock. He is in no way as qualified as Griffiths is at any rate.
    Gareth, Steve and I agree with him that the ripper and the TK were 2 different men.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Tell me one person who agrees with Trevor, Herlock. He is in no way as qualified as Griffiths is at any rate.
    He certainly doesn’t fit the main ‘agreeing with you’ qualification which you tend to admire.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Yes, it does, and I am as fine with that as I am with people having to resort to implying foul play to make their own thinking look a bit better.
    But you’ve admitted that that was the case

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    To your mind, undoubtedly.

But as I´ve said, Griffits said to me in private that he thought there was a really good chance that we had finally nailed the right man.

If that makes either of you idiotic, I certainly won´t tell you who I think it is. You tend to get grumpy when I do.
    I’m quite happy and content to say that I and others are right and he is wrong.

Did he get both sides or just the side that Scobie got

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    We are covering old ground now, so I´m off for some time.

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    What's with this "fleeing"? All he had to do was walk, and hang a left down Court Street (or similar side-street) and he'd be on Whitechapel Road in a minute or so. All very silent, all very low-key.

Besides, if Cross wasn't the Ripper, then similar concerns about making good his escape would have confronted him as well. Indeed, there's a possibility that he did just that, when he heard Cross approaching.
    You don´t have to run to flee, Gareth. And yes, the dreaded Phantom killer may have silently walked away a minute before Lechmere arrived.

The difference between the two gentlemen is that one existed while the other is - so far - only a figment of imagination.

Once more, what In say is that Lechmere fits the bill. Again. Not that fitting the bill makes him a killer. You have to fit a lot of bills before that happens. Of course, Lechmere fits enough bills for me to accept that he was the killer. That´s my prerogative.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    He also managed to keep it all very silent and low-key, and stayed away from running into the arms of a police, fleeing from the scene.
    What's with this "fleeing"? All he had to do was walk, and hang a left down Court Street (or similar side-street) and he'd be on Whitechapel Road in a minute or so. All very silent, all very low-key.

Besides, if Cross wasn't the Ripper, then similar concerns about making good his escape would have confronted him as well. Indeed, there's a possibility that he did just that, when he heard Cross approaching.

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    As per Scobie, that rather depends on the accuracy and completeness of the information Griffiths had to work with.
    Yes, it does, and I am as fine with that as I am with people having to resort to implying foul play to make their own thinking look a bit better.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    But as I´ve said, Griffits said to me in private that he thought there was a really good chance that we had finally nailed the right man..
    As per Scobie, that rather depends on the accuracy and completeness of the information Griffiths had to work with.

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    And failing that it is to get away from the crime scene unseen and unidentified Which is exactly what Lech the Ripper didn’t do. Which points to the overwhelming likelihood that he was Lech the witness as the police at the time believed him to be.
    He also managed to keep it all very silent and low-key, and stayed away from running into the arms of a police, fleeing from then scene (Lechmere, not the police).

Coin. Sides. Two.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    When an expert says something idiotic I choose to ignore it. How the hell can anyone say that a serial killer would be certain to put himself in a position where he would almost certainly get caught?
    Quite.

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    At its simplest there is far, far more chance of CL being innocent than there is of him being guilty. Without a shadow of a doubt.
    To your mind, undoubtedly.

But as I´ve said, Griffits said to me in private that he thought there was a really good chance that we had finally nailed the right man.

If that makes either of you idiotic, I certainly won´t tell you who I think it is. You tend to get grumpy when I do.

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    I don’t see how I could have written a fairer post.

Obviously someone that disagrees with you is going to get the usual criticisms. I’m biased but you’re open-minded .

When an expert says something idiotic I choose to ignore it. How the hell can anyone say that a serial killer would be certain to put himself in a position where he would almost certainly get caught. Please wake up It’s a wonder old Lech didn’t sneak up behind PC Watkins, goose him, then run off shouting ‘I’m Jack and you cant catch me!.’

“As I told you before, my work means that I look for the options involved“

And as long as they can be shaped to fit a guilty CL then everything is rosy in the garden!

Is anyone else getting tired of this nonsense?
    When an expert offers a view, I work from the idea that it is anything but "idiotic".

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    And yet strangely when ex-detective Trevor Marriott disagrees with your Ripper/Torso Killer theory he doesn’t know what he’s talking about

Leave a comment:

Working...
X