X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    You have agreed on here that Scobie was presented with the case for CL’s guilt and not the case for and against.
    I really cannot "admit" anything, basically speaking. I was not there, i did not see what material he had, but I believe that it was the material that pointed to guilt on Lechmere´s behalf, since that was the matter he was to assess.

Even if I had been certain that this was the case, I would not "admit" it, I would say it or acknowledge it. The phrase "admit" leads people to beleive that there was a denial from the outset, and there never was.

It would be a simple and totally legitimate case of presenting a case against a suspect, the way such cases are always presented. So there would be no need for "admitting" things.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    It´s the company of any people who are willing to claim or imply that either Scobie or Griffiths - or both of them - were intentionally misinformed.

To me, that is the worst company possible.

Nota bene that I´m not saying that Griffiths and Scobie were not - or were - misinformed. I could never guarantee either thing since both men were in contact with other people than me.

What I am saying is another thing: that we should treat people as being truthful and honest until it can be proven that they are not.

Saying that Scobie and Griffiths were provided with misleading information or lied to, without being able to prove it, is scumbag territory as far as I´m concerned.

Slyly implying it without even having the guts to come clear about it is possibly even worse. It is the underbelly of ripperology, it is shameful and repulsive in my world, Harry.

I hope I have been very clear on this, since I will not discuss it any further with you.
    More victim mentality. You accused me shedding tears because you were accusing CL of being the ripper you are doing the same on the documentary makers behalf. What is being said is simply that Scobie and Griffiths both appear to have been given a one sided (prosecution) standpoint. A point which you have accepted on this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    To question the content of the information provided to Scobie and Griffiths is not implying that they were "lied to", Fish.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    I would like for you to explain to me what it is you claim that I have admitted.
    You have agreed on here that Scobie was presented with the case for CL’s guilt and not the case for and against.

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by harry View Post
    What company is that Fisherman?
    It´s the company of any people who are willing to claim or imply that either Scobie or Griffiths - or both of them - were intentionally misinformed.

To me, that is the worst company possible.

Nota bene that I´m not saying that Griffiths and Scobie were not - or were - misinformed. I could never guarantee either thing since both men were in contact with other people than me.

What I am saying is another thing: that we should treat people as being truthful and honest until it can be proven that they are not.

Saying that Scobie and Griffiths were provided with misleading information or lied to, without being able to prove it, is scumbag territory as far as I´m concerned.

Slyly implying it without even having the guts to come clear about it is possibly even worse. It is the underbelly of ripperology, it is shameful and repulsive in my world, Harry.

I hope I have been very clear on this, since I will not discuss it any further with you.

Leave a comment:

• harry
    replied
    What company is that Fisherman?

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by harry View Post
    At least Trevor Marriot will write to the boards to defend his claims.Not so the other two experts.So one cannot judge their expertise.I suppose Griffiths also believes in a Prima Facia case being established,though his guessing at certain events,doesn't bode well for a successful outcome.
    Suppose what you want, Harry - you are in bad company.

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    But you’ve admitted that that was the case
    I would like for you to explain to me what it is you claim that I have admitted.

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by caz View Post
    What sort of plan B?

It's not the risk factor I'm talking about here.

It's the flat contradiction of the two arguments that makes no sense, Fish.

Argument A: He calls himself Cross so those who know the paths he treads and when he treads them will not realise that the man they only know as Lechmere is the Buck's Row witness, and start to become suspicious when each new murder happens along one of those paths.

Argument B: He continues to kill along those paths so he will always have an innocent reason for having been there.

They cancel each other out.

He won't need to prove that innocent reason if the police don't check it. But if they do check, nobody will be able to verify it for him anyway if they don't know him as Cross. If he ever has to admit he is Lechmere, so his employer or whoever can confirm he had an innocent reason for going that way when another murder happened, he is pretty much sunk.

So the reason for sticking to paths that people will associate with an innocent Lechmere, going about his normal business, goes out the window by calling himself Cross.

And the reason for calling himself Cross goes out the window by sticking to paths that people can only associate innocently with a man called Lechmere.

Love,

Caz
    X
    Yes, Caz, you are perfectly correct - once he had called himself Cross, he could not use that ruse any more. And yes, Caz, you are correct - he went on killing anyway. And yes, Caz, you are correct - that meant taking a risk.

Leave a comment:

• harry
    replied
    At least Trevor Marriot will write to the boards to defend his claims.Not so the other two experts.So one cannot judge their expertise.I suppose Griffiths also believes in a Prima Facia case being established,though his guessing at certain events,doesn't bode well for a successful outcome.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    I don´t think the police ever contacted Pickfords. They certainly don´t seem to have checked Lechmere in the records, and that is indicative of a lacklustre interest in the carman.

Perhaps because no alarm bells were going off. They were looking for a murderer. They had the guy who found the body but nothing about him or his actions made them suspicious.

Obviously in Fishworld that implies a fault in the police for not seeing through CL’s dastardly scheming and not that they just didn’t suspect him

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
    it needs to be added that i dont agree with Trevor that the Torso's are not murder victims, jist in case the question is asked by someone

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    Originally posted by caz View Post
    ...the reason for sticking to paths that people will associate with an innocent Lechmere, going about his normal business, goes out the window by calling himself Cross.

And the reason for calling himself Cross goes out the window by sticking to paths that people can only associate innocently with a man called Lechmere.
    Neatly put, Caz.

Leave a comment:

• caz
    replied
    Once you kill, you put yourself at risk, Caz. You seem to think that you can kill with no risk at all?

I don´t think the police ever contacted Pickfords. They certainly don´t seem to have checked Lechmere in the records, and that is indicative of a lacklustre interest in the carman.

Could he have banked on such a thing?

No.

Could he have had a plan B?

Yes.

Would it have worked?

We don´t know.
    What sort of plan B?

It's not the risk factor I'm talking about here.

It's the flat contradiction of the two arguments that makes no sense, Fish.

Argument A: He calls himself Cross so those who know the paths he treads and when he treads them will not realise that the man they only know as Lechmere is the Buck's Row witness, and start to become suspicious when each new murder happens along one of those paths.

Argument B: He continues to kill along those paths so he will always have an innocent reason for having been there.

They cancel each other out.

He won't need to prove that innocent reason if the police don't check it. But if they do check, nobody will be able to verify it for him anyway if they don't know him as Cross. If he ever has to admit he is Lechmere, so his employer or whoever can confirm he had an innocent reason for going that way when another murder happened, he is pretty much sunk.

So the reason for sticking to paths that people will associate with an innocent Lechmere, going about his normal business, goes out the window by calling himself Cross.

Love,

Caz
    X

Leave a comment:

• Elamarna
    replied
    Gareth, Steve and I agree with him that the ripper and the TK were 2 different men.

it needs to be added that i dont agree with Trevor that the Torso's are not murder victims, jist in case the question is asked by someone

Steve

Leave a comment:

Working...
X