What makes Druitt a viable suspect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Observer View Post

So the doctor in question was took to Commercial Street Police Station, kidney and womb on his person, blood on his clothing, found in the presence of a prostitute, on the night of the double event, in the heart of the Ripper atrocities, and they let him go. I'm flabbergasted that anyone believes this story to be genuine.
    Someone claiming to be a doctor.....
    We already debate the possibility the killer dropped off his trophies somewhere and returned to the street to dump the rag. So whoever Spicer arrested may have had no organs on him. Spicer gave no time for his arrest.
    Yes, he had blood on his cuffs, etc.
    When we dismiss a story out of pure bias we risk overlooking something that could otherwise benefit our knowledge.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Observer View Post

And if he wanted to "obtain" a prostitute he only had to walk a half mile from KIngs Bench Walk down to Drury Lane and the environs of theatre land. There were plenty of them knocking about there.
      Do they operate from brothels, or ply their services on the street? That might be a factor.
      Also, fewer dark alley's to accost his victims. Street lighting was more liberal out the west side of the City, if I recall.
      Prostitution existed all over London, whoever the killer was he didn't venture far from where they were easy prey.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

But how was he to know that the rag would be found, and it connected to any murder, so that i think rules that idea out !

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
        On the night that two women were murdered a bloody piece of victims apron is left in a doorway. The killer would surely have been within reason to hope that someone might discover it and draw the police’s attention to it. If it had gone undetected then it would hardly have been damaging to the ripper’s ‘cause.’ If he was determined to highlight a chalked message then he could have done the same at the next murder. Or the next. So I think that rules it back in!
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• I personally believe that an accomplice to the Ripper wrote the GSG sometime in an earlier part of the night either before or during the Stride murder, and then the Ripper simply quickly dropped off the Apron a few hours later.

There are a lot of peculiarities in the Ripper case that simply seem to be impossible to explain if the Ripper was working alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

a bloody piece of victims apron is left in a doorway. The killer would surely have been within reason to hope that someone might discover it
            I rather think that the primary motivation was that it should not be discovered on the killer's person if apprehended and/or when he got "home".
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Hi Abby,

To be honest though this applies to any Jack the Ripper suspect. For any one of them we have to account for the missing hour between Mitre Square and Goulston Street. It’s possible that the ripper had some kind of bolt-hole of course and this can’t discount any suspect. I’ve often thought that this was perhaps a point in favour of the ripper writing the GSG? He surely didn’t wait an hour or so and then decide to go out a dump a bloodied cloth in some random doorstep when he could have either dumped it closer to home or burnt it? Maybe he wrote the GSG earlier but it had gone unnoticed in the early hours and he decided to leave the rag as a pointer?
              HS
              what this points to, taking into account the missing hour, is someone who had a home, or some bolt hole nearby-where he could go drop off his goodies and knife, get cleaned up and grab a piece of chalk and then head to goulston street. so a local man, someone who lived in the immediate area.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

HS
                what this points to, taking into account the missing hour, is someone who had a home, or some bolt hole nearby-where he could go drop off his goodies and knife, get cleaned up and grab a piece of chalk and then head to goulston street. so a local man, someone who lived in the immediate area.
                Or someone that lived just outside the area and had a bolt-hole within the area? What’s you’re opinion on the suggestion that the writer of the graffito might have been an educated man seeking to disguise his level of education? I’m talking about the misspelling of ‘‘Jews’’ and the double negative on the one hand and the correct spelling of the tricky words ‘’blamed’’ and ‘’nothing’’ and the neat handwriting on the other. I’m certainly not suggesting that this is conclusive of course but I feel that it’s a possible interpretation (and yes, I know that it will be said that I’m trying to make this fit Druitt but I’ve mentioned this long ago and it could also be said to fit better educated suspects like Sickert, Tumblety, Stephen, Thompson etc.)
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• As this Druitt thread appears to have morphed into a GSG thread—

Two police witnesses at exactly the same spot in Goulston Street at approximately the same moment. Yet neither reported seeing the other, the piece of apron, or the chalked message. Yet, within the hour, one of them would discover the piece of apron, and about twenty minutes later the other would be the first to notice it was missing from the deceased.

Curious, to say the least.
                  Last edited by Simon Wood; 04-08-2019, 04:05 PM.
                  Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Point taken Simon It’s a point for the GSG thread.
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stacker View Post
                      Honestly, I feel that another rather serious problem with Druitt being the Ripper is that the people who argue in favor of such theories have failed to even prove that Druitt ever stepped foot in Whitechapel at any point during the autumn of terror whatsoever. No definitive evidence exists that places him in the general vicinity of the murder area at any point in the general time frame of the murders in any capacity, let alone in the exact murder locations or in the exact nights of the murder.
                      There was no evidence to place the Yorkshire Ripper in Halifax, in Leeds, in Manchester, in Keighley, in Huddersfield, while he lived in Bingley.
                      What you are trying to push is a non-argument, it has no bearing on Druitt.

The only time your argument has any value is if transportation was not available. We have some suspects who can't even be placed in England during the murders. Now, that is a different matter altogether.
                      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Exactly Wick. If Druitt lived 30 miles away then there would have been strong case against. We simply can’t assume that the ripper lived in the heart of Whitechapel. As the murders occurred within such a confined area the chances would have been far higher that he might have been recognised and so it would have been understandable for him not wanting to kill in his own backyard. It’s ok for a witness to have given a description after a glanced sighting but it would have been another thing if that same witness had said “”he looked like Fred Smith”” or “”he looked just like a bloke that works at...””
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Someone claiming to be a doctor.....
                          We already debate the possibility the killer dropped off his trophies somewhere and returned to the street to dump the rag. So whoever Spicer arrested may have had no organs on him. Spicer gave no time for his arrest.
                          Yes, he had blood on his cuffs, etc.
                          When we dismiss a story out of pure bias we risk overlooking something that could otherwise benefit our knowledge.
                          Again blood on his cuffs, in the heart of the Ripper murders, with a prostitute, and they let him go. Right, errrr, what silly policemen !

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Do they operate from brothels, or ply their services on the street? That might be a factor.
                            Also, fewer dark alley's to accost his victims. Street lighting was more liberal out the west side of the City, if I recall.
                            Prostitution existed all over London, whoever the killer was he didn't venture far from where they were easy prey.
                            Streetwalkers abounded. To be fair the peak of the "depravity" stretched fro the late 18th Century, to mid 19th Century, but until they widened The Strand in 1902 it was still a notorious area. The point is there were areas where prostitutes were working within a short walking distance from KIngs Bench Walk. Why would Druitt need to rent a room in Whitechapel when there were potential victims near at hand to his Kings Bench Walk residence?

Comment

• Druitt is known to have already had 3 different activities that he needed to balance his time with:

Job as Teacher
                              Job as Barrister
                              Player in Cricket

Thats right there is an extremely packed schedule that would leave him with almost no time leftover. There are only 24 hours a day, and only 7 days a week. There was no room in his schedule to fit murders such a long distance away from all the locations he was known to be in into his activities.

Comment

• After further researching, I have no doubt that Alice Mackenzie was a Ripper Victim. Alice Mackenzie was killed by the Ripper several months after Druitt killed himself. Druitt was not the Ripper. Druitt was innocent. Case against Druitt closed.

Comment

Working...
                                X