Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lack of Threads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lack of Threads

    Many weak suspects get plenty of threads on this site how come Bury who I would consider to be the strongest suspect has relatively few threads?

  • #2
    Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
    Many weak suspects get plenty of threads on this site how come Bury who I would consider to be the strongest suspect has relatively few threads?
    Because no one has started them.
    G U T

    There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
      Many weak suspects get plenty of threads on this site how come Bury who I would consider to be the strongest suspect has relatively few threads?
      There seems to be quite a few. What's missing?

      Columbo

      Comment


      • #4
        41 topics under his name puts him behind only Druitt, Tumblety, Kosminski, Chapman, Hutchinson, Maybrick and Cross/Lechmere (How does he had 46 threads???). Definitely puts him in the top 10 on the site and there is no way he will get more discussion than Druitt, Chapman or Maybrick, they both have too much drama attached to not discuss them frequently.
        Iím often irrelevant. It confuses people.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Shaggyrand View Post
          41 topics under his name puts him behind only Druitt, Tumblety, Kosminski, Chapman, Hutchinson, Maybrick and Cross/Lechmere (How does he had 46 threads???). Definitely puts him in the top 10 on the site and there is no way he will get more discussion than Druitt, Chapman or Maybrick, they both have too much drama attached to not discuss them frequently.
          To Shaggyrand

          All the suspects you mention are all what I would consider weak suspects.

          Cheers John

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
            Many weak suspects get plenty of threads on this site how come Bury who I would consider to be the strongest suspect has relatively few threads?
            Dear John

            The answer to your question is contained within it:

            "who I would consider to be the strongest suspect "

            Obviously most people do not share your conviction, this is or course frustrating for you, but thatís the view held.
            if you want more threads, you may at present need to start them yourself, and hopefully convince other posters to take a deep enough inteterst to start other threads on him.

            Now obviously Bury is a valid candidate for the killer, but that is it.

            The truth is that there is nothing available in the form of evidence which is compelling enough to push him from the possible status to one of probably.

            However, I will add the same applies to all the named suspects at present.

            Steve

            Comment


            • #7
              Fair points Steve however it is worth noting that there are some weak suspects who anyone sensible would reguard as non starters for being Jack the Ripper.

              Cheers John

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                Fair points Steve however it is worth noting that there are some weak suspects who anyone sensible would reguard as non starters for being Jack the Ripper.

                Cheers John
                But a lot of posters here who aren't real sensible.
                G U T

                There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                  Fair points Steve however it is worth noting that there are some weak suspects who anyone sensible would reguard as non starters for being Jack the Ripper.

                  Cheers John
                  Hi John

                  Agree 100%.

                  we can't control what some people want to post.

                  Those who are serious know who the viable suspects are and who are not.

                  regards

                  steve

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The number of threads about a given suspect is more likely to correlate to other factors rather than the likelihood that the suspect is actually JTR.

                    Those factors could include:

                    how sensational the suspect is - Prince Eddy, Stickert, etc
                    media coverage - the DNA on the shawl for example
                    how open the evidence is to heated discussion - the Cross/Lechmere name or whether Richardson could have seen a body..
                    how much evidence there actually is - few discussions if nothing to actually discuss in any detail
                    trends - various suspects are "en trend" immediately following a new book, tv documentary, new evidence etc

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                      Many weak suspects get plenty of threads on this site how come Bury who I would consider to be the strongest suspect has relatively few threads?
                      Perhaps they are trying to bury Bury?

                      Regards, Pierre

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

                        All the suspects you mention are all what I would consider weak suspects.

                        Cheers John
                        Hi John, I guess opinions differ as to what creates a strong suspect as opposed to a weak suspect. Bury killed his wife, to my mind there are no similarities about his method that make him a viable "Jack the Ripper", as opposed to just another wife murderer.

                        Police at the time investigated the matter but did not seem to consider Bury a viable suspect.

                        True enough.
                        Regards, Jon S.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                          Hi John, I guess opinions differ as to what creates a strong suspect as opposed to a weak suspect. Bury killed his wife, to my mind there are no similarities about his method that make him a viable "Jack the Ripper", as opposed to just another wife murderer.

                          Police at the time investigated the matter but did not seem to consider Bury a viable suspect.

                          True enough.
                          To Wickerman

                          Strangulation followed by Mortem mutilation sounds like the Ripper to me.
                          And if Bury wasn't the Ripper or a copycat there are alot of coincidences as I have outlined on the other . I doubt I will change your mind on how strong a suspect Bury is.

                          Cheers John

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            John.
                            Shaggyrand, on the other thread has defined the problems adequately.
                            The details of Bury's method in killing his wife are not the same as the Whitechapel murderer.

                            You appear to repeat the same generic description, "Strangulation followed by Mortem mutilation", I believe to avoid going into specifics which would make it difficult for you to explain the fact the methods were very different.

                            In one post you assert the method was the same, yet when challenged you admit they were not the same, because then he would have been arrested for being the Ripper......inconsistent.
                            Regards, Jon S.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                              John.
                              Shaggyrand, on the other thread has defined the problems adequately.
                              The details of Bury's method in killing his wife are not the same as the Whitechapel murderer.

                              You appear to repeat the same generic description, "Strangulation followed by Mortem mutilation", I believe to avoid going into specifics which would make it difficult for you to explain the fact the methods were very different.

                              In one post you assert the method was the same, yet when challenged you admit they were not the same, because then he would have been arrested for being the Ripper......inconsistent.
                              All I actually said was the reason why Bury didn't mutilate Ellen Bury to a greater extent was he would have been hung as the Ripper. This applies if Bury was the Ripper or a copycat.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X