Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

Hi George

I don't agree with what you are saying. We will have to agree to disagree. Although if Bury wasn't the Ripper who was? I still think Bury is like Sutcliffe was until he was finally caught. Eg dismissed as a serial killer despite being the best suspect.
    Hi John,

I am perfectly fine with us agreeing to disagree. We all have our opinions. I see that as the reason we are here discussing them. You have selected your suspect on the basis of your assessment of the evidence. I don't know who the ripper was, but my assessment leads me to believe that it is unlikely to have been Bury. I don't have a preferred suspect, but have persons of interest, and persons who I have assessed as less likely. My likeliest person of interest is Mr U.N. Known. I would add that if Jack's victims are to be restricted to the C5, then the majority of the Whitechapel victims were at the hand(s) of others.

Cheers, George
    It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. It shall be life. - Ten Bears

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. - Bladerunner

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

Originally posted by The Baron View Post

OK John, so here it is for you, there is a time gap between Kelly's ans Ellen's murder too! 3 months John and no Killing, 3 months!!!! 3 months John

The Baron
      It's not as large as the gap between Mckenzie and also Rose Mylett may have been a victim of Jack/Bury too.

Comment

Originally posted by GBinOz View Post

Hi John,

I am perfectly fine with us agreeing to disagree. We all have our opinions. I see that as the reason we are here discussing them. You have selected your suspect on the basis of your assessment of the evidence. I don't know who the ripper was, but my assessment leads me to believe that it is unlikely to have been Bury. I don't have a preferred suspect, but have persons of interest, and persons who I have assessed as less likely. My likeliest person of interest is Mr U.N. Known. I would add that if Jack's victims are to be restricted to the C5, then the majority of the Whitechapel victims were at the hand(s) of others.

Cheers, George
        Fair enough George.

Cheers John

Comment

I would add that if Jack's victims are to be restricted to the C5, then the majority of the Whitechapel victims were at the hand(s) of others.
          Sometimes, pointing out the obvious makes a useful point... as this example demonstrates.
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Hi John,

Cheers, George
            Hi George,

I agree with you. Had Bury put his money more where his mouth was - or, as we say in Dutch: no words, but deeds - I might have been able to believe Bury was the Ripper. As it stands, the spoken & written words in the murder on his wife give me too much the impression that Bury wished to convey the notion that he was Jack the Ripper. Why, if he actually was him (or just wanted to be seen as him), didn't he let his knife speak more clearly?

Best regards,
            Frank
            "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
            Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

Originally posted by FrankO View Post
              Hi George,

I agree with you. Had Bury put his money more where his mouth was - or, as we say in Dutch: no words, but deeds - I might have been able to believe Bury was the Ripper. As it stands, the spoken & written words in the murder on his wife give me too much the impression that Bury wished to convey the notion that he was Jack the Ripper. Why, if he actually was him (or just wanted to be seen as him), didn't he let his knife speak more clearly?

Best regards,
              Frank
              Hi Frank

I'd suggest that Bury wanted to get away with Ellen Bury's murder and had he gone to town on Ellen Bury he would have no chance of getting away with Ellen's murder.

Cheers John

Comment

Hi Frank

I'd suggest that Bury wanted to get away with Ellen Bury's murder and had he gone to town on Ellen Bury he would have no chance of getting away with Ellen's murder.

Cheers John
                Hi John,

Thanks for your reaction. I can't say that what you say is impossible or implausible from a ration point of view, but I see the Ripper's desire to mutilate as his driving force and from that viewpoint I find it a bit hard to swallow that he would have settled for much less than he could have done and did to the other victims. Taken together with what I wrote in my previous post, I, for one, don't believe Bury was the Ripper. But I might well be wrong.

Cheers,
                Frank
                "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."

Comment

Hi John,

Thanks for your reaction. I can't say that what you say is impossible or implausible from a ration point of view, but I see the Ripper's desire to mutilate as his driving force and from that viewpoint I find it a bit hard to swallow that he would have settled for much less than he could have done and did to the other victims. Taken together with what I wrote in my previous post, I, for one, don't believe Bury was the Ripper. But I might well be wrong.

Cheers,
                  Frank
                  Hi Frank

It's important to note that the abdominal cuts were made sometime after Ellen Bury had been strangled. Maybe Bury/Jack couldn't resist some mutilation.

Cheers John

Comment

Just as an aside, people often bring up Mackenzie, it’s debatable and that’s fine. People bring up Tabram, it’s debatable and that’s fine. We discuss Stride (who only had her throat cut) it’s debatable and that’s fine. Why does no one mention Coles? A gap of time…yes, but I could suggest any number of speculated explanations for that.
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                      Just as an aside, people often bring up Mackenzie, it’s debatable and that’s fine. People bring up Tabram, it’s debatable and that’s fine. We discuss Stride (who only had her throat cut) it’s debatable and that’s fine. Why does no one mention Coles? A gap of time…yes, but I could suggest any number of speculated explanations for that.
                      Hi Herlock,

In addition to the time gap, there's also the fact that Coles wasn't dead when her body was found, unlike the C5, Tabram and Mackenzie.

Comment

Regarding the time gap for Mackenzie, note that the murders of Tabram thru Eddowes all occurred in August or September. Kelly was killed indoors. Maybe JtK was inclined to kill outdoors only when it was fairly warm out. When is the next time that the average temperature in London is as warm as in late September? The first half of May, right? The time gap from then to Mackenzie's murder is a little over 2 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis C View Post

Hi Herlock,

In addition to the time gap, there's also the fact that Coles wasn't dead when her body was found, unlike the C5, Tabram and Mackenzie.
                          Hi Lewis,

True, but if it’s possible that Stride could have been interrupted then perhaps the same happened to Coles murderer?
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Hi Lewis,

True, but if it’s possible that Stride could have been interrupted then perhaps the same happened to Coles murderer?
                            I think that it's very likely that Coles' killer was interrupted, but not before he cut her throat twice. My belief is that when the C5 and Mackenzie had their throats cut, they died immediately, but maybe we don't know that for sure.

Comment

Hi Frank

It's important to note that the abdominal cuts were made sometime after Ellen Bury had been strangled. Maybe Bury/Jack couldn't resist some mutilation.

Cheers John
                              Hi John,

Even though what you write is true, it doesn't change my view. In fact, with all the writing and verbally suggesting he was the Ripper, the abdominal cuts give me the impression that he did that to suggest he was the Ripper. It all eems a bit too contrived to me. But that's just my view.

Cheers,
                              Frank

Comment

Hi John,

Even though what you write is true, it doesn't change my view. In fact, with all the writing and verbally suggesting he was the Ripper, the abdominal cuts give me the impression that he did that to suggest he was the Ripper. It all eems a bit too contrived to me. But that's just my view.

Cheers,
                                Frank
                                Hi Frank

Fair enough. Obviously I don't agree but fair enough.

Cheers John

Comment

Working...
                                X