Ada Wilson assault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ada Wilson assault

Just a few snippets I found here and there for anyone who interested, please add Click image for larger version

Name:	3 Swaton Street to Maidman.JPG
Views:	539
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	773734

Click image for larger version

Name:	ada wilson 1.JPG
Views:	424
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	773736

Comment

Name:	news 1 Ada.JPG
Views:	435
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	773739

Comment

Name:	Canter.JPG
Views:	570
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	773741

Comment

A serial killer will often commit his earlier crimes closer to home because of uncertainty and inexperience, but venture further afield as their confidence grows. From the perspective of a killer working Monday to Friday, one might expect their Friday crimes to be situated closer to their home location, governed by the least effort principle and time constraints. Whereas their Saturday crimes, free from time constraints and tiredness, would unburden their unwillingness to travel further afield.

copied from
          A serial killer exhibiting the traits of a marauder will operate using a buffer zone from their residence but radiate from this base when committing their murders, whereas a commuter will operate...

Comment

I reckon Bury could well have done this, partly because of the geography and physical description, but also because it is known that he: a) assaulted his wife when he demanded money and she refused - so his behaviour is similar; b) he was a confirmed knife attacker; c) known to be active in the early hours (I think he killed his wife around 2-3 was it?); known to use prostitutes and there is a suggestion Wilson was a prostitute, so would possibly have been using that area.

Interesting that this is 5 days before his wedding. Perhaps he needed the cash for something to do with that as he wouldn't have had access to Ellen's cash until after.

Comment

Originally posted by Aethelwulf View Post
              Interesting that this is 5 days before his wedding.
              I also seem to recall that there were two attacks in the area on the day of Bury's wedding...

No doubt people will correct me if I'm wrong...

M.
              (Image of Charles Allen Lechmere is by artist Ashton Guilbeaux. Used by permission. Original art-work for sale.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mark J D View Post

I also seem to recall that there were two attacks in the area on the day of Bury's wedding...

No doubt people will correct me if I'm wrong...

M.
                This one is of interest because someone wrote on Wikipdeia they got married in Bromley parish church. Is that correct?

In March 1888, Ellen and William left Martin's employ and moved to a furnished room at 3 Swaton Road, Bow, where they lived together until their marriage on Easter Monday, 2 April 1888, at Bromley Parish Church.[17] Martin later said he had dismissed William because of unpaid debts.[18]

Comment

If so he would have come back over Tower Bridge and Haynes (1) assualt was on the way back from this direction, later Smith (2).

Thats quite a wedding day. Is that the right church Bromley, nobodys getting confused with Bromley by Bow. Ellen was from South London.

Name:	Bury wedding day.JPG
Views:	354
Size:	267.6 KB
ID:	773787

Comment

1 - Malvina haynes
                    2 - Emma Smith
                    3 - Burys Home

Name:	Burry wedding 2.JPG
Views:	355
Size:	235.6 KB
ID:	773789

Comment

Yup, I like this.

Raises the question: if the police sent two coppers up to Scotland to talk to Bury about being the Ripper (and apparently decide that he wasn't), did they quiz him about Haynes, Wilson and Smith in addition...?

M.
                      Last edited by Mark J D; 11-14-2021, 05:04 PM.
                      (Image of Charles Allen Lechmere is by artist Ashton Guilbeaux. Used by permission. Original art-work for sale.)

Comment

There was no Tower Bridge in 1888.
                        Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                        M. Pacana

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggins View Post
                          1 - Malvina haynes
                          2 - Emma Smith
                          3 - Burys Home
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	Burry wedding 2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	235.6 KB ID:	773789
                          Say Bury did attack smith, what sort of blunt instrument might he have on him? Something long, hard, slim - what about the handle of a riding crop or whip? He did travel by horse and cart. The man that attacked Annie Farmer is a very plausible match for Bury and one report has her attacker striking a man with a whip as he left. Perhaps after the marriage/knees-up Bury is out prowling in the early hours of the 3rd and crosses paths with Smith?

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggins View Post
                            If so he would have come back over Tower Bridge and Haynes (1) assualt was on the way back from this direction, later Smith (2).

Thats quite a wedding day. Is that the right church Bromley, nobodys getting confused with Bromley by Bow. Ellen was from South London.

Name:	Bury wedding day.JPG
Views:	354
Size:	267.6 KB
ID:	773787
                            Isn't Bromley by Bow more likely? wedding certificate should show location.

Comment

Please remind me about Malvina Hayes? I haven't heard of this potential victim. Any details would be appreciated - or a link to sources. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X