Most dangerous location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
    I would agree under normal circumstances... just that with the panic/"hysteria" surrounding the crimes just seems to me to be to open an area...again....that is assuming that there were extra police.. plain clothed and also vigilance committee folks wondering about… which may or may not have been the case

Steadmund Brand
    PC Harvey, according to his statement, went up the lane almost entering the square on his last past by before the body was discovered, and he said he saw or heard nothing. Even though his vantage point would have allowed him to see someone standing at the murder site. Pearce didn't see or hear anything, even though his bedroom window was overlooking the murder scene.

It seems it may have been a good spot to work despite the open nature of the square...the darkest corner of the square might well be the key to remaining unseen.

Cheers
    Michael Richards

Comment

I'd plump for Dutfield's Yard, Berner Street.

The probability that club members could have left at any time and caught the Ripper in the act, plus the possibility that the yard gates were left open (there's nothing saying they were shut) means that the Ripper was operating in his riskier location by far. When the streets were thronged with people even at that late hour it is remarkable that nobody leaving the club or walking down Berner Street peering into the yard while passing by saw Jack killing Liz.

Comment

IMHO they were all pretty much equally extremely risky-for various reasons.

Comment

Working...
        X