Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How "safe" were the respective murder sites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rosella View Post
    I'm sure some of the clientele of Bermondsey, Tower Hamlets, Bethnal Green etc wouldnt object too strongly to women who contented themselves with 'a lick and a promise', (as those sort of washes were referred to by my grandmother!)

What I meant was though, that of course women who lived from hand to mouth were forced out onto the streets every day at all hours. Surely they would be more likely, though, to go and have a drink and try and pick up a client in the more warm and convivial atmosphere of a pub after dark, (once they'd scraped a couple of pennies together for a drink,) rather than trawl the streets in bad weather, anyway. That's my guess anyway.
    G'day Rosella

But how do they get the first couple of p together for a little drinky poo.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
      G'day Rosella

But how do they get the first couple of p together for a little drinky poo.
      Gut,

In those days it was d not p.

MrB

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
        And in which district were the most homeless women? If women were working the streets in some number in any district of London at the time, then the fact that the poorest district had the most homeless should enlighten us somewhat on this point.

Cheers
        Michael,

Have you ever been to London?

MrB

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
          Gut,

In those days it was d not p.

MrB
          Yep I know, but when ever I say a couple of d people say "What???"

Good ole LSD.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Yep I know, but when ever I say a couple of d people say "What???"

Good ole LSD.
            Gut,

Try saying tuppence instead of two p. It might give you some Dickensian cred amongst the more discerning Aussie youff.

MrB .

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
              Gut,

Try saying tuppence instead of two p. It might give you some Dickensian cred amongst the more discerning Aussie youff.

MrB .
              Talk about an oxymoron.

And we used to have a dog named Twopence.
              G U T

Comment

Talk about an oxymoron.

And we used to have a dog named Twopence.
                Gut,

Please tell me you pronounced your dog's name tuppence and not too pence .

The fate of the Anglo/Oz relationship may depend on your answer.

MrB

Comment

• I'll just skip in here and say that to get fourpence for a drinky-poo a woman would have to go out on the streets, get a client, then persuade him to take her to the pub and buy her a pint.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                    I'll just skip in here and say that to get fourpence for a drinky-poo a woman would have to go out on the streets, get a client, then persuade him to take her to the pub and buy her a pint.
                    Yep or get two punters, one for her doss one for her gin.
                    G U T

Comment

Working...
                    X