No announcement yet.

Millers Court - Was it Cleaned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There has always been some discussions around what can be seen on that partition wall, and in the past some ideas put forward based upon what people believed they read on that wall. The partition wall was constructed using old doors, there is evidence in one photo at least of a faded #26 on the door, suggesting it may have been an old street facing door. Perhaps an old one used to access the shed, under Elizabeth Praters room. Any marks, notations, symbols that people believe they see in the stains and marks could just be from its past usage.
    Michael Richards

Comment

Welcome back, Michael.

I look forward to disputing and arguing with any point you might make.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
        Welcome back, Michael.

I look forward to disputing and arguing with any point you might make.

c.d.
        Kind of a mixed message there cd.

Thanks, and just so you know I dont seek confrontation and combat-by-typing interaction, but nor do I shy from it.
        Michael Richards

Comment

Glad to see you back Michael.

You haven't missed much though in your absence.

In summary, there's been another 25 threads on Lechmere, a few dodgy comments on a thread discussing the recent election and Baron has been winding up Herlock no end.

I do gest of course, there were actually 27 new Lechmere threads.

Eek!

RD
          "Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post
            Glad to see you back Michael.

You haven't missed much though in your absence.

In summary, there's been another 25 threads on Lechmere, a few dodgy comments on a thread discussing the recent election and Baron has been winding up Herlock no end.

I do gest of course, there were actually 27 new Lechmere threads.

Eek!

RD
            Its a Dog chasing its tail RD. But thanks for the welcome.
            Michael Richards

Comment

If there was anything of any apparent significance written on that partition wall Joseph Barnett will have been questioned about it by Abberline and/or Badham. He knew the room well. If there was any writing at all I think the occupant(s) are more likely candidates than the killer to have been those responsible.
              I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                If there was anything of any apparent significance written on that partition wall Joseph Barnett will have been questioned about it by Abberline and/or Badham. He knew the room well. If there was any writing at all I think the occupant(s) are more likely candidates than the killer to have been those responsible.
                Sorry, not got time at the moment to fully check but would Barnett have seen the inside of Millers Court after the murder had taken place and before the Police had arrived?

Comment

Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post
                  Just been looking at some of the photos associated with the case and got me wondering about poor Mary's room. In the crime scene photo it looks to me if the wall behind her could have been 'cleaned' or had something wiped away before the photo was taken. Possible?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	705
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	833154
                  Definitely looks to be some writing on said wall very interesting!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Christian View Post

Definitely looks to be some writing on said wall very interesting!!!
                    Where are you seeing the writing, Christian?

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post

Sorry, not got time at the moment to fully check but would Barnett have seen the inside of Millers Court after the murder had taken place and before the Police had arrived?
                      Not unless he was the murderer Geddy.

I imagine that Christian is aware of the claims over the years of seeing some kind of writing on that wall, I just caution you that even if there was, it could have been from when it was used as a door, and therefore irrelevant in the discussions about Kelly. The partition wall separated Marys room from the house essentially, her room was allegedly a parlour before being converted. Hence the fireplace. It was built using old doors, some nails and plaster. Gypsum boards were still a while down the road. But as I mentioned before, there is a shadowed remnant of numbers on there somewhere...26. I would have to search my older stuff a bit to find the photo that was enhanced to reveal the traces of 26.

It does make sense when you remember the shed, which was accessed from Dorset..under Elizabeth's room, likely had a number on it. The only other access from the street would have been from inside the tunnel. Would be interesting to see all the plans for that building, my understanding is that it was refitted/Reno-ed a few times over those years. So an earlier iteration would have a door to the house inside the passageway where as you entered you would find a sitting room or parlour on your left and the stairs going up on your right. I imagine many tenants around the district may have benefited from living in a sectioned off sitting room. The probability of a fireplace would be high.
                      Michael Richards

Comment

Working...
                      X