X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

I quote the serious points I made in # 316:

That's very far-fetched.

I wrote that Eddowes could hardly have been murdered by anyone other than the man seen with her by Lawende.

You responded:

Wrong . Clearly you dont know what your talking about if you believe this .

Anyone from outside this forum would likely wonder why my comment should receive such an aggressive response and also how, when I responded:

If it is so clear, why cannot you present a reasoned argument instead of merely issuing an insult?

you could possibly add:

I dont have to present an arguement its just a no brainer

which implies that there is no need to present arguments - only to ridicule and rubbish ones presented by one particular member - me.

You now write:

Eddowes leaves the man she was seen with by Lawende, [insert any 100 reasons /excuses that a whore and her john might not agree on]

That is not credible.

The woman had her hand on the man's chest.

She needed money.

There is no reason to suppose that they broke up.

You then write:

Eddowes walks back though dukes passage

There are two things wrong with what you have written: first, there was not a passage called Duke's Passage.

Secondly, if you mean Church Passage, you have no way of knowing that she had come from Mitre Square itself.

You are making an assumption which is unsupported by the evidence.

There is no reason to think that Eddowes would have gone to Mitre Square unless she were already in the company of a potential customer.

You then write:

arrive just at the corner next ot mitre street,

Again, there is no reason why Eddowes would have gone from Church Passage to the Mitre Street corner of Mitre Square if she had broken up with the man seen with her.

You then write:

where the killer attacks her and kills her then leaves via Mitre stree exit . Its not rocket science !

It isn't any kind of science, but pure speculation which runs counter to the evidence.

It assumes that the murderer is lying in wait at the Mitre Street corner of the Square for a victim who may never come.

It assumes that the murderer is unconcerned that while waiting there, Pc Watkins will be arriving roughly every 14 minutes and might wonder what the man is doing alone in Mitre Square in the early hours of the morning.

It assumes that if the man hangs around alone in the Square and arouses suspicion, he is unconcerned about being questioned or searched.

I am waiting to see whether the host of members - including Elamarna and Herlock Shomes - who have repeatedly accused me of making assumptions (when actually I had made reasonable deductions from evidence) are going to point out that you have made invalid 'assumption after assumption'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All you have offered to counter my reasoned arguments is five posts filled with ridicule and not one reasoned argument.

What is the purpose of this forum if instead of being a place where ideas are discussed and exchanged, it is simply a place to ridicule what you call 'newbies'?
    Oh now were using pretty colors hmmm i little desperate but it to be expected i guess.

Again there was no need for any arguement, it was a silly comment to begin with one which i made my point in explaining to you . However you went off on some silly rant that proved nothing what you said about Lawende or anythnig that disproved that another person could have killed Eddowes .

Enough now, youve made yourself look even less credable than when you started that reckless comment by trying to defend it .
    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

The only comment that I’ll make on this point (again) is that we should be wary of being too confident that we can accurately reverse engineer what went on at any murder scene. We can’t know what the killer or victim where thinking or intending. It’s my opinion that the odds strongly favour than the man seen by Lawende and co was her killer but it can’t be impossible that, like Kelly with Hutchinson, the man that she spoke to might have been someone that she was acquainted with and so she tried to borrow money or persuade him into ‘business’ but he either wasn’t interested or he had no money. Then the killer approached her from the same direction the Lawende had walked? Maybe the killer had been watching and saw her encounter. Or maybe, after the man walked away she headed through Mitre Square via Church Passage where she ran into her killer who entered from one of the other two entrances?

We can’t know for certain but that Lawende’s men was the killer has to be a strong favourite as her killer imo.
      ''she could hardly have been murdered by anyone other than the man seen with her by Lawende.''

Which is why this statement worded incorrectly imo ,

Yes Lawende may well be the obvious choice, but to say Eddowes could hardly have been murdered by anyone ''other'' than the man'' seen with Lawende is plain silly and reckless, and he was called out for it as you yourself have correctly pointed out the number of possiblities that could have taken place .
      'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

The only comment that I’ll make on this point (again) is that we should be wary of being too confident that we can accurately reverse engineer what went on at any murder scene. We can’t know what the killer or victim where thinking or intending. It’s my opinion that the odds strongly favour than the man seen by Lawende and co was her killer but it can’t be impossible that, like Kelly with Hutchinson, the man that she spoke to might have been someone that she was acquainted with and so she tried to borrow money or persuade him into ‘business’ but he either wasn’t interested or he had no money. Then the killer approached her from the same direction the Lawende had walked? Maybe the killer had been watching and saw her encounter. Or maybe, after the man walked away she headed through Mitre Square via Church Passage where she ran into her killer who entered from one of the other two entrances?

We can’t know for certain but that Lawende’s men was the killer has to be a strong favourite as her killer imo.

Well, Hutchinson was not considered as reliable a witness as Lawende, but the proven proximity of Lawende's sighting to the time of the murder is absent
        in Hutchinson's case.

Christer Holmgren suggested to me the possibility that Eddowes met the murderer in Mitre Square.

I countered that that was rather like suggesting that Annie Chapman met the murderer in the back yard of 29 Hanbury Street.

Another suggestion would be that Stride met her murderer in Dutfield's Yard.

Such ideas are, I suggest, fanciful and farfetched.

We know that prostitutes met their customers in the open and then went with them to a darker, more secluded spot and that this is where, unfortunately, Chapman,
        Stride and Eddowes met their ends.

The idea of Eddowes and the murderer converging on the murder site from opposite directions is obviously farfetched.

Comment

• Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post

Oh now were using pretty colors hmmm i little desperate but it to be expected i guess.

Again there was no need for any arguement, it was a silly comment to begin with one which i made my point in explaining to you . However you went off on some silly rant that proved nothing what you said about Lawende or anythnig that disproved that another person could have killed Eddowes .

Enough now, youve made yourself look even less credable than when you started that reckless comment by trying to defend it .

I used colours for clarity, to show quotes and distinguish yours from mine, but you have to make a flippant comment about that too.

You continue to use completely inappropriate language, such as describing my sober and reasoned comments as a silly rant.

You risk bringing this forum into disrepute.

Comment

Well, Hutchinson was not considered as reliable a witness as Lawende, but the proven proximity of Lawende's sighting to the time of the murder is absent
            in Hutchinson's case.

Christer Holmgren suggested to me the possibility that Eddowes met the murderer in Mitre Square.

I countered that that was rather like suggesting that Annie Chapman met the murderer in the back yard of 29 Hanbury Street.

Another suggestion would be that Stride met her murderer in Dutfield's Yard.

Such ideas are, I suggest, fanciful and farfetched.

We know that prostitutes met their customers in the open and then went with them to a darker, more secluded spot and that this is where, unfortunately, Chapman,
            Stride and Eddowes met their ends.

The idea of Eddowes and the murderer converging on the murder site from opposite directions is obviously farfetched.
            You use the phrase ‘far fetched’ regularly. So we can substitute ‘far fetched’ for ‘doesn’t agree with my theory.’

Theres nothing ‘far fetched’ about a woman bumping into someone that she knew. There’s nothing ‘far fetched’ about him not wanting to come forward. If they ran into each other as they crossed Mitre Square then they had no need to go elsewhere.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

You use the phrase ‘far fetched’ regularly. So we can substitute ‘far fetched’ for ‘doesn’t agree with my theory.’

Theres nothing ‘far fetched’ about a woman bumping into someone that she knew. There’s nothing ‘far fetched’ about him not wanting to come forward. If they ran into each other as they crossed Mitre Square then they had no need to go elsewhere.

Of course, it is far-fetched.

Eddowes is seen with her hand on a man's chest a short walk from the murder site, nine minutes before her body is found, and is mutilated and eviscerated in such ways that would have taken several minutes to perform, and you are suggesting that instead of her going with the man into the Square, she walked alone into the empty, dark Square for no particular reason, and that the murderer, again for no particular reason, entered the same Square, and that he then murdered her there.

I have never seen any evidence that the police ever took such a theory seriously or even considered it.

It is ridiculously far-fetched.

Comment

I used colours for clarity, to show quotes and distinguish yours from mine, but you have to make a flippant comment about that too.

You continue to use completely inappropriate language, such as describing my sober and reasoned comments as a silly rant.

You risk bringing this forum into disrepute.
                Ahh the old sober and reasoned ploy ,yeah thats a good one keep it up, your not fooling anyone here.

Comment

Ahh the old sober and reasoned ploy ,yeah thats a good one keep it up, your not fooling anyone here.

What do you mean by fooling?

Are you suggesting I have joined this forum in order to fool people?

Comment

What do you mean by fooling?

Are you suggesting I have joined this forum in order to fool people?
                    I'm suggesting you quit this argument that which started from a ridiculous statement of yours , stop throwing your toys out of the crib and Get a good night sleep .

Comment

I'm suggesting you quit this argument that which started from a ridiculous statement of yours , stop throwing your toys out of the crib and Get a good night sleep .

You started the argument and anyone viewing our exchanges can see that all the infantile remarks were made by you and that none was made by me.

Comment

Of course, it is far-fetched.

Eddowes is seen with her hand on a man's chest a short walk from the murder site, nine minutes before her body is found, and is mutilated and eviscerated in such ways that would have taken several minutes to perform, and you are suggesting that instead of her going with the man into the Square, she walked alone into the empty, dark Square for no particular reason, and that the murderer, again for no particular reason, entered the same Square, and that he then murdered her there.

I have never seen any evidence that the police ever took such a theory seriously or even considered it.

Or that they began looking for a sailor after Lawende’s description either. But I guess that doesn’t matter because it suits you.

It is ridiculously far-fetched.
                        Whatever you say PI. To be honest, with your level of unequivocal deductions I’m only surprised that you haven’t solved the case.
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Joseph Lawende saw the back of a woman he did not know at a distance of about 10 feet for a short amount of time in poor lighting. He later identified the woman's clothes, as he had never seen the woman's face.

If the woman that Lawende saw was Eddowes, then the man she was talking with probably was was her killer.

But there's a significant chance that the woman that Lawende saw was not Catherine Eddowes, meaning the man that Lawende saw was completely unrelated to the crime.

Even if Lawende did see Eddowes, there is a big enough time gap that the man he saw might not have been her killer.

We also have no way of judging how accurate Lawende's description of the man was.

The Ripper might have been a sailor, but there's not enough information to know that. And if he was a sailor, why weren't the killings closer to the docks?

"The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

totally agree herlock
                            considering all the witnesses describe the suspect as wearing a peaked cap, including the ones in strides case, we can be pretty certain the ripper was wearing a peaked cap that night and both stride and eddowes were killed by peaked cap man aka the ripper.
                            and of course while he was also described as having the appearance of a sailor, it dosnt mean he actually was a sailor.
                            "Is all that we see or seem
                            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiver View Post

Joseph Lawende saw the back of a woman he did not know at a distance of about 10 feet for a short amount of time in poor lighting. He later identified the woman's clothes, as he had never seen the woman's face.

If the woman that Lawende saw was Eddowes, then the man she was talking with probably was was her killer.

But there's a significant chance that the woman that Lawende saw was not Catherine Eddowes, meaning the man that Lawende saw was completely unrelated to the crime.

Even if Lawende did see Eddowes, there is a big enough time gap that the man he saw might not have been her killer.

We also have no way of judging how accurate Lawende's description of the man was.

The Ripper might have been a sailor, but there's not enough information to know that. And if he was a sailor, why weren't the killings closer to the docks?

that all might be true Fiver but peaked cap man. peaked cap man. this aint rocket science
                              "Is all that we see or seem
                              but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                              quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiver View Post

I refer to # 145 in the thread Would a Doctor or a Policeman participate in major crimes such as these?

​You claimed that I described the condition of the apron piece inaccurately.

I then quoted a report by Dr Frederick Gordon Brown, which proves that my description was accurate.

There was no response from you.

You also alleged that I 'piled assumption upon assumption' but, as I responded, in some detail, I had in fact made reasonable deductions and explained how I arrived at them.

You claimed there are 'multiple possible explanations' for the murderer's cutting of the apron in two, other than the one I gave, but when I asked you whether you could provide a more plausible explanation than mine, you made no reply.

You then challenged me to produce 'any' evidence to support what I had written about Scotland Yard's views about the graffito.

I did so, but again there was no response.

You then claimed that I had 'produced no evidence to back' my claim that Wentworth Dwellings was inhabited mainly by Jews.

I did so and, once again, you made no response.

Any outside observer reading our exchange would doubtless conclude that a strange game is being played on this forum.

In addition to being accused routinely of making assumptions instead of deductions from the evidence, I am being accused of making statements for which I have no evidence and - by implication - for which there is no evidence.

Yet, time and again, I am proven right.

Any such observer would rightly conclude that all the assumptions are being made by my critics - and that those assumptions are demonstrably unfounded, as your silence confirmed.

As for your comments above:

Joseph Lawende was considered by the police to be an important and reliable witness and royally treated by them.

His description of the suspect was evidently considered valuable, or else it would not have been withheld at the inquest.

I suggest your point about poor lighting is not valid: Lawende could judge the colour of the man's moustache, the colour and pattern of his jacket, the colour of his neckerchief, and the colour of his cap.

It is hardly believable that the man was bathed in light while the woman, who had her hand on his chest, was enveloped in gloom.

There was not a big enough time gap for someone else to have murdered Eddowes.

We had Trevor Marriott yesterday questioning whether the murderer had time to excise Eddowes' kidney, so how could Eddowes have parted from the man she was so obviously interested in, found another man, and that man still have had time to excise her kidney - and yes, I do believe that all the excisions were done by the murderer.

The police themselves did acknowledge at the time the lack of time for someone other than the man seen by Lawende to have committed the murder.

Your question about the location of the killings relative to that of the docks seems to rest on the assumption - a luxury apparently reserved for anyone except this writer - that the man was living on a ship.

As I stated previously, I believe the murderer was living in accommodation in Spitalfields throughout the period in which the murders occurred and did not take his trophies back to a family, wife, relatives, friends or colleagues.

My reading of the arrival and departure dates of ships convinced me beyond any doubt that the murderer could not have been coming and going on any ships.
                                Last edited by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1; 12-01-2022, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X