The Juwes Graffiti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caz View Post

I just can't see anyone taking the time to murder and mutilate defenceless women on the streets - but there it is.

Someone took the time to write that message, and wasn't seen doing it, so I don't see it as a stretch if it was the same person who risked having his neck stretched that night.

Love,

Caz
    X
    I see your point Caz. And of course there is ever chance that he did write said graffiti but for me, with all other things relating to MO and what we have still surviving as evidence, it doesn't add up for him to do it. I am yet to be convinced. There is a little bit too much tail chasing in this instance I think, too much scope for the development of conspiracy theories.
    Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

Do you mean in a "he wanks as high as anyone in Wome" way?

Perhaps he didn't know his Rs from his Ws.

If the word had been Jewry [which sounds like jury], you'd have had more of a point.

Love,

Caz
      X
      I was about to make a feeble joke about "jurors" and "Juwes" sounding exactly alike, if you happen to be Johnathan Woss.

Your Python reference was waaaaaaaaay better though.

Comment

If the word had been Jewry [which sounds like jury], you'd have had more of a point.

Love,

Caz
        X
        nah then trevor would just be looking for a jeweler with a speech impediment

Comment

Love,

Caz
          X
          But we are talking in the plural, the words Jewrys has no relevance in this context, whereas the word Juwes is clearly plural and also the writing clearly relates to the male gender

"The Juwes are the men"

If the writer had been aiming the writing at the jews as an ethnic group he could have written

"The Jews are the ones"
          "The Jews are the people"
          "The Jews are they"

"The Jewrys are the men that will be blamed for nothing"

and in 1888 all juries were made up of men

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
          Last edited by Trevor Marriott; 06-22-2021, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dickere View Post

Speaking as someone with a London accent, rubbish or otherwise, it feels like quite a stretch to me. The idea of it being someone trying to appear uneducated appeals to me.
            Another possibility is that Jewes was an archaic way of spelling Jews. The grafitto was written in a round hand - cursive - so it is possible that between bad handwriting and hurried transcription Jewes was recorded incorrectly as Juwes.
            "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
              "The Jewrys are the men that will be blamed for nothing" :

..or a kid wrote it and was portraying adult males as separate from himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post

..or a kid wrote it and was portraying adult males as separate from himself.

Comment

But we are talking in the plural, the words Jewrys has no relevance in this context, whereas the word Juwes is clearly plural and also the writing clearly relates to the male gender

"The Juwes are the men"

If the writer had been aiming the writing at the jews as an ethnic group he could have written

"The Jews are the ones"
                  "The Jews are the people"
                  "The Jews are they"

"The Jewrys are the men that will be blamed for nothing"

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                  Hi Trev,

You could have put the above in letters ten feet high and it still wouldn't have made your interpretation any more likely.

I know we are talking about Juwes - plural. I wasn't trying to turn it into Jewry or jury. You are the man to blame for trying to turn Juwes into jurors. Like water into wine. Or apron into jam rag.

I was merely using the singular word 'Jewry', meaning Jewish people collectively, or a Jewish quarter in a town or city, to illustrate that when spoken it does at least sound almost exactly like 'jury' - whereas 'Juwes' and 'jurors' don't sound the same at all unless, as Ms Diddles observed, it's Wossy doing the talking.

Edmund: Right! Well, perhaps this time I might be allowed to continue,
                  and perhaps finish, with any luck

[Suddenly, from under Queen’s dress, Aunt emerges.]

Aunt: `Luck’? Hah hah hah! Way-hey! Get it?

[Everyone says, “No…”]

Aunt: Oh, come on! `Luck’! Sounds almost exactly like `f–

This is the full script for 'Beer', the fifth episode of Blackadder Series 2. Plenty of Blackadder Quotes to choose from in this episode as well!

Love,

Caz
                  X
                  "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Hi Trev,

You could have put the above in letters ten feet high and it still wouldn't have made your interpretation any more likely.
                    Thats you opinion, and I can see why you took up writing instead of comedy

www.trevormarriott.co.uk

Comment

Says Mr. Bean in the detective suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
                        Says Mr. Bean in the detective suit.
                        A typical quote from a no nothing numpty

Comment

Thats you opinion, and I can see why you took up writing instead of comedy

www.trevormarriott.co.uk

That's okay, Trev. I'll stick with the writing and leave you to take care of the comedy.

Love,

Caz
                          X
                          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

A typical quote from a no nothing numpty
                            That's what I love about this site - the reasoned logic and civil discourse.

"The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

You have Jewry street in Aldgate and Old Jewry in the City
                              If the Message was genuine, maybe a possible mis spelling clue?
                              I've also wondered about Juwes referring to a gang or family in the area.
                              I also think that the size of the lettering is irrelevant to both arguments on who wrote it as simply it was written and to be seen.

Comment

Is there any evidence whatsoever that suggests or connects the writing on the wall to the ripper ? I find it hard to believe that someone so elusive would also wander around with a pot of paint and a brush and spend the time to write the message.

Comment

Working...
                                X