Of meknesse he blew his horn.
    Al it was for our honour

On Good Fryday was don on rode;
    The Juwes spyltyn his herte blode;
    Mary his moder be hym stode.
    Ye ben our help and our socour.
    On Esterne Day he gan up ryse
    To techyn hem that wern onwyse.
    Ah, ye 'Olde English' example. I have found versions of this hymn / carol where Jews is spelt correctly.

I have deliberately avoided using examples from Old English for these reasons.

For those who are interested, this is a carol from the 15th Century called "Man, Be Glad in Halle and Bour".
    Last edited by erobitha; 06-21-2021, 05:36 AM.
    Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
    JayHartley.com

Comment

We have no way of knowing of course but if the killer did have knowledge of Olde English this again points to a higher level of education.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by erobitha View Post

Ah, ye 'Olde English' example. I have found versions of this hymn / carol where Jews is spelt correctly.

I have deliberately avoided using examples from Old English for these reasons.

For those who are interested, this is a carol from the 15th Century called "Man, Be Glad in Halle and Bour".
        Why would anyone want to use the term Juwes to describe an ethnic group when the term Jews was common knowledge and easily spelt. After all the writer of the graffiti managed to make no other spelling mistakes, and besides the writer was specific about the gender he was referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by clark2710 View Post
          in the message, The Juwes are not the men who will be blamed for nothing, I've read about it being a dialect of the region indicating a certain type person, that the misspelling indicating the writer was a certain nationality. Which are believed to be more believable?
          hi clark
          i think its probably more of the case the ripper just spelled it wrong-intentionally or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

hi clark
            i think its probably more of the case the ripper just spelled it wrong-intentionally or not.
            That's what I'm thinking, that people may be over thinking this, he did have misspellings in his letters as well if memory serves. He laughed at the idea of him being thought a doctor. But that could've been a rouse too. But some Ripper evidence is over thought in my opinion.

Comment

Totally out of the box here.
              if the GSG and apron piece along with the initials on the wall were clues or possible “ teasers” left by Jack is there anything else at the other murder sites that could be considered the same , including non C5 victims .

Comment

Originally posted by clark2710 View Post

That's what I'm thinking, that people may be over thinking this, he did have misspellings in his letters as well if memory serves. He laughed at the idea of him being thought a doctor. But that could've been a rouse too. But some Ripper evidence is over thought in my opinion.
                That depends entirely on whether you attribute any of the letters to the killer in the first place.
                Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by paul g View Post
                  Totally out of the box here.
                  if the GSG and apron piece along with the initials on the wall were clues or possible “ teasers” left by Jack is there anything else at the other murder sites that could be considered the same , including non C5 victims .
                  Let's assume they are both actual clues. It means they were both some form of message.

Which means he wants to communicate something of importance to him at those times. It does not mean that at every murder he commits he feels compelled to leave a message.

The C5 victims are classed as such because of the similarities in which they were murdered. If there were any other "clues" it is more likely at those murder sites than a non C5 victim.
                  Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
                  JayHartley.com

Comment

I often wonder if rather than actually writing the graffiti the killer intentionally placed the rag underneath as a bit of a joke or to wind up the authorities? It may be that for whatever reason he wanted the rag to be found. If so placing under the graffiti would have made this easier. he may not of even been aware of what it said. If either was the case he certainly achieved his goal. For me I just can t see him taking the time to write the graffiti, its too far a stretch for me.
                    Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

Why would anyone want to use the term Juwes to describe an ethnic group when the term Jews was common knowledge and easily spelt. After all the writer of the graffiti managed to make no other spelling mistakes, and besides the writer was specific about the gender he was referring to.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                      That's why I suspect the spelling of 'Juwes' was deliberate, Trev.

Jews - common knowledge, easy enough to spell and topical.

No other spelling mistakes.

Love,

Caz
                      X
                      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post

That's why I suspect the spelling of 'Juwes' was deliberate, Trev.

Jews - common knowledge, easy enough to spell and topical.

No other spelling mistakes.

Love,

Caz
                        X
                        thats right but the word jurors is not so easy to spell, and is spelt how some may pronounce it Juwes!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Losmandris View Post
                          I often wonder if rather than actually writing the graffiti the killer intentionally placed the rag underneath as a bit of a joke or to wind up the authorities? It may be that for whatever reason he wanted the rag to be found. If so placing under the graffiti would have made this easier. he may not of even been aware of what it said. If either was the case he certainly achieved his goal. For me I just can t see him taking the time to write the graffiti, its too far a stretch for me.
                          I just can't see anyone taking the time to murder and mutilate defenceless women on the streets - but there it is.

Someone took the time to write that message, and wasn't seen doing it, so I don't see it as a stretch if it was the same person who risked having his neck stretched that night.

Love,

Caz
                          X

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

thats right but the word jurors is not so easy to spell, and is spelt how some may pronounce it Juwes!!!!!!!!!

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                            I don't agree, Trev. When you say "jurors" properly, it's nothing like Juwes. More like "jourers".

Love,

Caz
                            X

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post

I don't agree, Trev. When you say "jurors" properly, it's nothing like Juwes. More like "jourers".

Love,

Caz
                              X
                              Of course it does whats the matter with you? and if you couldnt spell jurors correctly its a perfect fit.

Comment

Do you mean in a "he wanks as high as anyone in Wome" way?

Perhaps he didn't know his Rs from his Ws.

If the word had been Jewry [which sounds like jury], you'd have had more of a point.

Love,

Caz
                                X

Comment

Working...
                                X