My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	mitre-sq-jan1887.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	247.1 KB
ID:	742126
      Love these Goad maps so detailed for the time we are so lucky to have them DJA thanks sir

Comment

The 1894 Whitechapel ordinance map is most useful.Especially as one complete map that can be downloaded and magnified.
        Too big to post here,however Rob House has posted it under Official Documents on this website.

It shows Henry Gawen Sutton's trek home after work from London Hospital towards Finsbury Square circa 1867/8 , when he was the Shoreditch Vestry Board's Medical Officer to Mary Ann Kelly (1868 until his death,including her Inquest)and physician to Nichols and Eddowes from December 1867 when they were inpatients together with Rheumatic fever (in The London Hospital).

Past the first two murders long after he had transplanted his family to Seven Oaks,Kent, past two hotels operated by and frequented by two of the five's landlords,Dr Phillips' residence,the parents of a child mysteriously living with Hutchinson,the real one,not Toppy

That and Mitre Square are my most referred to maps.
        Last edited by DJA; 09-18-2020, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	mitre-sq-jan1887.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	247.1 KB
ID:	742126
          Yes, it's a lovely map. But you haven't demonstrated how it relates to the annotated ariel map.

Comment

Your post #12 contains so many obvious mistakes,I don't know where to start.

Hopefully someone else has the time and perseverance.

Comment

Your post #12 contains so many obvious mistakes,I don't know where to start.

Hopefully someone else has the time and perseverance.
              The building marked as Horner & Co on the annotated ariel map is Kearley & Tonge, as demonstrated in this 1890 sketch... http://www.internationalstores.co.uk...depots-hq.html

Comment

I wasn't totally sure about Andrew Firths annotations, dare I suggest he's got Bevis Marks in the wrong place, it's up past Mitre Square, not on the junction of Aldgate + Duke St?

Nice to see Christians pics generating discussion though.
                Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

He has it right.

It shows the four buildings between Houndsditch and Duke Street.

K&T purchased Horner & Son in 1907.

Comment

He has it right.

It shows the four buildings between Houndsditch and Duke Street.

K&T purchased Horner & Son in 1907.
                    Would you like to look at the Goad map again, and then the link I provided in post #21?

You may spot something rather salient.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

Nice to see Christians pics generating discussion though.
                      Maps are not consulted enough in this case.

Stride's access from 32 Flower and Dean Street to 6 Fashion Street being one.

As mentioned recently, the couple seen by Lawende and friends at the entrance to the lengthy Church Passage had probably been sheltering from the rain.
                      Not necessarily at the corner,but under the considerable eaves of the Synagogue.

Fun with maps ..... Arrr!

Comment

Maps are not consulted enough in this case.

Stride's access from 32 Flower and Dean Street to 6 Fashion Street being one.

As mentioned recently, the couple seen by Lawende and friends at the entrance to the lengthy Church Passage had probably been sheltering from the rain.
                        Not necessarily at the corner,but under the considerable eaves of the Synagogue.

Fun with maps ..... Arrr!
                        I do like an old map.

I can see Horner and Co as marked, I think it's obscuring the Kearly and Tonge building that's at 90° to the older warehouse, but the lighter building marked as K+T is giving me a headache, surely it's the building to the left of it?

If nothing else, it's been a great diversion into old London. Much like the 'Jack's escape from Mitre Square' thread was.

How come two murders were committed by K+T warehouses?
                        Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

How come two murders were committed by K+T warehouses?
                          Which other one?

Comment

Al is prolly referring to Durward Street.

Just gunna get some popcorn

Comment

Yeah, the one on Durward St. Okay, they might not have been there at the exact time, but it'll be a sad day we let facts get in the way of theory. Killer was high up in K+T, sourced the Durward St site to be near his first kill. Or some such ****. Go nuts with it.
                              Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Yeah, the one on Durward St. Okay, they might not have been there at the exact time, but it'll be a sad day we let facts get in the way of theory. Killer was high up in K+T, sourced the Durward St site to be near his first kill. Or some such ****. Go nuts with it.
                                That theory has already been mentioned a couple of times in here over the years if I'm not mistaken, and yes it is a nutty theory. Nothing new in this forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X