Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aldgate-Mitre Square Ariel view 1947

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Talking of things not being there, I'm sure there's a mention of an H&B slaughterhouse being near 29 Hanbury St, but I've never been able to find it.
    I don't suppose you have a photo of it, Christian?

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
      Talking of things not being there, I'm sure there's a mention of an H&B slaughterhouse being near 29 Hanbury St, but I've never been able to find it.
      I don't suppose you have a photo of it, Christian?
      Hi Joshua,

      There was a Barber’s Yard in Hanbury Street, but it had nothing to do with Harrison, Barber. It was the location of cow sheds where a succession of Welsh dairymen produced milk (or rather their cows did).

      Gary

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

        Hi Joshua,

        There was a Barber’s Yard in Hanbury Street, but it had nothing to do with Harrison, Barber. It was the location of cow sheds where a succession of Welsh dairymen produced milk (or rather their cows did).

        Gary
        It’s deja vu all over again. ;-)

        https://forum.casebook.org/forum/rip...r-murder-sites

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
          Talking of things not being there, I'm sure there's a mention of an H&B slaughterhouse being near 29 Hanbury St, but I've never been able to find it.
          I don't suppose you have a photo of it, Christian?
          Unfortunately no sir!

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Christian View Post

            Unfortunately no sir!
            No worries, it was a bit of a long shot.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

              It’s deja vu all over again. ;-)

              https://forum.casebook.org/forum/rip...r-murder-sites
              Thanks Gary, again!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post

                No worries, it was a bit of a long shot.
                Have a vast collection of images sadly not that one Joshua

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Christian View Post

                  Have a vast collection of images sadly not that one Joshua
                  I’m sure there is an image of the entrance to Barber’s Yard (Hanbury Street) on here somewhere.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Christian View Post

                    Have a vast collection of images sadly not that one Joshua
                    Well, dince it doesn't actually seem to exist, I'll let you off

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Barbers Yard Hanbury Street.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	742304 Courtesy of Chris Scott.
                      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	33 and 35 Hanbury street adj Barbers.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	742306
                        My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by DJA View Post
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Barbers Yard Hanbury Street.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	742304 Courtesy of Chris Scott.
                          That’s the one I had in mind.

                          Thanks Dave.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	25 to 31 Hanbury Street plus Barbers.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	742309
                            My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Nice image

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Hanbury Street.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	742314 37 was the cow keepers address.
                                My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X