Help populate this JtR map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help populate this JtR map

I have put a large OS map of Whitechapel online which is available to view and annotate. If you would like to help populate the map with relevant annotations and points of interest it would help me as I go about creating my VR creations.
    The link to view it is:
    Free web and desktop application that enables quick screen grabs, easy URL-based sharing, and live, multi-person drawing and sketching.

and if you want to add annotations you just need to get past the password I've set, which is:
    jacktheripper1888

I know there are loads of maps already online but I wanted ONE large OS covering the whole area of Whitechapel - and with luck - includes all the locations and points of interest to do with the case (and it can be updated in real-time).
    Hope you can take a few moments to add your annotations.
    thanks

JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Hi Richard, I may be doing something wrong, but the map looks devoid of any features.

Is it my poor tech skills?

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
      Hi Richard, I may be doing something wrong, but the map looks devoid of any features.
      Waiting a little while might help. The image of the map took a few seconds to load in my browser, and I have a reasonably good spec computer.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Loads ok on my phone, although I have to zoom in to make out any details at all as the screen is so tiny.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
          Waiting a little while might help. The image of the map took a few seconds to load in my browser, and I have a reasonably good spec computer.
          Thanks Sam, I tried it on my phone, too engrossed in the Johnson/Corbyn arm wrestle to fire up my laptop.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks all,
            Someone has already started adding annotations. Thanks
            The image is large but it should load fine in any browser. you can use your keyboard plus and minus buttons to zoom in and out if need be.
            thanks again

Comment

I've just had a little go at editing, and have come to the conclusion that it's impossible on my phone. I thought I'd achieved nothing, but some mysterious multi-coloured scribbles have appeared in one corner so I won't be trying again in case I inadvertently turn the whole thing into a Jackson Pollock painting.

Sorry Richard!

Comment

Adding stuff via phone is probably asking a bit too much of a task, I would think. Need a desktop and keyboard for best results

Comment

Any 'Pollocks' can always be erased by anyone.

Comment

Any Destructions? Can't seem to save anything
                    ‘There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact’ Sherlock Holmes

Comment

It literally autosaves as you go. You only have to make a mark and even if you close the browser, the mark will be there when you return!
                      The only way to delete the marks (annotations) that you create is to either undo them at the time you're adding, or if you return after a time, you can use the eraser to rub them out. BUT you can also rub anything out, so be careful

Comment

Hm the user interface is truly a collector's item. I clicked the top left icon hoping to see instructions but ended up on a sign-in page which would not allow me to go back. How do you find out what the current red rectangles and circles mean (obviously dorset street is pretty key, but is that it?).

Comment

Agreed. But I can't find another online image annotation app that does anything similar.

Works after a fashion!

Comment

Originally posted by richardh View Post
                            It literally autosaves as you go. You only have to make a mark and even if you close the browser, the mark will be there when you return!
                            The only way to delete the marks (annotations) that you create is to either undo them at the time you're adding, or if you return after a time, you can use the eraser to rub them out. BUT you can also rub anything out, so be careful
                            Not working for me? Doesn't save anything so I've given up
                            ‘There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact’ Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Spider View Post

Not working for me? Doesn't save anything so I've given up
                              Oh, sorry to hear that The map is getting quite populated now. What browser are you using? Can you make annotations/marks on the map? Usually, once you make a mark on the image it is there to stay unless you erase it. Even if you close the browser window it should remain there.

I've looked around for a similar browser-based app that allows for collaborative image annotations but there is nothing like this. The only issue I have with this app is someone decided to scribble/delete or otherwise erase the image because I can't see that there's a way to 'undo' historical deletions.

thanks for trying, anyway

Comment

Working...
                              X