"A Slum Interior in Miller's Court"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

found this :

"5th May to 27th May 2012 - Oxford Arts Society, West Ox Arts ExhibitionTown Hall, Market Square, Bampton, Oxfordshire, OX18 2JH

The Oxford Art Society was founded in 1891 and is an umbrella organisation for accomplished artists with diverse and exciting styles living Oxfordshire, many of whom also exhibit nationally and internationally. They hold regular exhibitions and welcome submissions from ALL Oxfordshire artists to their annual OAS Open Exhibition of selected work held each autumn. Artists whose work is selected for at least two Open Exhibitions may be invited to become a member of the Society. A selection of OAS members are exhibiting at West Ox Arts as part of Oxfordshire Artweeks, a period of three weeks in which Oxfordshire artists and craftspeople open their studios to the public for the county's most important arts festival. "

Comment

5th May to 27th May 2012 - Oxford Arts Society, West Ox Arts ExhibitionTown Hall, Market Square, Bampton, Oxfordshire, OX18 2JH

The Oxford Art Society was founded in 1891 and is an umbrella organisation for accomplished artists with diverse and exciting styles living Oxfordshire, many of whom also exhibit nationally and internationally. They hold regular exhibitions and welcome submissions from ALL Oxfordshire artists to their annual OAS Open Exhibition of selected work held each autumn. Artists whose work is selected for at least two Open Exhibitions may be invited to become a member of the Society. A selection of OAS members are exhibiting at West Ox Arts as part of Oxfordshire Artweeks, a period of three weeks in which Oxfordshire artists and craftspeople open their studios to the public for the county's most important arts festival.

Comment

What a great thread!

So much found out, well-done all concerned.

Is it odd that Naumann seems to be an engraver of some repute (Disraeli etc) but was doing this of Miller's Court?

Originally posted by Jason View Post
        theother writing is WOA 91....this is the West Ox Artists, part of the Oxford Arts Society.....pretty sure about this....Naumann must have been associated with them.

Comment

Jason
          Many thanks indeed for all this info
          I'm sure P Naumann is the guy - the engraver. His is a new name on me as is the West Oxford Artists. How would they have come to be doing sketches in the dives of Whitechapel?

Comment

Thanks, Jason. I don't know about anyone else but I've learnt a lot tonight.

Regards, Bridewell.
            I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Working...
            X