Hello Mike,

Many thanks!

best wishes

Phil

Leave a comment:

• Phil Carter
    replied
    Corey,

Have a look at what Eddowes carried around. Hardly items that "makes things easier"..she was carrying half a shop!

Also, these women were NOT full time Prostitutes all... Eddowes, Stride for example.

It is NOT normal for a woman to NOT posess undergarments, especially in one's own home (Kelly), in cold November (Kelly) when one is def of the age to have menstruation periods (Kelly and others)

Look at the items in Kelly's room. Nothing, Corey, nothing that shows an alternative change of garments at all! Two items of CHILDREN'S clothing, one male, one female... ummm.. guess what it tells me about Kelly's home? You mean to say that this woman walked around day after day, week after week, month after month, with NO CLOTHES to change into? She would have stank to high heaven!

best wishes

Phil

Nothing for her week of menstruation. No extra squares of material, nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Covell
    replied
    From the victim's section of this site,

Nichols
    Flannel drawers
    Chapman
    No mention
    Stride
    No mention
    Eddowes
    Specifically mentions no undergarments
    Kelly
    No mention

Leave a comment:

• corey123
    replied
    Phil,

I dunno how much undergarments cost in 1888, so I bet the reason to them having NO undergarments would be of these two.

1)Poor.
    2)didn't use them because it would be easier to work as a prostitute without them.

I would think the reason would be No.2.

Yours truly

Leave a comment:

• Phil Carter
    replied
    Exactly Corey...EXACTLY!

best wishes

Phil

Leave a comment:

• corey123
    replied
    Phil,

Am I mistaken or did some of the C5 have no undergarments whatsoever?

Yours truly

Leave a comment:

• Phil Carter
    started a topic Undergarments

Undergarments

All,

I raise a point I would CERTAINLY like to see discussed.

I would find it AMAZING that any woman would only have ONE pair of undergarments. However poor they were. Because of menstruation.

How many pairs of undergarments did MJK own? How many were found amongst her belongings? In her "home"?

best wishes

Phil
Working...
X