google earth II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pay close attention

The smaller of the maps is Spitalfields. The larger is my overlay number 16. Just grasp the relationship for what follows. All subsequent plottings stem from the 16 overlay The first is peabody buildings, and the second is police stations. I also have:almshouses, breweries,board schools, hospitals,places of worship. rail stations, and noteable places. The same is true for overlay 17. These are long term plottings and can be paired with any other plot seen on geII. Dave
    Attached Files
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

• here is the current sheet 16 macro

There will be updates, soon schools and firehouses. Dave
      Attached Files

Comment

• The end result

The point of all this is to assemble an understanding of the terrain not based on words, and born out of a 19th century bias. My end game is to be able to display the state of infrastructure as it existed in 1888. Dave

Comment

• something along these lines

Rail stations for 16 and 17. Dave
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by protohistorian View Post
            peabody buildings
            Hi Dave, the PB at upper left on your map. In Clerkenwell. - Roy

Click image for larger version

Name:	clerkenwell.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	658857
            Sink the Bismark

Comment

• Thank You

Thank You very much Roy. Dave

Comment

• a multi purpose image

Hi kids! Here is the city basin as it existed in 1888. You may note the remnants to the right of the blue field. That is how far my overlays are from true. Since the overwhelming majority of plots stem directly from the overlays themselves, they will all possesses the same bias. If there is a situation other than that I will disclose that up front. Considering the overlays are cobbled together from maps scanned from a book, pretty good. This applies to the numbered overlays and not the Spitalfields overlay as that is a single map sheet. It is also good to note that this is the kind of change to be expected in living cities. Dave
                Attached Files

Comment

• sheet 16 board schools

Here are the board schools indicated on the map itself for sheet 16. Dave
                  Attached Files

Comment

• and schools in general

These are all schools indicated on the map, not specifically designated board schools. Many are connected to religous institutions. Some are "charity" schools, some are parochial. Dave
                    Attached Files

Comment

• sheet 16

Post offices. These are just the ones indicated in the Bacon atlas. I do not consider this comprehensive.....yet. Dave
                      Attached Files

Comment

• and here is something different

Image 1 is my 17 overlay, and as you can see there are in fact two cop shops within blocks. I mage 2 is the spitalfields overlay, with the red dot being the Nichols murder site. Dave
                        Attached Files

Comment

• How close am I?

Is this plotting accurate? Dave
                          Attached Files

Comment

• geo profile

Here is an overlay posted on the geo profile thread by Wesley English. Sometimes, other ripperologists contribute valuable stuff. Dave
                            Attached Files

Comment

• one for my London peers

What is this place? Dave
                              Attached Files

Comment

• geo profile and Kosminski

Here is a nod to the geo profilers. Dave
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X