google earth II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Montague Street Mortuary

Does anyone have a detail image of this place? I would settle for a textual geographic description. PLEASE. Dave
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

• The battle of God v. Drink

Here is the image for God v. Drink for the relevant area. Churches 37, pubs 61. But ask yourself, even now which is socially sanctioned? When did you hear a politician announcing going to the local pub? But boy and howdy, they all belong to churches. Dave
      Attached Files

Comment

• basics

For those of us not in london. The parishes. Overlay taken from a pic posted by Septic Blue on the thread "population totals". Dave
        Attached Files

Comment

• modern political boundaries

Once again considering our many peers outside the U.K. Here is an overlay of modern political divisions. Dave
          Attached Files

Comment

• A very hearty thanks to Mr. Clack

I found this image on the internet. It was prepared by none other than Mr. Clack. It demonstrates rather clearly the relationship between Eddowes's corpse and the policing boundry between the metropolitan and city forces. Line is 933 feet in length. Dave
            Attached Files

Comment

• Another hearty thanks to Septic Blue

I lifted this image from a post by Septic Blue on the "Prostitution and Charles Booth's Socio-Economic Classifications" thread. I did this to confirm my contextual plot for the golden lane mortuary. Septic's plot is the white dot, mine the pin. Dave
              Attached Files

Comment

• Props

In my ever growing quest to understand the socio-economic factors at work in this saga, the posts of Septic Blue have been invaluable. I realize the temptation to rush in and "solve" this case is very strong, but understanding the fabric that are tale is woven from is just as important. I thank Septic Blue for his detailed and valuable posts, and the role they have played in dragging my dumb ass into the light of understanding. Dave

Comment

• Begging

I have hit a snag in my map acquisitions here at the uni. Does anyone have a Victorian map of the Thames that includes Rainham? I am on hold plotting the data shared by Mrs. Arif until I acquire one. Dave

Comment

• then and now

The white oerlays are the 1888 postal directory map of London. The discolored brown smear, well thats London in 2010. Quite a change. Dave
                    Attached Files

Comment

• rail and tube 1923

Here is a 1923 map of rail and tube lines. I have to say, the scaling was difficult, I suspect because accuracy was not really a concern. The green square at right is the white whitechapel and Spitalfields overlay. In terms of capital improvements, it seems our district was realitively low in priority. Dave
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Thames Torso Murders

Plottings of R. Michael Gordon's Thames Torso victims. Look very closely as you follow the river, there is an Elizabeth Jackson plot very close to, and obscuring, the Whitehall Mystery. Dave
                        Attached Files

Comment

• I did not like that last capture

...and because I did not, here are two to replace it. Notice the white circle, Grave Maurice tells me it is the o2, it can be used to align the two images. Dave
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Emma Smith

There are some assumptions in this image. On CB it says she was followed from Whitechapel Church to Brick Lane and Wentworth intersection, where she was attacked. I have assumed Whitechapel Church as Christchurch. The green line is the path. I have calculated for 2 mph as speed. It was likely much higher. At that speed, the traveling time is just under 7 minutes. The line is 1247 ft in length. Dave
                            Attached Files

Comment

• You've picked the wrong church, mate. The one you've got is Christ Church. St Mary Whitechapel was down on the Whitechapel Road just opposite Osborn Street. It would only take about a minute to walk from there to the corner of Brick Lane and Wentworth.

Comment

• Once again GM you have helped me, I will remedy that immediately, Thank You. Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X