No announcement yet.

google earth II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There will be a two week pause while I load relevant data, some of which I have requested from my peers. It will be worth the pause I assure everyone, please bear with me, I am learning the technology. Dave
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

Dave,

If you need, tell me the police stations you need and I will tell you were they are.

Yours truly
      Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

As soon as I get the raw maps in I will need addys for them all. Thanks Dave

Comment

Raw maps are in and scaled. Some data has been added but there is a large amount of it. Here is a preview where this is going. Remeber kids, the more data you share with me the more I can plot, and the wider range of customized maps available to us all. Dave
          Attached Files

Comment

Raw maps are in and scaled so now I beg my peers for data. I have had requests for maps with police stations and beats. Also Lodging House Addy's of Houses not specifically mentioned in the ripper case. Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
              Hello Dave,

Could you, when you have time, please do two things for me/us?

1) A map showing the murder sites and the NEAREST policeman to each one?
              i.e. from where they were on their beat at the time of being alerted
              2) A map showing the murders and the nearest policestation to each murder?

many thanks

Phil
              In preparing to fulfil this request I plotted the path from thrawl st to MJK's place, 633 ft, traveling at the average walking speed....2.39 minutes. Dave

Comment

Originally posted by protohistorian View Post
                In preparing to fulfil this request I plotted the path from thrawl st to MJK's place, 633 ft, traveling at the average walking speed....2.39 minutes. Dave
                In another Mary Kelly moment I snapped this. Point 1.(L) is Millers Court, point 2 (R) is the center of Romford as known by google earth. The line is 11.79 miles long. Since we do not know where in Romford, the google default should be fine. Additionally, this line does not account for city traffic and streets, it is as the crow flys. Dave p.s.that mean 3.93 hours at average speed at a minimum, allowing for turns and junctions in roads, the estimate is likely low my orders of magnitude. Save
                Attached Files
                Last edited by protohistorian; 01-28-2010, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Here is one that this Kansas boy had some trouble comprehending. The white squre is the map of Whitechapel, the larger brown area is the urban developement of London, and the green, well, thats were plants grow in abundance. Dave
                  Attached Files

Comment

And here is one of modern roads in relation to victorian roads. Dave
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by protohistorian View Post
                      Here is that plot you wanted. The line is 2.66 miles long or 14,044 feet approximately. Hope this helps.Nichols is absent until i can remedy a problem with the plot. Dave
                      Here is the file I call pieces for somewhat obvious reasons. A response to arequest for a map of pieces. Dave
                      Attached Files

Comment

I have been less the demonstrative of the versatility of this program, I hope this helps. Carlotte De Rothschilds to pinchin Street Torso. Dave
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here is a list of the plotted items so far. I know it is not compltete, data entry is ongoing. In terms of maps that I can generate, pick any two or more items.
                          Pubs: Roebuck Beer House, Prince Albert, Horn of Plenty, Brittania Beer House, Ten Bells, Two Brewers, White House, Queens Head, White Heart, Frying Pan, Bricklayers Arms, White Swan and the Princess Alice.

Vics The pre c5, c5, and post c5 as listed on cb

places: Board School near Polly, IMWEC, Brady Street Dwellings, Brady's Boys Club, Harris Barbers and Co., Queen Ann St, Terrace Houses, Brown's Stable Yard, New Cottage, Woods Bldgs., Essex Wharf, Wentworth M.D., Keally and Tonge Whrse, Great Synagogue, London Hospital. Dave P.S. I am taking suggestions.

Comment

I need to know the numbering conventions for Addy's, I can zoom down to building level, so I need to know how to count Addy's.

Comment

To and beyond this level. Dave
                              Attached Files

Comment

Here is exactly the same view with no overlay. Dave
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X