No announcement yet.

google earth II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can look at these maps for hours on end...thanks to all who contributed!

Comment

Thank You LL, I will keep it up then. Here is a macro one. Tottenham to Breezers Hill, 6.18 miles. Stepney is also on the map. These are the centers as known By google earth. Dave
      Attached Files
      We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

Shows you 'relatively' close Breezers Hill is to Whitechapel/Spitalfields doesn't it though
        'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Here are the pubs as indicated on the overlay. I am efforting more data, this list is not complete, and in fact only contains the beer halls I have heard or read about by name. Dave
          Attached Files

Comment

While I am still plotting stuff and learning this program, I thought a word to my peers might be in order. Any location seen in any post on this thread can be viewed in relation to any other point also seen. I cannot help but notice the lack of suggestions, or even requests. Was I the only geographically inept ripperologist? Oh woe is me! Dave

Comment

Here are the vics plotted so far before I rush off to bug the hell out of the map librarian. One is the pre c5, the other non c5 in general. Dave
              Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone have the Key to the ordnance survey maps? Dave

Comment

Here is a slightly more accurate plotting. While I cannot get the plot for Mrs. Carthy's house, the Stepny gas works is dead on now. Straight line distance SGW to Breezers 1.35 miles, Breezers to MJK, .79 miles. Dave
                  Attached Files

Comment

Because I cannot seem to let well enough alone, and because I cannot plot some positions on the overlay, I have undertaken improving my overlays in ge to better facilitate accurate overlaying of points. Here is a before and after sequence to demonstrate.
                    Attached Files

Comment

And here is an example of old vs modern. The plot for SGW was a modern one based on the environmental abatement of the site before development. This is represented by the pin. now I have maps extending out that far, so you can see the commercial gas works in relation to the pin. Yes there are seems in places on my overlays, primarily as a result of using maps from books. These seems, while optically unappealing, are within the tolerances of the surveyors who made the maps. I think the overlays are close, tell me what you think before this turns into a watch Dave's downward spiral into map madness thread. Dave
                      Attached Files

Comment

There is a gherkin in me map!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by protohistorian View Post
                          While I am still plotting stuff and learning this program, I thought a word to my peers might be in order. Any location seen in any post on this thread can be viewed in relation to any other point also seen. I cannot help but notice the lack of suggestions, or even requests. Was I the only geographically inept ripperologist? Oh woe is me! Dave
                          So here is an example. Emily Holland and the shadwell dry dock fire. Dave
                          Attached Files

Comment

Polly plots

Polly plots. Dave
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by protohistorian View Post
                              And here is an example of old vs modern. The plot for SGW was a modern one based on the environmental abatement of the site before development. This is represented by the pin. now I have maps extending out that far, so you can see the commercial gas works in relation to the pin. Yes there are seems in places on my overlays, primarily as a result of using maps from books. These seems, while optically unappealing, are within the tolerances of the surveyors who made the maps. I think the overlays are close, tell me what you think before this turns into a watch Dave's downward spiral into map madness thread. Dave
                              I begged you guys to stop me. What the hell is a matter with you! Dave
                              Attached Files

Comment

workhouses and infirmaries

Workhouses and infirmaries. Dave
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X