google earth II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• google earth II

Here is another snap from google earth. Some explanations are needed to understand this image. The white square is an overlay of an 1888 map. The blue balloons represent the kill sites and other points of interest as available for download from google earth. These include such goodies as the murder sites of Frances Coles ( blue balloon at the bottom center of the overlay), the Emma Smith attack site, the murder site of Alice McKenzie, the Ten Bells Pub, and the Old Spitalfields Market.The green squares represent the kill sites as recorded on the 1888 map. You will notice they do not correlate at 100%. I have tried and tried and can get them no closer than this. The yellow line is the transect between 126 cable Street and St. Johns Square. Let me know what you think or I will just keep making these and wasting everyones time, and I mean it too! Respectfully Dave
    Attached Files
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Now that I can do this, if readers are willing to submit requests, and a London peer (John Bennet I am looking in your direction)would take a gps reading for the place, I would be willing to plot other points of interest for those of us that are geographically impaired. Respectfully Dave
    Last edited by protohistorian; 01-24-2010, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Here is an example. Emma Smith and her routing options. Simply by virtue of two know points.
      Attached Files

Comment

Or perhaps you favor how modern roads compare to those of 1888.
        Attached Files

Comment

Mitre square road changes, and yes I apologize for the contrast.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is the distribution for the sites I have numbers for. Special thanks to John Bennet for providing me with these numbers and collecting them in the first place. Respectfully Dave
            Attached Files

Comment

Dave,

Could you do a Torso murder map? If its plotable?

Thanks.
              Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Hi Dave,

Nichols is over ChApman, that's it ?

Amitiés,
                David

Comment

Corey yes I can if I get some numbers for the grid. Respectfully Dave

Comment

No it is not, good call. I have to see someone Monday to help me sort that out. For some reason when I switch to the digital nomenclature it gives me a number other than the one sent by Mr. Bennet. I am not savvy enough to know what to do to remedy this situation.Thank You, DVV. Respectfully Dave
                    Last edited by protohistorian; 01-24-2010, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by corey123 View Post
                      Dave,

Could you do a Torso murder map? If its plotable?

Thanks.
                      Here is that plot you wanted. The line is 2.66 miles long or 14,044 feet approximately. Hope this helps.Nichols is absent until i can remedy a problem with the plot. Dave
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Dave.
                        Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

no worries I hope it helps. Dave

Comment

Hello Dave,

Could you, when you have time, please do two things for me/us?

1) A map showing the murder sites and the NEAREST policeman to each one?
                            i.e. from where they were on their beat at the time of being alerted
                            2) A map showing the murders and the nearest policestation to each murder?

many thanks

Phil
                            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                            Accountability? ....

Comment

Phil, Dave,

I have a list of all the police stations from dickens dictionary on my thread "London police(Re-opened).

Yours truly
                              Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Working...
                              X