X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• protohistorian
    replied
    errs

Since it has been several pages since I have said it, if you see an error in one of my plots, please inform me. Otherwise I shall remain ignorant. Dave

Leave a comment:

• protohistorian
    replied
    mortuaries and victims

The mortuaries are the green pins, the red circles are the victims. Dave P.S. as my convention, where the pin intersects the map is the place,
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• protohistorian
    replied
    revised E. Smith path

While waiting for confirmation, I have assumed this plot correct and ran the path. The line is 614 feet long, at 2 mph it is covered in less than a minute. Dave
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• The Grave Maurice
    replied
    Yep, that's the one.

Leave a comment:

• protohistorian
    replied
    is this the correct one?

Following GM's guidance, I have selected this one, is this correct? Dave
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• protohistorian
    replied
    Once again GM you have helped me, I will remedy that immediately, Thank You. Dave

Leave a comment:

• The Grave Maurice
    replied
    You've picked the wrong church, mate. The one you've got is Christ Church. St Mary Whitechapel was down on the Whitechapel Road just opposite Osborn Street. It would only take about a minute to walk from there to the corner of Brick Lane and Wentworth.

Leave a comment:

• protohistorian
    replied
    Emma Smith

There are some assumptions in this image. On CB it says she was followed from Whitechapel Church to Brick Lane and Wentworth intersection, where she was attacked. I have assumed Whitechapel Church as Christchurch. The green line is the path. I have calculated for 2 mph as speed. It was likely much higher. At that speed, the traveling time is just under 7 minutes. The line is 1247 ft in length. Dave
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• protohistorian
    replied
    I did not like that last capture

...and because I did not, here are two to replace it. Notice the white circle, Grave Maurice tells me it is the o2, it can be used to align the two images. Dave
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• protohistorian
    replied
    Thames Torso Murders

Plottings of R. Michael Gordon's Thames Torso victims. Look very closely as you follow the river, there is an Elizabeth Jackson plot very close to, and obscuring, the Whitehall Mystery. Dave
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• protohistorian
    replied
    rail and tube 1923

Here is a 1923 map of rail and tube lines. I have to say, the scaling was difficult, I suspect because accuracy was not really a concern. The green square at right is the white whitechapel and Spitalfields overlay. In terms of capital improvements, it seems our district was realitively low in priority. Dave
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• protohistorian
    replied
    then and now

The white oerlays are the 1888 postal directory map of London. The discolored brown smear, well thats London in 2010. Quite a change. Dave
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• protohistorian
    replied
    Begging

I have hit a snag in my map acquisitions here at the uni. Does anyone have a Victorian map of the Thames that includes Rainham? I am on hold plotting the data shared by Mrs. Arif until I acquire one. Dave

Leave a comment:

• protohistorian
    replied
    Props

In my ever growing quest to understand the socio-economic factors at work in this saga, the posts of Septic Blue have been invaluable. I realize the temptation to rush in and "solve" this case is very strong, but understanding the fabric that are tale is woven from is just as important. I thank Septic Blue for his detailed and valuable posts, and the role they have played in dragging my dumb ass into the light of understanding. Dave

Leave a comment:

• protohistorian
    replied
    Another hearty thanks to Septic Blue

I lifted this image from a post by Septic Blue on the "Prostitution and Charles Booth's Socio-Economic Classifications" thread. I did this to confirm my contextual plot for the golden lane mortuary. Septic's plot is the white dot, mine the pin. Dave
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X