Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

East End Photographs and Drawings

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Itís a great photo - it must have been posted on here at least 10 times.

    Comment


    • I didn't know I could do that on this computer!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
        Itís a great photo - it must have been posted on here at least 10 times.
        Where? Which board? Has it been enhanced?

        Comment


        • Whitechapel High Street showing board school -Essex wharf 1979
          Attached Files

          Comment


          • December 2019 - we need to fire up this thread again :>

            Comment


            • I absolutely love this thread. I worked in Leman St (Beagle House - recently demolished) from 1979 - 1992, and recognise a lot these photos from wandering around the area. I'd love it if the thread could be revived - anyone got anymore great pics?

              Comment


              • beagle house 1979
                Attached Files

                Comment


                • Originally posted by raul98 View Post
                  I absolutely love this thread. I worked in Leman St (Beagle House - recently demolished) from 1979 - 1992, and recognise a lot these photos from wandering around the area. I'd love it if the thread could be revived - anyone got anymore great pics?
                  Hi there I have of late posted numerous images most with no comments!

                  Comment


                  • Hi Christian and all,

                    this is a brilliant thread and I’m ashamed to admit that I haven’t seen it all. I now intend over the weekend to go through it all. Fantastic photo’s from all contributors
                    Regards

                    Herlock




                    “ Herlock is the cleverest man that I’ve ever met.” - Stephen Hawking.
                    “ I wish that I could have achieved half as much as Herlock.”- Neil Armstrong.
                    “ What a voice Herlock has.” - Luciano Pavarotti.
                    “ I wish that I could dump Harry for Herlock.” - Meghan Markle.
                    “ I know that it’s not good to be jealous but I just can’t help it.” - John Holmes.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                      Hi Christian and all,

                      this is a brilliant thread and I’m ashamed to admit that I haven’t seen it all. I now intend over the weekend to go through it all. Fantastic photo’s from all contributors
                      Afternoon sir some divine images on here put aside a few hours though

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Christian View Post

                        Afternoon sir some divine images on here put aside a few hours though
                        I will Christian. I got over half way through a while ago but then got distracted and forgot to go back. They all deserve to be put together in one huge book. Then and now photos are always particularly interesting. I’ve recently been looking at a few addresses loosely connected to the Wallace case and it’s always great to find one that’s obviously the same house rather than just the spot where that house stood.
                        Regards

                        Herlock




                        “ Herlock is the cleverest man that I’ve ever met.” - Stephen Hawking.
                        “ I wish that I could have achieved half as much as Herlock.”- Neil Armstrong.
                        “ What a voice Herlock has.” - Luciano Pavarotti.
                        “ I wish that I could dump Harry for Herlock.” - Meghan Markle.
                        “ I know that it’s not good to be jealous but I just can’t help it.” - John Holmes.

                        Comment


                        • The Ripper could be in one of those photos. Longest of shots but you never know!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                            The Ripper could be in one of those photos. Longest of shots but you never know!
                            Actually Harry just think of all of the street scene photos of the time and the film footage. There’s one of Petticoat Lane market that you’ve probably seen. We could’ve seen the ripper haggling for a coat in the background. Its a tantalising thought.

                            Regards

                            Herlock




                            “ Herlock is the cleverest man that I’ve ever met.” - Stephen Hawking.
                            “ I wish that I could have achieved half as much as Herlock.”- Neil Armstrong.
                            “ What a voice Herlock has.” - Luciano Pavarotti.
                            “ I wish that I could dump Harry for Herlock.” - Meghan Markle.
                            “ I know that it’s not good to be jealous but I just can’t help it.” - John Holmes.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X