X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's Monty's Bar, Rob?
    allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

• Brick Lane, Stephen. Up near Bacon Street.

Rob

Comment

• Right, stop that immediately Rob! Posting photos of that quality is showing the rest of us up!

Excellent as always Rob!

Andrew

Comment

• Thanks Andrew. I think if I take loads and loads of photos I'm bound to get a couple of decent ones.

Rob

Comment

• Yes, I go on that principle as well!

Come April, my camera will be getting used to the max when we do the London Job!

Andrew

Comment

• I've got a large memory card for my camera which comes in handy.

Rob

Comment

• Hi Rob,
                brilliant as always.

What was the reason for the salute at the tower?
                Christian

Comment

• Thanks Christian.

No idea but I wish they gave people warning. My pants nearly went from blue to brown after the first bang.

Rob

Comment

• Visited William Gulls house today then had a stroll down Cleveland St. - where it all began...................

Comment

• Rob,

Hope you noticed at Monty's the "writing" above the door...lol

best wishes

Phil
                      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                      Accountability? ....

Comment

• Rob,

Hope you noticed at Monty's the "writing" above the door...lol

best wishes

Phil
                        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                        Accountability? ....

Comment

• Not quite the East-End but after reading "The Final Solution" by Stephen Knight I went and visited Cleveland Street to see where the old sweet shop was where all this (according to him) began - where the Duke would meet Crook. Earlier in the day Id stood outside Gull's house on Brook St and thought about it all.
                          I appreciate most people think the story is bullshit and even Joseph Sickert supposedly recanted the story - but I was very impressed with the way it was put together - the way he proved many of the involved (supposed) characters were in place at the correct times - the oddness of Crooks missing paper trail being moved around different "homes" - the fact that Gulls stroke wasnt half as bad as people assumed etc etc - fascinating read and to me it all is completely plausable - the fact it seems so far-fetched is a good enough reason to get away with it - no one would ever believe it!
                          Here are four pics I took in Cleveland Street on Friday.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Hi AdamWalsh,

thanks for the pics.
                            Regarding Knight's book, I agree it's well written and well researched...
                            But how can we accept that Eddowes was mistaken for Kelly ?
                            It simply doesn't work - and everything falls down.
                            No wonder if "for a reason Sickert never learned Catherine Eddowes was mistaken for Kelly and died in her place"!! (chapter 2)

Amitiés,
                            David

Comment

• I dont have it to hand right now but didnt it saw Eddowes was somtimes referred to as Mary ...........the break between the double-event and Kelly was because Gull thought it was done - then when they found out the truth she was killed so brutally as punishment for dragging out their plans and the initial confusion. She wasnt just killed - she was completely ruined. There was anger there not present in the other killings.

Comment

• Well, Adam, it simply doesn't work...
                                It would mean they had no description at all of Kelly...although she was the main target...
                                However Knight said Gull had a pic of MJK...

Amitiés,
                                David

Comment

Working...
                                X