The Bucks Row Project Summary Report.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    Steve, if it turns out that unbiased readers think it is a cracking good read, I will certainly get your book.

Otherwise, as I say, I will find out about how you - for example - have concluded that Mizen was a rotten liar by staying tuned and reading these boards. Itīs quite uncomplicated.
    If I find you have good reasons for suspecting Mizen was a rotten egg in this respect, I will arguably part with some dosh and get the book. If I find that you are simply choosing a malicious interpretation over just as likely or more likely benevolent ones, then I will treat myself to a wholesome dinner instead.

It is how I always make my choices. If it seems good, buy it. If not, donīt. Itīs not a given that I buy anything that has Buckīs Row written on the cover, although it will interest me as such. Itīs all about quality, and I nourish the same hope now as I have always done about your book - that it is a really good one, offering good insights and revealing fresh and useful angles. That would definitely make me want it.

Up til then, you will have to try and do the best of how I cannot guarantee that I will buy your opus. Seeing as how you have already implied that my choice is a predictable one, you are not doing half bad, are you?

Lets be clear here, I am not suggestion Mizen is a bad man, and certainly not a rotten liar. I make it very clear that I do not beleive he broke the police code on the 31st.
    What I suggest is a "white lie" it has no effect on the inquest or murder.

Steve
    Last edited by Elamarna; 10-19-2018, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Hi Steve

Did you find any info on James Green, Emma Green`s son, who lived next door to Brown`s Stables and worked as a carman for him ?
      He helped brush the bloodstains away that morning, and I`m sure I read somewhere about his access to the yard.
      Did you find anything on this ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
        Hi Steve

Did you find any info on James Green, Emma Green`s son, who lived next door to Brown`s Stables and worked as a carman for him ?
        He helped brush the bloodstains away that morning, and I`m sure I read somewhere about his access to the yard.
        Did you find anything on this ?
        Jon

Nothing other than what you have posted above, if anything does come to light I would love to include it. On the question of his access to the yard, I don't recall anything, so if someone has the link or name of the report please can they pass it on.
        This is why I chose the Ebook format, it makes adding detail so easy.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
          Jon

Nothing other than what you have posted above, if anything does come to light I would love to include it. On the question of his access to the yard, I don't recall anything, so if someone has the link or name of the report please can they pass it on.
          This is why I chose the Ebook format, it makes adding detail so easy.
          I just had quick look and couldn`t find anything. But I`m sure there`s a newspaper report (but could also have been in one of the attending pc`s report in Ultimate) it had something about the boy James getting a key to the yard to get a brush.

Comment

I just had quick look and couldn`t find anything. But I`m sure there`s a newspaper report (but could also have been in one of the attending pc`s report in Ultimate) it had something about the boy James getting a key to the yard to get a brush.
            i will have a look in ultimate to see if I have missed something, and go back over the press reports, just search for "green".

Comment

i will have a look in ultimate to see if I have missed something, and go back over the press reports, just search for "green".
              All I can find Jon is that he worked as a carman for Brown, reported in many press reports. wonder where the comments about access are?

will take a look in sugden or Begg to see if I can see anything.

Steve

Comment

All I can find Jon is that he worked as a carman for Brown, reported in many press reports. wonder where the comments about access are?

will take a look in sugden or Begg to see if I can see anything.
                Have you checked the police reports in Ultimate ?

Comment

Have you checked the police reports in Ultimate ?
                  done a search in kindle using the name Green, nothing obvious refering to his access I can see

Steve

Comment

Morning Advertiser 18 Sept, Emma Green's evidence;

"The Coroner: Do you know that your son went out to wash the blood away. -- Witness: Yes; I thought it had better be done directly the body was moved. A constable went into my yard with my son, and they returned with a broom and washed the stains away."

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                      done a search in kindle using the name Green, nothing obvious refering to his access I can see
                      Hmmm ... okay, don`t spend too much time looking into it, perhaps it was a dream, I also remember Harriett Lily being described as a dolphin with too much lipstick on. I will let you know if I find anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post

"The Coroner: Do you know that your son went out to wash the blood away. -- Witness: Yes; I thought it had better be done directly the body was moved. A constable went into my yard with my son, and they returned with a broom and washed the stains away."
                        Thanks Joshua, staring me in the face, so it seems that the Greens had 24hr acess to what they viewed to be Their yard, despite its name.
                        and unless they went via the building, which does not seem to be the case, its clear the gates could be opened from the street side.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post

Thanks JR, that could be it !!
                          But, I notice they`ve got the broom from Mrs Green`s own yard, and not next door, which implies they had no access to the yard

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                            Hmmm ... okay, don`t spend too much time looking into it, perhaps it was a dream, I also remember Harriett Lily being described as a dolphin with too much lipstick on. I will let you know if I find anything.
                            No problem Jon, Joshua pointed something out, which indicates he had access when ever he wanted.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                              No problem Jon, Joshua pointed something out, which indicates he had access when ever he wanted.

Steve
                              correction,
                              i assumed they were talking about the yard, must read more carefully!! So it may well be they had no access.

It is great that we get this sort of discussion out of it i think.

steve

Comment

• It seems unclear whether the Green's house had it's own yard. The 1899 Goad map shows a small yard behind it, and adjacent to the stable yard, but the 1893-5 OS map shows that small yard as part of the building. It seems unlikely that the cottage would be partially demolished to provide some outdoor space (it usually happens in reverse) so may be a mistake on the OS map. Or perhaps the yard was entirely filled with a shed?

Comment

Working...
                                X