Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJA View Post
    Nah!

Do you want a Hopalong Cassidy badge,or a chest to pin it on?
    I'll take the chest, but only if as antipodean masculine as yours! All hairy and sunburned. Cooled down with flowing Fosters.

In a masculine way! That's not a fantasy! It's not!
    Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

You mean with three types of skin cancer.

We do not drink Fosters.
      We sell it to the Poms.
      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
        Can anyone explain please what the "Dowt" "Devereux" reference alludes to? (Sorry to be a pain if this is common knowledge but it's a mystery to me).
        Once the in-jokes die down I too would like some light on this "Dowt" Devereux mention if anyone can shed some?
        Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
        JayHartley.com

Comment

Author has no idea on anatomy.

Continually describes stomach mutilations.
          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by erobitha View Post

Once the in-jokes die down I too would like some light on this "Dowt" Devereux mention if anyone can shed some?
            I just found a reference to this on JTRFORUMS. AP Wolf made 2 suggestions on Devereux. Apparently a man called Devereux contacted the press to complain about Scotland Yards inefficient handling of the case. He also mentioned Sarah Devereux killed by George Chapman in 1877.

Nothing on Dowt though.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Gentlemen (including Hopalongs and others) - My belated thanks for finding the letter. I would say I was in your debt but I don't want the collectors coming round.
              They sought it with thimbles, they sought it with care; They pursued it with forks and hope;
              They threatened its life with a railway-share; They charmed it with smiles and soap.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post

Eyre Street Hill -- Clerkenwell -- where there is a large colony of Italians who are mostly ice-cream vendors by day, &, not infrequently, stabbers & shootists by night.
                Intriguing little reference to the Sabinis and their associates there. I wonder what this would have been in reference to.

Comment

Working...
                X