Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My apologies, Simon, for misunderstanding you

(and for not speaking French.)

Do you at least agree that -- let's say by accident -- Druitt was hidden by Macnaghten and Griffiths and Sims?

Comment

• Hi Jonathan,

Yes; but only hidden inasmuch as Macnaghten took care to fudge Druitt's personal details and not reveal his name to Griffiths and Sims. They merely peddled the anonymous details they had been given.

Your proposition appears to suggest that Griffiths and Sims might have been party to Druitt's name and thus in the know about Macnaghten's Tory reputation-saving exercise.

Regards,

Simon
      Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
        Hi Jonathan, ... I nevertheless hold your robust views on the subject in high regard.
        Me too.

Without you Jonathan, we'd be dead in the water.

Roy
        Sink the Bismark

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Corduroy View Post
          Me too.

Without you Jonathan, we'd be dead in the water.

Roy
          There are time i wish Jonathan was

Only kidding old bean

Comment

• To Roy

Thanks

To Trevor

Eh, thanks

To Simon

No, that's not quite what I am arguing.

I think it more likely that Griffiths and eventually Sims had sighted the Aberconway version, though were falsely told by Mac that it was a copy of a definitive 'Home Office Report'.

Sims writes in 1903 that the Major has seen the Commissioner's Home Office Report.

Littlechild writes back to Sims that he has never heard of 'Dr D'. I think Sims knew the full name and being discreet.

I also think that by 1907 Sims had seen the Report, as his big article hints at Blackheath and that Druitt's body was fished out of the Thames less than a month after he killed himself [eg. Aberconway says Dec 3rd].

If the minor comic writer -- and fellow member of the Garrick Club -- Richardson knows the name, eg. 'Dr Bluitt', then the much closer cronies must have too.

The name of the middle-aged Blackheath physician meant nothing to them, and Mac was confident they would do no further digging -- which they didn't.

Why would they do further digging? What for? When the Major is warily changing 'family' into 'friends' to avoid a libel suit for his publisher.

Comment

• Hi All,

Never mind the many Aberconway versions. How many versions are there of the official Scotland Yard memorandum?

This is from the PDF on Casebook.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MM Casebook.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	661093

And this is from a CD of "Jack the Ripper Documents" containing photographic images of many of the police reports and the Mitre Square drawings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MM Ripper Docs.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	661094

Spot the difference.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• The only difference I see is the added pagination on the document from the CD. But I'm in a severely exhausted state...and I'm not quite sure I can trust my eyes.
                Best regards,
                Maria

Comment

• Sorry, I'm mostly blind, so you will have to spell it out I'm afraid?

Comment

• Hi Jonathan,

The "Macnaghten Report" is filed at Scotland Yard as MEPO 3/140, ff. 177-83.

Why is the Casebook PDF version minus the folio numbers?

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• That's easy: Someone must have made a copy before Scotland Yard paginated their MEPO files. The pagination looks like it's been added on the document by a typewriter. (I'd say. But my eyes are killing me and I'm about to commit suicide, so that I can FINALLY rest.)
                      Simon Wood wrote:

I thought you said that the casebook PDF version is the first picture, the one WITH the page numbers.
                      One question: Does the CD Jack the Ripper Documents contain pagination on any OTHER documents on it?
                      By the by, I expect SPE to log in any time and say "I detect the sweet smell of conspiracy".
                      Best regards,
                      Maria

Comment

• Originally posted by mariab View Post
                        That's easy: Someone must have made a copy before Scotland Yard paginated their MEPO files. The pagination looks like it's been added on the document by a typewriter. (I'd say. But my eyes are killing me and I'm about to commit suicide, so that I can FINALLY rest.)
                        Simon Wood wrote:

I thought you said that the casebook PDF version is the first picture, the one WITH the page numbers.
                        One question: Does the CD Jack the Ripper Documents contain pagination on any OTHER documents on it?
                        By the by, I expect SPE to log in any time and say "I detect the sweet smell of conspiracy".
                        You detect it I have been tasting it for a very long time

Comment

• By the way, is anyone planning on contacting the A-Z editors to ask for their cooperation in eventually making the entire Aberconway version available here on casebook (especially since the Aberconway family said they wouldn't mind)?
                          Best regards,
                          Maria

Comment

By the way, is anyone planning on contacting the A-Z editors to ask for their cooperation in eventually making the entire Aberconway version available here on casebook (especially since the Aberconway family said they wouldn't mind)?
                            Some of the editors it would seem have gone deaf. Those that havent are still waiting in the queue at Boots the chemist for their film to be developed.

Comment

• I don't know, I might have detected some intense activity of PMing yesterday. Perhaps some of this was related to what we're discussing?
                              Best regards,
                              Maria

Comment

I don't know, I might have detected some intense activity of PMing yesterday. Perhaps some of this was related to what we're discussing?
                                Maria
                                Tha fact is they are all fully aware of the issues which have been discussed and yet none of them choose to come on and clarify the issues that have been raised.

Their silence speaks for itself draw your own conclusions.

That sweet smell you mentioned can you smell it on any other threads on here ?

Comment

Working...
                                X