X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Orsam
    replied
    Originally posted by Observer View Post
    I merely asked what the hell it had to do with the case.
    He's still going!

Merely asking what the hell a thread about an inquiry from July 1888 into corruption in Scotland Yard posted within a Police Officials and Procedures forum has to do with "the case" is itself disrupting the thread because it doesn't have to have anything more to do with "the case" than that, nor had I said it did.

But subsequently I've confirmed it is relevant and there is more to come yet the disruption to the thread has continued with totally irrelevant critical comments about posts made by other people in other threads (i.e. "Detailed accounts of walking speeds, pedantic argument about triangular reference points of sound when considering whether the cry of "oh murder" emanated from Mary Kelly's room.") And the disruption is still continuing!

Leave a comment:

• Observer
    replied
    The thing is Elamarna, it sems double standards are in force here. When certain posters procrastinate, and tantalise, they are shot down in flames. As I said this thread now reaches the half century, and I merely asked what the hell it had to do with the case.

Leave a comment:

• David Orsam
    replied
    Thanks Steve. Agreed. I do want to try and keep this thread on track, on topic, ideally without unnecessary arguments, so I will say no more about the previous posts, although there is so much more I could have said!

Leave a comment:

• Elamarna
    replied
    Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
    Clearly you haven't finished disrupting this thread. If it's boring you - and it seems other threads are boring you too - just go away.
    David

I am sorry to interrupt and I trust you will forgive me.

I find this thread highly interesting, but I guess I would given I spent months writing boring threads myself.

It seems some just want theories as to whom?
    For those souls, I suggest if the threads saying such things do not exist, go start one.

Apologies David

Steve
    Last edited by Elamarna; 04-23-2017, 12:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Observer
    replied
    I'll go away if it suits me, you have no bearing on the matter.

Leave a comment:

• David Orsam
    replied
    Clearly you haven't finished disrupting this thread. If it's boring you - and it seems other threads are boring you too - just go away.

Leave a comment:

• Observer
    replied
    By the way, I hope you don't give me the chance to say "told you so"

Leave a comment:

• Observer
    replied
    Have you quite finished disrupting this thread Observer?

I'll post what I want to at my own pace.
    Yes, quite finished, bore on. Err at your own pace.

Leave a comment:

• David Orsam
    replied
    Have you quite finished disrupting this thread Observer?

I'll post what I want to at my own pace.

Leave a comment:

• Observer
    replied
    Oh, Observer, I do sincerely apologise for starting a thread on this forum which does not reveal who the killer was. I had truly forgotten that this was the criteria for posting.
    Oh come now, enough of the sarcasm, it doesn't become you (not much). The thing is this forum is starting to get a tad boring don't you know. Detailed accounts of walking speeds, pedantic argument about triangular reference points of sound when considering whether the cry of "oh murder" emanated from Mary Kelly's room. Now a thread regarding enquiries into police corruption the content of which have now reached 44 posts without an inkling as to what the hell they have to do with the case. At least give us an inkling as to where you are leading with this, and relieve the very nervous tension you are trying to generate .....not.
    Last edited by Observer; 04-23-2017, 11:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• David Orsam
    replied
    Originally posted by Observer View Post
    Don't get me wrong, hopefully your discovery might shed a small beam of light into the case. However, I want to know who the killer was, and I doubt whether an enquiry into police corruption will achieve this end
    Oh, Observer, I do sincerely apologise for starting a thread on this forum which does not reveal who the killer was. I had truly forgotten that this was the criteria for posting.

Leave a comment:

• Observer
    replied
    Don't get me wrong, hopefully your discovery might shed a small beam of light into the case. However, I want to know who the killer was, and I doubt whether an enquiry into police corruption will achieve this end

Leave a comment:

• David Orsam
    replied
    Thank you for your invaluable contribution to this thread Observer.

Leave a comment:

• Observer
    replied
    The point of this thread is set out very clearly in the OP in which I asked if anyone has any information about the Curtis Bennett inquiry.
    Yes, that much I understand

Whether the result of that inquiry has any connection to the Whitechapel murders remains to be seen but I can tell you for certain that the Curtis Bennett inquiry is 100% relevant to this forum
    I also realise that certain incidents which at first glance might seem irrelevant to the case sometimes, very rarely in fact I might add, prove useful.

and if you are able to contain yourself a little bit longer you actually might learn something about that.
    In this instance, I won't hold my breath. Another red herring I'll warrant.

Leave a comment:

• David Orsam
    replied
    That's the one. Gives the impression that the committee's inquiry is still continuing but it seems that with the resignation of Warren it lost all impetus and, in any event, it never produced a report.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X