Did Anderson Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris,
    Yes,I think Aaron was a serious suspect---although I have serious problems with Anderson"s stated reasoning for this.
    But presented the way you have ,I agree that it may well have been quite sensitive and only a few "knew" he was suspected of being Jack the Ripper.
    But from what we know very few other policemen believed in such a suspect.
    Cheers
    N

Comment

• Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
      For what its worth I did not mean that.I meant that Colney Hatch and Leavesdon were not the places where dangerous lunatics were sent----which Broadmoor was.
      I'm sorry, but I just don't think that's correct.

There were dangerous lunatics at Colney Hatch (as I thought you'd agreed above).

And in fact dangerous lunatics could not be sent to Broadmoor unless there was evidence that they had committed a criminal offence.

But - at the risk of repeating myself - the point is academic, because we know that when Aaron was committed to Colney Hatch he was considered not to be dangerous.

Comment

• Chris -exactly he was considered not to be dangerous.
        Also I am pretty certain that Colney Hatch and Leavesdon catered,"in the long term" for the less violent.
        Best
        N

Comment

Yes,I think Aaron was a serious suspect---although I have serious problems with Anderson"s stated reasoning for this.
          Oh, absolutely. The fact that he argues that right at the start he'd worked out - on the most nonsensical and prejudiced grounds - that the killer was a Polish Jew is sufficient to cast serious doubt on his claims that this theory was vindicated by subsequent events.

As I keep saying, I think it's very unlikely that Aaron had anything to do with the murders.

Comment

Can I ask you,have you ever worked in an institution for the mentally ill?What training do you have to state claims are "unsupported"?
            Well, I'm on this site. There must be some experienced gained in this arena. What I was talking about was the throwing around of 'facts' about Kosminsky that are nothing of the sort. I wasn't referring to you specifically, but to teh same tired arguments that are not facts, but just surmise.

Mike
            huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
              Kosminsky teh

Mike
              Hey, the name is Kosminski, not Kosminsky and the, not teh. Such spelling mistakes are unacceptable

Comment

• Actually the old spelling was Kosminski. The accepted spelling is Kosminsky.

Thanks for checking though.

Mike
                huh?

Comment

• [QUOTE=The Good Michael;86591]Actually the old spelling was Kosminski. The accepted spelling is Kosminsky.

Thanks for checking though.

Mike[/QUOTE

Macnaughten spelled the name Kosminski and Swanson spelled the name Kosminski. So, who decided the name was Kosminsky. Teh is also the accepted spelling of the.

Brad
                  Last edited by celee; 05-20-2009, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• Brad,

It was on the gravestone. I suppose that could be wrong, however.

Mike
                    huh?

Comment

• Here's how the surname appears on Aaron's birth registration:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Kozminski2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	656966

Comment

• Chris,

was that with an 's'?

Mike
                        huh?

Comment

• I’ve got a feeling that the precise spelling of the name might well have altered depending on who wrote it, I don’t think it had the importance that it does today. Do I seem to remember Rob saying it was actually only the place name in Poland/Germany/Russia where the family came from?

Pirate

Comment

• The name is spelled Kozminski in Polish records, and also Kozminski on Aaron's committal order, medical certificate, asylum records etc. However, Swanson and Macnaghten referred to him as Kosminski. His Mile End admission clearly got the name wrong (once it was Kosorimski and the other time Korominski). His grave spelled his name Kozminsky.

So I think the correct spelling was Kozminski.

There was a town about 15 miles southwest of Klodawa called Kozmin... this is probably where the name came from.

Rob H
                            Last edited by robhouse; 05-20-2009, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Thanks Rob and everyone for the research into Aaron Kosminski.

Yet there stands David Cohen, and I think he was Nathan Kasminsky of Black Lion Yard. Cohen/Kasminsky fits the suspect profile much better. Had syphilis, was a violent lunatic, arrested in Dec 88, taken away in restraint, commited and died soon thereafter. He hits so many bullets that Aaron does not.

Somehow this person became, to McNaghten and Swanson - "Kosminski"

Roy
                              Sink the Bismark

Comment

• Well actually Roy, Kaminsky doesn’t fit the profile because he couldn’t have gone mad from Syphilis in the time frame of a few months…it takes several years to go mad from Syphilis. And the fact remains that Cohen came into a tempary seaman’s mission and was probably only in the country for a few days…

As I’ve been trying to point out Aaron actually fits the Schizophrenic profile perfectly, and most modern experts say that his behavior after being admitted is what they would expect. It is the raving maniac myth perpetrated by Martin Fido that has it wrong…NOT Rob.

All the best

Pirate

Comment

Working...
                                X