Home office report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
    I can also say that during the tribunal hearing one police witness even told lies so dont anyone try to say that Anderson and all of the others couldnt or didnt lie clearly by the different suspects they named that clearly show one some or all were lying.

As you quite rightly stated Phil it doesnt matter a a rats a..se whether or how they served their country. Even today politician lie it goes with the job.

Oh please.

You cant tell the difference between being wrong and lying?

Comment

• Originally posted by jason_c View Post
      Oh please.

You cant tell the difference between being wrong and lying?
      I can obvioulsy the band of officers who served out country well in 1888 couldnt

So whom do you say was wrong and who was lying then ?
      Last edited by Trevor Marriott; 06-23-2011, 01:14 PM.

Comment

I can obvioulsy the band of officers who served out country well in 1888 couldnt

So whom do you say was wrong and who was lying then ?

I have no idea who was wrong and who was lying. Neither do you.

We can only speculate at what drove each policeman to their conclusions. Simply being wrong in their beliefs is not enough to conclude they were lying.

If I were to guess I'd say Anderson was overstating the proof against Kosminski and MM was relying on family suspiscions rather than serious police investigations against Druitt. Neither of which are satisfactory in condemning a suspect.

Comment

• Why would Swanson - a career policeman, not a patronage appointment - lie in a private notation in a book that he owned?
          Where is the evidence?

To make the accusation that these men were lying because they supported different suspects is absurd and is an insult to basic common decency. These individuals are no longer here to defend themselves and unless there is proof, there is no justification to make such slanderous claims... especially to propose them as 'fact'. These men still have families to consider; or is that of no concern in this field? This is why some aspects of 'Ripperology' stink to high heaven.
          Best Wishes,
          Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunter View Post
            Why would Swanson - a career policeman, not a patronage appointment - lie in a private notation in a book that he owned?
            Where is the evidence?

To make the accusation that these men were lying because they supported different suspects is absurd and is an insult to basic common decency. These individuals are no longer here to defend themselves and unless there is proof, there is no justification to make such slanderous claims... especially to propose them as 'fact'. These men still have families to consider; or is that of no concern in this field? This is why some aspects of 'Ripperology' stink to high heaven.
            Well the annotations have not come up to close scrutiny for a start.

Everything else about Kosminski hasnt either. The only facts surrounding him which can be relied upon is that he threatened his sister with a knife, and at some point went to a lunatic asylum where he later died.

The rest about him must have been written by The Brothers Grimm

There are no slanderous claims its simple these fine upstanding men either lied or were wrong either way how can anyhting they said or wrote be relied upon.

Its always the same here when someone disputes what has been said or written they always get accused of slander. The truth really hurts some people and it seems you are the one who gets hurt most of all.

Comment

• There was once a discussion regarding Swanson s "Kosminski was the suspect" marginalia,and whether it was a forgery.Did anyone come to a solid conclusion? It always seemed rather convenient to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by glyn View Post
                There was once a discussion regarding Swanson s "Kosminski was the suspect" marginalia,and whether it was a forgery.Did anyone come to a solid conclusion? It always seemed rather convenient to me.
                Thanks Jonathan for message,your explanation makes sense,Im not sure why it causes issues here,but hey ho.
                regards

Comment

Well the annotations have not come up to close scrutiny for a start.

Everything else about Kosminski hasnt either. The only facts surrounding him which can be relied upon is that he threatened his sister with a knife, and at some point went to a lunatic asylum where he later died.

The rest about him must have been written by The Brothers Grimm

There are no slanderous claims its simple these fine upstanding men either lied or were wrong either way how can anyhting they said or wrote be relied upon.

Its always the same here when someone disputes what has been said or written they always get accused of slander. The truth really hurts some people and it seems you are the one who gets hurt most of all.
                  Keep up the good work Trevor,ignore the accusations,you are making valid points.

Comment

Working...
                  X