Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ligature Signature, or How did Jack the Ripper get his ligature knowledge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Wickerman.
    Of the gang garrotings, did they mention a confidence scam involving a prostitute?
    there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

You were correct, Karl. I was wrong. Elizabeth Stride was only 5'2. I kept getting it confused because she was called Lizzie Long Stride. I thought it meant that she was tall.
      I am wrong about tge post mortem too. I now realize that she was called "Long Stride" because of the deformity in her leg. Her post mortem describes a leg bone that is bowed forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
        Hello Wickerman.
        Of the gang garrotings, did they mention a confidence scam involving a prostitute?
        Hello Robert

You mean the one(s) who fainted into men's arms and picked their pockets on the way down? Quite a feat that!

C4

Comment

Possibly, C4. I am still in limbo about the level of profesionalism that was involved. In the attack on Mr. Kerwain in 1892, it was me tioned that the con started with him drinking with a prostitute in Whitechapel, who, in turn, delivered him into the hands of the 3-man gang who murdered and robbed him. He was garroted face to face; the garotter using Mr Kerain's own tie as a ligature. The garotter also throttled him by getting his hands between his shirt and his neck, and crushing his larynx. I am guessing the ligature was also used to stifle any cries for help, in addition to choking him.

Comment

Possibly, C4. I am still in limbo about the level of profesionalism that was involved. In the attack on Mr. Kerwain in 1892, it was me tioned that the con started with him drinking with a prostitute in Whitechapel, who, in turn, delivered him into the hands of the 3-man gang who murdered and robbed him. He was garroted face to face; the garotter using Mr Kerain's own tie as a ligature. The garotter also throttled him by getting his hands between his shirt and his neck, and crushing his larynx. I am guessing the ligature was also used to stifle any cries for help, in addition to choking him.
            Hello Robert

Yes, as I see it, the choking was just to subdue the victim and render her helpless (unconscious) prior to cutting the throat. For that reason no particular skill was needed except in knowing where to place and how to twist the ligature.

Best wishes
            C4

Comment

That C4... and the nerve to execute murder. Having no theory, i am open minded to the aspect of changing my thought when i am wrong. There's just something that doesnt sit right with me about his learning curve. Five (maybe 6) "perfect" executions in the span of three months just doesnt scream "newbie" or "rookie". Its an aspect that motive (broken heart, venereal disease, addiction, zealotry) has failed to answer for me. If Jack the Ripper was a spy (like TM Beech), or a jailer, or special infantry, or a member of a garott gang, i could dismiss my current preoccupation with the depth of his criminal history. Its not only that he strangles them; its that he strangles them in public, and where he strangles them is where they fall (usually). He is very adept at it, and he leaves a relatively clean crime scene.
              Last edited by Robert St Devil; 11-20-2015, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Hello Wickerman.
                Hi Robert.

I looked at every month for 1888, no cases were described as such.

There was one case at Sheffield, in March, where a woman had approached the victim in an attempt to get her hands on the parcel he was carrying, she was sent on her way, then two men came up and garrotted the victim relieving him of his parcel.
                It isn't made clear in the report if the woman was working with the two men.

Then another case at Glasgow, in November, where three persons worked together. One being a woman, and one man was a private in the Second Battalion Black Watch, but their victim in this case was another woman.

So no hint of prostitution in either case.
                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                X