A Psychological Profile of the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark J D View Post

To be totally honest with you, poor Kelly's corpse has a lot about it that looks to me like performance...

M.
    Hi Mark ,care to elaborate just a little ?
    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post

Hi John , yes could be a scenario, but in William Henry Burys case id be putting that down to a Domestic violence ''kill'' of his wife. There are plenty of thing about Bury that dont sit well with me.
      Hi Fishy

I disagree with you obviously but I have to say that you seem to have a serious grasp of things rather than proclaiming the Ripper as such and such a ridiculous suspect.

Cheers John

Comment

Hi Mark ,care to elaborate just a little ?
        Yes please do Mark. I'm intrigued.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

Hi Fishy

I disagree with you obviously but I have to say that you seem to have a serious grasp of things rather than proclaiming the Ripper as such and such a ridiculous suspect.

Cheers John
          Hi John .I hope thats a compliment ?
          'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

Sunny, take a good look at Mary kellys mutilated corpes ask yourself do I think a man who was capable of this sort of barbaric butching could or indeed would stop? . Its my belief the killer either died very shorty after Kelly or was instituionize being adjudged criminally insane for some unrelated event, but " reign in his action" not likely .just my thoughts.
            Experience tells us it's highly unlikely he simply curtailed his murderous activities but not impossible.

I personally don't have a favoured suspect. I think that in the event it could be proven that Thomas Cutbush was indeed obsessed with anatomy, then that would make him a very interesting candidate. Anderson's/Swanson's 'Polish Jew' is clearly a good candidate for obvious reasons.

Beyond that, I don't think there's enough to connect suspects to the crimes. I'd agree that on the balance of probability, he will have been interviewed but I wouldn't discount the murderer not being from the immediate locality. I've never believed this is some criminal mastermind using the back alleys of Whitechapel and surrounding areas to make good his escape, I've always felt he would have needed to do no more than leave the crime scene and walk down the street.

Comment

[QUOTE=GBinOz;n784494]

I have been interested in JtR for nearly 50 years and in that time favourites have come and gone. When I depart this life and approach St Peter at the pearly gates my first question will be "who was JtR?". I anticipate that when he reveals the answer to my question my response will be "Who?".

If there is survival after death, and the opportunity to learn the answers to unsolved mysteries, this would indeed be my first question. My second question would be, "What's all this about Bigfoot?"

Comment

Working...
              X