Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alarm

Hello DLDW. Thanks.

"A thought just occurred to me in regards to "sailor man". What if his red bandana thing was used as a means to subdue Eddowes into position to slit her throat?"

Very well. But when he began removing it for the kill, would Kate have been alarmed?

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

• Putting out the tongue.

Hello David.

"No victim has ever been strangled.
      All we have are signs of suffocation.
      The murderer never meant to kill his victims by strangulation."

Very well. But Polly had a lacerated tongue; Annie, one that protruded.

Interesting signs.

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

• It is generally thought that Polly and Annie were throttled and strangled with the evidence of such as Lynn indicated. Liz Stride and Kate Eddowes are more problematic as no signs of strangulation were given by the medicos involved. Their testimony in both cases show that they were uncertain as to how these two were initially overpowered. The method of garroting was suggested following the Mylett incident and is a popular idea with some today.

My opinion (and its not a conclusive one) is that both Stride and Eddowes were just quickly taken down and their throats cut before they had time to react. Abrasions to Eddowes' face indicate a sudden and violent take down to me with the side of her face literally slammed into the pavement. It would actually be more effective. The initial shock could preclude any noise or defensive action on the victim's part before the killer cuts the throat. That is why I think the throat cuts were different in the two cases as opposed to the previous two. Strangulation requires more time and can give the victim an opportunity to struggle.

If this was the same killer, he had learned to be more effective.
        Best Wishes,
        Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

• Liz and Kate

Hello Cris.

"My opinion (and it's not a conclusive one) is that both Stride and Eddowes were just quickly taken down and their throats cut before they had time to react."

Actually, this is my opinion too.

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

• Lynn,

Do you no longer believe that Eddowes was first cut on the ground?

Comment

• cutting remarks

Hello Damaso. Thanks.

I have no reason but to believe that, as Cris says, she was taken down quickly. Then she was cut.

I think Liz was cut on the way down--perhaps with her neck only 2-3 feet from the ground.

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

• Hullo

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                Hello DLDW. Thanks.

"A thought just occurred to me in regards to "sailor man". What if his red bandana thing was used as a means to subdue Eddowes into position to slit her throat?"

Very well. But when he began removing it for the kill, would Kate have been alarmed?

Cheers.
                LC
                Not if he was behind her. Just an idea.
                Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

• attentive

Hello DLDW. Thanks.

OK. So she paid no attention?

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

• All it takes is a moment. Drop your guard for one and wind up dead. How many succesive feints can most people keep up with? Manipulation. Need not be grandiose. Starting to get out there. Gonna try and hang it up for now as I require slumber. Please continue. This is fun.
                    Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Digalittledeeperwatson View Post
                      All it takes is a moment. Drop your guard for one and wind up dead. How many succesive feints can most people keep up with? Manipulation. Need not be grandiose. Starting to get out there. Gonna try and hang it up for now as I require slumber. Please continue. This is fun.
                      Drop a couple of coins on the ground at her feet as payment, then as she kneels to pick them up loop the handkerchief around her neck and jerk her upright? Possible. Or if you want to get a little more creative, hook the kerchief in her mouth like a gag and haul her upright that way. It can control a person equally well, and doesn't leave ligature marks. Because the instinct is to bite down on the cloth to keep it from ripping through your cheeks, it keeps a person relatively quiet, and probably prevents tell tale injuries to the mouth and face.
                      The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• no sale

Hello Errata.

Well, payment for what? No transaction yet.

If there had been, then the time window narrows even more.

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

• My Ripper Profile

My Ripper Profile:
                          • White male
                          • aged 25 to 40
                          • Unemployed but picking up odd jobs, he has a lot of employment anxieties.
                          • Impoverished but with sporadic money coming in, enough for alcohol, a bite of food or occasionally a bed, has slept on the street many times.
                          • Generally honest but not above stealing food or other small items.
                          • Strong but not unusually so. Healthy but beginning to break down, either to disease or alcoholism.
                          • History of problems with women both socially and sexually
                          • Possible sexual abuse in childhood, either from a parent or older siblings.
                          • Religious confusion - all things are either "good" or "evil", "black" or "white"
                          • All of his problems are exacerbated by a massive alcohol addiction. He's been drinking long and hard enough for cognitive abilities to be affected. Alcoholism which has been causing mood swings and outbursts. May have possibly lost employment due to missing work because of hangovers.
                          • A history of failed relationships and friendships where he is unable to understand what went wrong.
                          • Recently cast out of a situation where he felt "accepted"...i.e. a group of friends, a relationship, family circle, a work group...something happened where he felt he had been unbearably misunderstood.

Has blamed himself for his shortcomings for many years, but is now lashing out at others (literally! )

In short, a guy under a lot of mental stress.

Comment

• Hullo Lynn

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                            Hello Errata.

Well, payment for what? No transaction yet.

If there had been, then the time window narrows even more.

Cheers.
                            LC
                            Payment for what? That could have a very interesting answer indeed. If not for sexual services then what other type? If it was a copycat.
                            Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

• Hullo Brenda

Interesting. As it pertains to failed relationships, he might very much understand what went wrong. Point finger away from thyself. Or at least that might be how he saw it/ chose to see it.
                              Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Digalittledeeperwatson View Post
                                Interesting. As it pertains to failed relationships, he might very much understand what went wrong. Point finger away from thyself. Or at least that might be how he saw it/ chose to see it.
                                DLDW -
                                He was pointing more than fingers by that time! hahahahaa!

Comment

Working...
                                X