What's your profile for Jack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not all peaks are created equal...

My bet is the ripper was wearing a peaked cap that night.
    Hi Abby et al,

I've never got a good visual on the peaked cap. Do you think it more of
    a newsboy that is soft enough to peak with your fingers or a more rigid
    sailor type hat that came to a point?

Don't laugh, this may be the key to the case...

Greg
    Attached Files

Comment

• To Errata : JF could well have the capgras.

To Robert : agreed.

To Greg : more for a yachtman.

Comment

• Originally posted by DVV View Post
        To Greg : more for a yachtman.
        This sort of thing?

Click image for larger version

Name:	sailor cap.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	664977
        I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Errata View Post
          It's not uncommon in serial killers. Serious frontal lobe injuries can result in psychopathology. And there are a lot of delusions that come about from the effects of a head injury. Anyone with a head injury that resulted in a loss of consciousness could have sustained brain damage significant enough to cause delusion or psychopathy, at least on a short term basis.
          Oh, I know that. It's not proveable but an interesting thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by GregBaron View Post
            Hi Abby et al,

I've never got a good visual on the peaked cap. Do you think it more of
            a newsboy that is soft enough to peak with your fingers or a more rigid
            sailor type hat that came to a point?

Don't laugh, this may be the key to the case...

Greg
            I've always been unsure of that image as well, glad you brought it up. Adding a visual to this group. Self portrait by Andre Derain. French artist from the period.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
              This sort of thing?

[ATTACH]15307[/ATTACH]
              Probably. There is a picture of Chapman with one of victims wearing a peaked cap like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
                Oh, I know that. It's not proveable but an interesting thought.
                I'm actually hard pressed to think of something worse than having a condition that causes you to murder people and then getting better. Because people do get better from these things. The brain can make a bridge between two previously severed connections. If I hadn't landed in a looney bin while still ill, getting better would certainly put me there.
                The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• Yes, Colin.
                  That's much better !

All the best

Comment

• What peak?

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
                    I've always been unsure of that image as well, glad you brought it up. Adding a visual to this group. Self portrait by Andre Derain. French artist from the period.

Thanks you all. These images help although personally I wouldn't call any
                    of them a peak.........one man's peak is another man's crown...

Greg

Comment

• Swedish serial rapist Hagamannen is spot on with profile of Jack the ripper. Study the case of Hagamannen and you will find A LOTS of similarties to understanding how JTR worked. Makes sense.

Hagamannen:
                      30-35 years during attacks
                      Working class
                      Attacks passed as not tributed to him until catched
                      Short, broad shoulderd, small height is personal complex
                      Manual Labour(strong), in regular work
                      Blitz attack, strangles first
                      Escalating ferocity
                      Drinks in pubs, then walks all over area of attacks in search of victims
                      Disorganized modus operandi
                      Capable of talking to victims
                      Takes trophys
                      Appears as normal ordinary guy
                      Aware of police, can take breaks from crimes, for shorter and longer times
                      Throw himself into police investigation: no

Look into attacks on prostitutes preceding JTR crimes. Could be years back as in case of Hagamannen with agressiv behaviour but not necessarily strangle first or knife.
                      Last edited by Kuniworth; 06-04-2013, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• all?

Hello KW. Welcome to the boards.

Interesting post. I wonder, though, if any of these characteristics applies to all C5 cases?

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

• What exactly does "organized" and "disorganized" mean in the case of a serial killer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Damaso Marte View Post
                            What exactly does "organized" and "disorganized" mean in the case of a serial killer?
                            Swear to god, depends on who you ask.
                            The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damaso Marte View Post
                              What exactly does "organized" and "disorganized" mean in the case of a serial killer?
                              Broadly speaking, organized means that the killer plans in advance and is more in control of his actions, more like cunning. He might write taunting letters to the police etc. He will be more careful to avoid detection... by wearing gloves to avoid leaving fingerprints, etc. The disorganized killer acts more randomly, more impulsively. He might kill on the spur of the moment, and is more inclined to leave clues behind at the crime scene. Richard Chase is an example of the latter. But the FBI has used these terms less frequently because there are too many examples of "mixed" behavior. Even Bundy, who is the textbook example of the organized killer, exhibited disorganized traits at times.

This does not get into the question of how the two types are different psychologically speaking. A psychotic killer is generally more likely to be disorganized, but again... this is not so clear cut. Insane killers (like Chase even) may have organized behaviors. Napper is another example.

RH

Comment

• Originally posted by robhouse View Post
                                Broadly speaking, organized means that the killer plans in advance and is more in control of his actions, more like cunning. He might write taunting letters to the police etc. He will be more careful to avoid detection... by wearing gloves to avoid leaving fingerprints, etc. The disorganized killer acts more randomly, more impulsively. He might kill on the spur of the moment, and is more inclined to leave clues behind at the crime scene. Richard Chase is an example of the latter. But the FBI has used these terms less frequently because there are too many examples of "mixed" behavior. Even Bundy, who is the textbook example of the organized killer, exhibited disorganized traits at times.

This does not get into the question of how the two types are different psychologically speaking. A psychotic killer is generally more likely to be disorganized, but again... this is not so clear cut. Insane killers (like Chase even) may have organized behaviors. Napper is another example.

RH
                                Bingo. Al$o a di$organized attack i$ more indicative of a younger and/or le$$ experienced killer.

Comment

Working...
                                X