Jack's favourite songs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KatBradshaw View Post
    Has anyone said Psycho Killer by Talking Heads?

What is that?
    TRANSLATION: Qu'est-ce que c'est?

After seeing "It's a Kind of Magic" for D'Onston above, I realised a lot of Queen songs work:

Cutbush - Fat Bottomed Girls

Kosminski - Seaside Rendezvous
    - Flick of the Wrist

Cohen - I'm Going Slightly Mad

Hutchinson - Liar

Dear Boss Author - Don't Stop Me Now

Barnett - Jealousy

Kidney - If You Can't Beat Them

Gull - God Save the Queen

Druitt - Don't Try Suicide

Tumblety - Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy
    - Killer Queen

Astrakhan Man - Another One Bites the Dust
    Steve walks warily down the street with the brim pulled way down low.

Unknown Male - The Invisible Man
    "Damn it, Doc! Why did you have to tear up that letter? If only I had more time... Wait a minute, I got all the time I want! I got a time machine!"

Comment

I know this thread hasn't been touched in five months, but I was just thinking how one very obvious song somehow never got mentioned- Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, "LAST DANCE WITH MARY JANE."

Comment

The Executioner by Ripper;
        Come to me your time is near... You're living your last day... Beg me crawling in your fear... I enjoy it more that way...
        Beg me, beg me, beg me, I am The Executioner...
        Remember now just what you said... You'll never die this way... Your rotting corpse will have no head... When you lie in your grave...
        And so my metal blade does fall... Your blood runs down my thigh... Its when you know youre safe from death... That you will surely die...

Or maybe Night Cruizer also by Ripper;
        When the full moon lights up the night... Thats when my hunger is right... The fog creeps and covers the ground... Your blood chills when you hear the sound...
        A 440 six-pack that screams through the night... A wicked black Cuda of muscle and might... I'm stalking the city, I'm ruling the night... I am The Night Cruizer until morning light...

I pull to the curb, I've spotted my prey... I smile and lick my lips, you'll do as I say... Look deep into my eyes, you feel my fire... You'll fill my need as you spill your desire...

I have the power to make you my slave... Or eat you and beat you and throw you away... But I think I'll bite, you look good to me... Once I have done so, you'll never be free...

Time to shift your gears into overdrive... My never ending thirst is unsatisfied... Hammering, pile-driving your stake into me... Feeding the fire and burning the meat...

Dawn is approaching, I cant hang around... Cold, blue and lifeless is how you'll be found... I fade into black, I return to the ground... New victims await me tonight at sundown...
        'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'

Comment

What? No "Ripper" by Judas Priest? "Jack the Ripper" by Motorhead?
          Last edited by Khanada; 05-31-2009, 03:59 PM.
          ~ Khanada

I laugh in the face of danger. Then I run and hide until it goes away.

Comment

Has anyone thought of Cutbush city limits by tina turner yet . lol

Comment

"Hand Me Down that Can of Kidney Beans" by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.
              "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Cutbush, Kidney, oh I see where you're going with it.

Then we have a Festus Festivus (click for song)

Roy
                Sink the Bismark

Comment

This is for real. Those of you who have seen the film Spinal Tap will know this. Spinal Tap did a theme song on Jack the Ripper.
                  From memory, it went something like this:
                  ' Your a naughty one, saucy Jack'
                  ' Your a haughty one, saucy Jack'
                  True storey!

thanks, Q.

Comment

Hi,
                    I am surprised no one had mentioned the obvious.
                    'Anyone that had a heart' [ Cilla black] i quess people have forgotten she was once a singer.
                    Richard.

Comment

The 7 dwarfs theme song from snow white.

Whistling and singing "Hi Ho... Hi Ho... its off to work I go, with razor blades its blood I crave, Hi Ho Hi Ho HI HO".
                      'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'

Comment

Originally posted by quasar View Post
                        This is for real. Those of you who have seen the film Spinal Tap will know this. Spinal Tap did a theme song on Jack the Ripper.
                        From memory, it went something like this:
                        ' Your a naughty one, saucy Jack'
                        ' Your a haughty one, saucy Jack'
                        True storey!
                        Towards the end of the movie, at a tiny, poorly-attended party the band are holding, Harry Shearer's character and Michael McKean's character are having a conversation about what they want to do in the future. One of the things they mention is some old, back-burnered plan that one or both of them had to do a rock musical based on the life of Jack the Ripper. In that conversation, Michael McKean's character (David St Hubbins) sings the above lines. At least in terms of the original film and the accompanying album, it was never a whole song -- just those two lines.

(I have totally seen Spinal Tap way too many times... and yet even I can't believe I missed mentioning that scene here.)
                        ~ Khanada

I laugh in the face of danger. Then I run and hide until it goes away.

Comment

The Grinch Original Author: Dr. Seuss
                          (with a little modification)
                          You're a mean one, Mr. Jack. You really are a heel. You're as cuddly as a cactus, You're as charming as an eel. Mr. Jack.
                          You're a bad banana, With a greasy black peel.
                          You're a monster, Mr. Jack. Your heart's an empty hole. Your brain is full of spiders, You've got garlic in your soul. Mr. Jack.
                          I wouldn't touch you, with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole.
                          You're a vile one, Mr. Jack. You have termites in your smile. You have all the tender sweetness Of a seasick crocodile. Mr. Jack.
                          Given the choice between the two of you I'd take the seasick crockodile.
                          You're a foul one, Mr. Jack. You're a nasty, wasty skunk. Your heart is full of unwashed socks
                          Your soul is full of gunk. Mr. Jack.
                          The three words that best describe you, are, and I quote: "Stink. Stank. Stunk."
                          You're a rotter, Mr. Jack. You're the king of sinful sots. Your heart's a dead tomato splot With moldy purple spots, Mr. Jack.
                          Your soul is an apalling dump heap overflowing with the most disgraceful assortment of deplorable rubbish imaginable, Mangled up in tangled up knots.
                          You nauseate me, Mr. Jack. With a nauseaus super-naus. You're a crooked jerky jockey And you drive a crooked horse. Mr. Jack.
                          You're a three decker saurkraut and toadstool sandwich With arsenic sauce.

Comment

Anyone think that Ozzy Osborne's "No More Tears" or AC/DC's "Hell's Bells"- which are both about murderers- sound like they could have been written about Jack the Ripper?

Ozzy-
                            "The man in the dark will bring another attack."
                            "Your Mama told you that you're not supposed to talk to strangers."
                            "Another day passes as the night closes in- The red light goes on to say its time to begin."

AC/DC-
                            "You're only young but you're gonna die"
                            "I won't take no prisoners, won't spare no lives- Nobody's putting up a fight- I got my bell I'm gonna take you to hell"
                            "If you're into evil you're a friend of mine... If good's on the left then I'm stickin' to the right."

Nothing in there that doesn't sound like him.

Comment

I think the victim's favourite songs would be:

Polly: The Weeping Song (Nick Cave)
                              Dark Annie: The Wild Rose (Nick Cave)
                              Long Liz: Cry Baby (Janis Joplin)
                              Kate: Vespers (Jim Croce)
                              Ginger: Child Of Midnight (Jim Croce) or A Violet from Mother's Grave

Comment

Originally posted by Mads View Post
                                I think the victim's favourite songs would be:

Polly: The Weeping Song (Nick Cave)
                                Dark Annie: The Wild Rose (Nick Cave)
                                Long Liz: Cry Baby (Janis Joplin)
                                Kate: Vespers (Jim Croce)
                                Ginger: Child Of Midnight (Jim Croce) or A Violet from Mother's Grave
                                and Jack's favourites would be:
                                Red Right Hand (Nick Cave)
                                Henry Lee (Nick Cave)
                                All You Need Is Blood (a murderer's version of All You Need Is Love)

Comment

Working...
                                X