Motivation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Baron View Post

Druitt met his brother, confessed to him that he was the ripper, and that he couldn't help himself but continue butchering the women on the streets of Whitechapel, his brother thought how to keep the name of the family out of this mess, and chose to get rid of him.
    You can always choose your friends, but you can't choose family.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

Him being described as sexually insane at the time.
      Didn't we have another one of those long..long...debates on that very terminology? That we demonstrated it did not mean homosexual in the 19th century.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

I believe it is common knowledge that Druitt and Tumblety for that matter were likely to have been gay.
        Tumblety maybe, there was some circumstantial evidence there, but not for Druitt.
        Some have preferred to label Druitt as 'gay' in order to eliminate him as a suspect.
        It's akin to a 'straw-man' argument, fit him up as something he isn't, then use it to knock him down.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by erobitha View Post

At least 4 of the prostitures were beliveved to have suffered from syphillis.
          Believed, by whom?
          I'm not contesting it, I just don't recall it being mentioned at the time.
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

If he was not the killer, then he might have.
            If he was the killer, then no, I don't think he did.
            Where is the evidence Druitt didn't commit suicide and if he didn't commit suicide who killed him?

Comment

Didn't we have another one of those long..long...debates on that very terminology? That we demonstrated it did not mean homosexual in the 19th century.
              I must have missed that debate.

Comment

If he was not the killer, then he might have.
                If he was the killer, then no, I don't think he did.
                interesting wick. care to expound?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post

You've made this point before, John.

Serial killers have been known to have cooling-off periods after bursts of activity. Some killers have gone years between murders.

That's without taking into account factors such as incarceration or sickness.
                  Sure, if you presume we have a verified "series" of murders. We dont have that, by the way...but I think your correct about serial killers based on modern data. They can lurk in the shadows for long periods. I also think that 2 murders is barely enough to warrant a "series" designation, and to my eye only 2 murders within the Canonical Group can be logically and reasonable assigned to the same single killer. They happened 10 days apart. That guy didnt wait until the following year to kill again, and I dont see any solid evidence he killed Liz or Mary either. So....he either stops and stays, leaves, he dies or is caught. Most likely before Sept 30th.

This was a blitzkrieg 2 weeks in length, in my opinion. The rest is just presumption, mythology, speculation, and rhetoric.
                  Michael Richards

Comment

Correction..it was a blitzkrieg bop 2 weeks in length.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

interesting wick. care to expound?
                      I don't buy the 'remorse' angle, not for a serial killer.
                      I'm not saying it's not possible, I just don't buy it.

Neither do I buy the theory that Druitt might have been so worried he was going insane like his mother - so, killed himself, no.

I do think Howells & Skinner were heading down the right track, someone might have found out it was Druitt and dealt with it the only way they could, to save reputations & the family name.

All that said, I think you know I favor the Britannia-man as the killer. Not that he couldn't be Druitt, but the man was described as having an awkward gait, and 'funny' eyes.
                      I can't see an accomplished cricketer having an awkward gait.
                      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Neither do I buy the theory that Druitt might have been so worried he was going insane like his mother - so, killed himself, no.

I do think Howells & Skinner were heading down the right track, someone might have found out it was Druitt and dealt with it the only way they could, to save reputations & the family name.

All that said, I think you know I favor the Britannia-man as the killer. Not that he couldn't be Druitt, but the man was described as having an awkward gait, and 'funny' eyes.
                        lol. i could. many athletes have an awkwerd gait aka as a limp! and btw many depressed people commit suicde. druitt wasnt the ripper wick. not physically impossible but highly unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

lol. i could. many athletes have an awkwerd gait aka as a limp! and btw many depressed people commit suicde. druitt wasnt the ripper wick. not physically impossible but highly unlikely.
                          There never will be a consensus on a suspect Abby, I'm fine with that.
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Didn't the suspect Wentworth Bellsmith have an awkward gait?

Comment

Just like to toss this one in here see what you guys make of it. Simple questions; Why would Crawford want Lawende's description never to be revealed? Why instead,was the false description leaked to the Press and copied in the Police Gazette? How can it help to catch JtR by keeping what he looked like secret? If Lawende had said; 5'9" dark hair, big nose, and bowler. How could publishing that hinder the police? My theory is it wasn't what he looked like that was kept secret, it was something that identified him as a Free Mason. Like a watch charm showing the compass? Any thoughts?

Comment

One trouser leg up to the knee?
                                Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Working...
                                X