Patterns formed by murder locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ RivkahChaya

Spelling your point out makes sense now. No, simply giving profiles is not the job, it involves more than we would want to get into, I imagine.

I was thinking of the extras on the first season DVD set, in which the consultant speaks of how heavy the turnover is on the actual BAU, because of the stress of the job. John Douglas, for example, speaks of interviewing at least a hundred serial killers trying to get down points that could be used in forming profiles that might catch future killers.

Friedrich Nietzsche: If you stare into the Abyss long enough the Abyss stares back at you.

All I can say is I'm glad I don't have that job!

God Bless

RD
    And the questions always linger, no real answer in sight

Comment

Originally posted by RavenDarkendale View Post
      @ RivkahChaya

Spelling your point out makes sense now. No, simply giving profiles is not the job, it involves more than we would want to get into, I imagine.
      Well, and like I said, it's from the FBI's website.

But, the TV shows make it look pretty easy.

"He's a white male, 25-40, unemployed, or underemployed...." They give practically the same profile for every serial killer, and the "white" changes only when all the victims are black. The rest is a rehashing of the circumstances. If it were really that easy, there wouldn't be a BAU.

Comment

oracular

Hello Rivkah. But does this not sound just a bit oracular? The age range, alone, grabs a large segment of the population. How many are NOT in that range?

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
          Hello Rivkah. But does this not sound just a bit oracular? The age range, alone, grabs a large segment of the population. How many are NOT in that range?

Cheers.
          LC
          That's my point.

Comment

Proponents of five victims mention a pentagram, an M, the Ichthys symbol, etc.

I don't think the pentagram became associated with Satanism until the 20th century.

Regards, Bridewell.
            I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
              Hello Rivkah. But does this not sound just a bit oracular?
              Oh, and have you ever noticed how psychics always say bodies will be near water-- not in it, but near it? And they're always getting either the letter J, or L, or maybe M.

I always wanted to go to a psychic, and see if they could get info on a friend of mine who was Israeli, you know, if they'd get a "mem," or a "yudh," even though they didn't know the Hebrew alphabet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                http://symboldictionary.net/?p=378

I don't think the pentagram became associated with Satanism until the 20th century.

Regards, Bridewell.
                Was there even "Satanism" per se, until the 20th century?

Comment

I have connected the dots marking the murder scenes in the following order

Buck's Row
                  29 Hanbury St
                  Miller's Courts
                  Goulston St
                  George Yard Buildings
                  Mitre Square
                  Dutfieds Yard
                  And back to Buck's Row

It forms an IRREGULAR HEPTAGON

any thoughts on that

Regards
                  Sherlock

Comment

WHY those 7? Why in that order?

Why Martha?

Why not Pinchen St

Within what timescale would a figure have to be created - does the delay rule out Millers Court?

McKenzie - Castle Alley?

Not sure whether you are being humourous or not, SH. The points are for others, if not for you?

Phil H

Comment

I'm not sure Phil my guess as to why those 7 would be easy access. As for why Martha there is no evidence supporting the claim that Martha was actually a victim of "the ripper".

Where in London is Pinchen st?

The timescale? Does that really matter?. No as far as I know a delay would not rule out those spots

i'm ENTIRELY SERIOUS by the way.

Kindest regards
                      Sherlock

Comment

Bucks Row and the Wilson case suggest a killer that could have connections with both Whitechapel and Bethnal Green.
                        Too bad there is no serious suspect from BG,

Comment

Entirely serious Sherlock

Pinchen St is south of Berner St, beside a set of railway arches.

Timescales strike me as important because, if you:

A) are doing magic and seek to creata shape, I suspect that time is of the essence; or

B) if you are simply seeking to make a mark you need something to draw attention to those particular murders. Time would be one possibility as a connector - all women killed with X days/weeks.

By the way - you chose the 7 sites - I was asking the question why those 7, of you.

Phil H

Comment

I assume it had to be seven

Comment

The number may not be arbitrary, but the choice of murders is.

Phil H

Comment

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
                                It forms an IRREGULAR HEPTAGON

any thoughts on that

Regards
                                Sherlock
                                The question here is, what significance do you attach to this shape?
                                And the questions always linger, no real answer in sight

Comment

Working...
                                X