Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How realistic was it for JTR to disguise himself as a PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Study when the phone scans down the passage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leanne View Post
      For that Ripper Walk video, did they use old bricks when they built the new wall?
      No, because it's the old wall in Parliament Court (see above), or somewhere very similar to it. It's not the old Dorset Street or Miller's Court. It's not even White's Row.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post

No, because it's the old wall in Parliament Court (see above), or somewhere very similar to it. It's not the old Dorset Street or Miller's Court. It's not even White's Row.
        Why were they doing Ripper Walks there?

Comment

Or maybe it's this building?

Comment

Or maybe it's this building?
            It isn't. That's the site of the former Dorset Street, rebuilt over at least twice since 1928. As I've told you umpteen times, the video was NOT filmed there.

Where the video was taken has old brickwork, and is a narrow alley... like Parliament Court, as I've already suggested.
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

It looks very much like a narrow thoroughfare called Parliament Court, just off Artillery Passage (Google Maps are your friend). Here's a photo I took there in 2009:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Parliament Court.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	708423

It's struck me as a little reminiscent of what Miller's Court might have looked like - except that it's an alleyway, rather than a dead-end courtyard.
              That really is interesting Sam, and I would think potentially claustrophobic to some folks. To have only 1 way out, like the Room 13 killer did, could have been daunting to someone less ballsy. Or daring. Or nuts, I suppose.
              Michael Richards

Comment

It isn't. That's the site of the former Dorset Street, rebuilt over at least twice since 1928. As I've told you umpteen times, the video was NOT filmed there.

Where the video was taken has old brickwork, and is a narrow alley... like Parliament Court, as I've already suggested.
                I posted the video on a London Walks site, asking if anyone knew where it was filmed. They just said that it wasn't one of their walks so they don't know and deleted the video. I am having trouble trying to post it back on.
                London's expert led Jack the Ripper Tour. Aldgate East Underground Station Exit 1 - Whitechapel High Street, E1 8FA London, UK

(scroll down to 'Do you think they should have preserved...…..'). NOW I A BUSTING TO KNOW!

Comment

• Hi Leanne.
                  Lovely to see you back with us, I am still here , seeking in desperation,, have your book in my bookcase, it was a great achievement to have it finally printed,

Comment

• G'day Rich,
                    I was so full of Jack the Ripper I needed a break. I've been searching the Internet for Photographs of Dorset Street. There are so many old slum photographs, I find it hard to believe that so few are Dorset Street and Millers Court.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	23bd42326c85209a737b1b1efe80a3fa--old-london-east-london.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	709930
                      If that is Christchurch in Spitalfields, then according to maps I can't see any reason to believe this isn't Dorset Street.

Comment

• This is Christchurch Spitalfields, not quite the same.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• You've got the wrong view of Christchurch. If that is Dorset Street, the building on the corner should be The Britannia public house.
                          Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Comment

Fournier Street, I think.

You won't find any colour photographs of Dorset Street and Miller's Court, or any kind of photo taken after the 1920s for that matter.
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Dorset Street in 1960. In 1905 it's name was changed to Duval Street.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dorset street 1960.JPG
Views:	256
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	710019
                                Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Working...
                                X