Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His life?

Originally posted by DVV View Post
    At the end of the day, the most likely reason why he stopped is that he didn't feel like carrying on.

Hi D, he didn't feel like carrying on with what? His life or his crimes?

Comment

Crrrrriiiiimmmmzzzzzz, my dear RedB.
      But it may have saddened his life also, poor guy.

Comment

cccrrrrriiiiimmmmmzzzzz

I would bet though, that somewhere down the road he killed again. Not with the same m.o. but just to get that same feeling. That is of course if he wasnt dead or locked up somewhere for the rest of his life.

Comment

The only possible case is McKenzie (imo he has been locked in 92).

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
            The only possible case is McKenzie (imo he has been locked in 92).
            I know what you mean, that case fits perfectly

Comment

Thanks for that, my dear.

Comment

It is not unusual for serial killers to take a break, or just stop. Dennis Rader, the BTK Killer, could go years between murders, and was caught when he was gearing up for a new murder, after a 13 year break. The Zodiac Killers only confirmed murders happened over 10 months, from 1968-1969, after that, just a few letters and a couple of suspected murders over the next couple of years.

The Ripper was the most wanted man in the West End. It might have been a good idea to lay low for a while. As to why he never got back to murdering, who knows. Perhaps he did, but not in a way we have recognised. The Zodiac claimed 37 victims, instead of the 5 "cannonical" the police are certain of, so he might have been active a lot longer than recognised. Likewise, perhaps the Ripper just changed to something else. We may never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord-z View Post
                  .... We may never know.
                  Ahem, we will never know.
                  Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                    Ahem, we will never know.
                    Pessimist.

Comment

rum job

Hello Jon. If I believed that I'd give it up as a rum job.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

Hello all, can't believe I never gave my two cents' worth back when this thread began ten months ago. Why do I think Jack stopped? I don't think he did. I think he would have had to lay low for a while after Mary Kelly and live off the high of that event until he felt safe again, but I do believe he went on in a toned down manner, like a rock band that peaks early with a giant hit but continues to record and to tour and still has credibility but never quite matches the greatness of that one grand song. (Sorry if that sounds like I'm giving JTR any kind of praise. I'm not- he was a worthless pile of despicable filth.)

Of my three favorite suspects, number three is William Bury. If it was him, he killed at least once more (his wife), then met his own end by hanging. Number two is James Kelly, and he is a complete wild card, suspected of continuing his vendetta against prostitutes even in America. I like to consider Alice McKenzie and Frances Coles as possible Ripper victims though, and Kelly doesn't fit for Coles because he was definitely not in England at that time. So many questions.

But my number one suspect is the notorious "unnamed local Eastender," someone who truly escaped justice even as a suspect. I happened to see something on tv just tonight about a certain gunslinger and outlaw of the American west (the name escapes me now) who it was said killed over 40 men in his life, the first when he was only 15 years old, and claimed that every one of them deserved it but one of them was a man he shot only because he was snoring. What if the Ripper was someone like this, a wild and untamed spirit with a hatred of whores for whatever reason, self-taught in the use of the knife on the human body through whatever source, who simply slipped through the cracks as a suspect because he was a complete nobody? Such a man could have begun his violent campaign against the unfortunates well before the name Jack the Ripper was ever heard and finished it long after, probably eventually succumbing to some typical dismal East End fate himself.

I just can't help but think- if James Thomas Sadler was found by the court to have been incapable of having killed Frances Coles, then who else that she just blunders into by chance in Swallow Gardens is going to cut her throat for no other reason than to kill her? No robbery, no rape, just the snuffing of a life. The mysterious and anonymous stranger still haunting the East End.
                        Last edited by kensei; 02-19-2012, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                          Hello Jon. If I believed that I'd give it up as a rum job.

Cheers.
                          LC
                          Huh!
                          You mean you're not here for the entertainment?

I firmly believe that, firmly.

I admire your position though, in proposing & standing by your argument in not ascribing them all to the same hand.
                          I do see sufficient cause to believe that, and it was seriously considered in the media at the time, suggested as a "growing trend" in the way to dispatch that annoying "woman".

Not having a suspect, nor a theory, I can appreciate different aspects of peoples arguments. It's how to stitch them all together thats the problem.

If it was one killer, I'm not sure what "Jack" could do to upstage the Kelly murder, being also an attention grabber on the day of the Lord Mayor's show.

Quote:
                          He may have wrote the press and tried to brag about his crimes,
                          with clues and jokes and challenges and funny little rhymes.
                          The games are done, the Rippers won, he never came no more,
                          and who he was and where he’s gone, we never knew for sure.

Maybe he took Warren's resignation as an admission of defeat?
                          Last edited by Wickerman; 02-19-2012, 06:26 PM.
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by kensei View Post
                            I happened to see something on tv just tonight about a certain gunslinger and outlaw of the American west (the name escapes me now) who it was said killed over 40 men in his life, the first when he was only 15 years old, and claimed that every one of them deserved it but one of them was a man he shot only because he was snoring.
                            That would have been John Wesley Hardin. He ended up being shot in the back of the head in a saloon. No one wanted to face him and try that.
                            Best Wishes,
                            Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                              ..... and it was seriously considered in the media at the time, suggested as a "growing trend" in the way to dispatch that annoying "woman".

"A brutal man getting into a furious quarrel with a woman in some wretched slum of the East end might have been content a few months ago with kicking her to death, or cutting her throat. Now, however, when such a man has quarrelled with a woman and killed her, it is quite possible that he will not be satisfied until he has followed the new Whitechapel mode, and gashed and disembowelled her. Therefore it is not to be hastily assumed that all the murders were done by the one hand, or that the last murder was the work of the same criminal as any of the former. What we are fairly warranted in believing is that it is a crime which comes of the same impulse; which would not have been committed in such a way of the preceding crimes had not given it inspiration. The natural inclination of everybody would be to hope that the murders and the mutilations are the work of some solitary wretch with a positive mania for women's blood. It would be better that such were the explanation than to have to believe that one murderer hacked a woman to pieces, and that several other murderers followed and improved upon his example."
                              Daily News, 10 Nov.

Regards, Jon S.
                              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

thanks

Hello Jon. Thank you for those kind words about my theory.

Actually, sometimes there is a good bit of entertainment hereabouts.

Completely agree with your Kelly remark. I don't mean to sound perverse, but "What to do for an encore?"

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X