Why do you think Jack stopped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richard E. Nixon View Post
    ... I think it's also possible that The Ripper stopped because it was getting too hot. ...
    It has been widely and incorrectly believed that once serial killers start killing, they cannot stop. The police interviewed Joseph Barnett for several hours after the Mary Kelly's murder. Then it all stopped. The heat had come too close for comfort.

Comment

Originally posted by bolo View Post
      Got caught and/or died.
      I think he joined a 12 step program-RA

Comment

Why he stopped.

Hi everyone, I think he stopped because -

(1) Mission accomplished.

(2) He or they, thought the police were on them.

(3) Incarceration.

The Pinchin Street torso, to me has all the signiture of Jack the Ripper, this mutilation was commited a year after MJK',s mutilation, so did he or they really stop!! All the best, Agur.

niko

Comment

Maybe he lost his knife ?
          http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Life in the East End was nasty, brutish, and short. So I find it quite plausible that JTR could have met his demise shortly after the Kelly murder in any number of ways. Instead of a random act of violence or illness, however, I like to think that he was purposefully "whacked" by crime elements within the city; that is, street justice prevailed.

Comment

verification

Hello Barnaby. In which case it would seem relatively easy to verify. I suppose one could start with lists of those who died within a month, say, of MJK (possibly 2 months) and check for profile, abnormal behaviour, etc. Old papers could be used.

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                Hello Barnaby. In which case it would seem relatively easy to verify. I suppose one could start with lists of those who died within a month, say, of MJK (possibly 2 months) and check for profile, abnormal behaviour, etc. Old papers could be used.

Cheers.
                LC
                Interesting ideas, Barnaby and Lynn. Very time consuming I would think. How many papers would have to be checked, Lynn?

Comment

I've no idea why he stopped. Maybe he just got fed up with the stink of faeces and urine. Who knows?

Comment

idea

Hello Velma. Well, first one would need to go through free BMD for deaths. Then, I presume "Lloyd's" could be checked to see who was up at the police stations etc.

I have all the "Lloyd's" from 1888. Would just take patience.

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

Why he stopped

There could be many different reasons for why he may have stopped but what I have always thought was that, he thought, for what ever reason, that the police were getting too close to him. It was the biggest operation in Scotland Yards history at that time with the sole intent of bringing the perpetrator to justice. I think, with the massive man-hunt taking place, that it is highly likely that he was stopped and questioned about where he was or about what he was doing at the time of the murders. Or maybe the Yard had searched his house or place of residence and for whatever reason, never put two and two together and linked him to the crimes. But, after the search or the interview with police he was so worried that he had messed up on something and the police were very close to catching him that he never commited the same crime (at least in the same mannor) ever again. I think his fear of the gallows had over taken his lust or his need for murder and that is why he quit.

Comment

Why he stopped

Why did Kemper call the police after he killed Mummy ?
                        Not that I believe Jack was Kelly's son, aaargh...

Comment

"Serial killers never stop."

I'm wondering if there is a clear distinction between 'serial killer' and 'not serial killer'. I mean: Serial killers on one side, 'normal' people on the other, and absolutely NOTHING in the large gap between?

Could there be a smooth transition between the one and the other?

Maybe there are people who do not have an irresistible urge to kill, but only a tendency to do so - and can resist it - or not ...

Maybe someone, who had been quite 'normal' for most of his life, drifts into a state of mind that makes him kill, and after a while drifts back out again.

Maybe 'Jack' fell in love, and that made him stop?

Comment

The idea that serial killers never stop is another outdated notion from the early days of profiling. Most serial killers stop on their own.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Serial Killers Stoping their Work

Yes it is true that serial killers will just stop on their own but usually there is something major or drastic that happens prior to them quiting. Maybe the police had got too close or something went wrong on their last victim or maybe something just changed at home. But whatever the reason, there is usually something. And then the killer will stop for a period, maybe even for ever. But he/she might decide to start up again only this time using a different MO. Im not saying that it is a for sure that they would change it i'm just saying that a smart killer might decide to do that. That of coarse would only happen if the killers main objective was to kill. Not if the main goal was for notoriety and seeing their name in the news. If that was the case then the killer would most likely continue the same way he has started.
                              I don't believe that that was the case for the Ripper, I believe his main goal was the mutilation and murder of his victim. Otherwise, in my opinion if his goal was fame, I believe he would have continued to murder in the same manner as before.
                              So in other words I think something major had happened to the Ripper following Kelly's murder that made him take a break from 'his work'. And I do believe that if he didn't die of course, that he would have started up again in his future. Only this time changing his m.o. because for whatever reason, someone was close to catching him after MJK. And if people believed the Ripper was dead or in exile and wasn't commiting anymore crimes, then the person who was hot on his trail before wouldn't suspect he was back to work again.
                              If anyone follows all that? (I'm not sure I even do hahah)

Comment

Originally posted by Rubyretro View Post
                                Maybe he lost his knife ?
                                Nice one Ruby, he could of well lost his knife,lol, remember the saying "finders keepers losers weepers", all the best, agur.

niko

Comment

Working...
                                X