Time-gap between Eddowes murder and Goulston Graffito

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    The possibility that Long could have missed the apron the first time around is entirely relevant to the topic of this thread, Caz.
    I really don't see how, Gareth. That's going right off at a tangent which doesn't allow for addressing the original question at all.

Read the original post again. The poster's question is wholly based on the opposite presumption - that the apron wasn't there to be missed when Long passed the spot at 2.20.

If you wanted to debate the likelihood that the apron was there at 2.20 and Long therefore did miss it, you could have started your own thread: "Was the apron there by 2.20?" Or "Was Long mistaken?"

In fact, here is your very first post to this thread:

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    Long was a policeman, not a litter-warden. It's hardly surprising he didn't note its presence on his first march-past - he simply wasn't primed to be on the lookout for discarded scraps of cloth.
    See how you presumed the presence of the apron, when the original poster only started the thread to discuss the implications if it was absent?

How hard can this be? Seriously?

Love,

Caz
    X
    Last edited by caz; 06-25-2014, 04:48 AM.
    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Originally posted by DRoy View Post
      The irony.
      What? I mean - what?

Did you even bother to read the original question posed at the start of the thread?

Okay, I'll play along.
      Well yes, that's the general idea of sticking to topic. It'll make a nice change on this thread.

If we take Long at his word then in my opinion the killer had a place to hide out and get cleaned up before going back out again and dropping the piece of apron in a spot he could have done earlier but chose not to. He probably knew Long was close by at 2:20 and would spot the apron earlier than he wanted it found (because of Long's keen eye) so better to drop it before 2:55.

Just my opinion if taking Long at his word.
      And 'just your opinion' if taking Long at his word is precisely what is called for on this thread. Thank you!

Wonder how long this can last?

Love,

Caz
      X

Comment

Playing along, too. The killer could have been hiding nervously in the shadows of the WMD doorway (or up the stairs) the first time Long passed, dropping the apron on his way out when the coast was clear.
        Brilliant Sam. Playing along is what the doctor ordered.

Love,

Caz
        X

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunter View Post
          Ain't it nice kids, when the right toys are thrown out to play with... LOL.
          Anyone can start a thread with the toys of their choice, Cris.

If we don't like the available toys we can simply take our own to a different nursery.

Love,

Caz
          X

Comment

• Originally posted by Lechmere View Post
            I think that was Caz applying for the job of board monitor.
            It seemed nobody else was interested in the position, Lech.

Love,

Caz
            X

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
              It seemed nobody else was interested in the position, Lech.

Love,

Caz
              X
              Waaaait a second...!

Nah, just kiddin', Caz!

Fisherman

Comment

Anyone can start a thread with the toys of their choice, Cris.

If we don't like the available toys we can simply take our own to a different nursery.
                I agree.

XXX
                Best Wishes,
                Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

How hard can this be? Seriously?
                  Hi Caz,

If you're trying to get a ripperologist to deal with text information literally, then personally I don't think you've got much of a chance, but best of luck with it.

By the way, I think the killer headed out of the area - then headed back in to dump the apron. (he's very cunning like that)

Comment

• For anyone to insert a theory that Long missed seeing the apron despite his clear and unequivocal answer to a direct question as to whether he saw anything there at that time, then the weight is on those individuals to provide some corroborative evidence about Longs inability to see clearly...about Longs record which shows he either answered formal panel questions falsely or claimed knowledge he did not have, or that he was delinquent in his duties.

Ill start carving the giant oak tree right outside into a toothpick while I wait for that proof.

He said "it was not there". Unless proven to be a liar or a lousy cop, that should be enough.

Cheers

Comment

In fact, here is your very first post to this thread:

[...]

See how you presumed the presence of the apron, when the original poster only started the thread to discuss the implications if it was absent?
                      Fair enough, Caz, but my post was only in response to others that had already raised the "Long made/didn't make/couldn't [because he was a policeman] have made a mistake" topic.
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Lucky View Post
                        If you're trying to get a ripperologist to deal with text information literally, then personally I don't think you've got much of a chance...
                        ...followed by "I think the killer headed out of the area - then headed back in to dump the apron. (he's very cunning like that)". Oh the irony!
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Fair enough, Caz, but my post was only in response to others that had already raised the "Long made/didn't make/couldn't [because he was a policeman] have made a mistake" topic.
                          Two wrongs, Gareth...

Love,

Caz
                          X

Comment

Two wrongs, Gareth...

Love,

Caz
                            X
                            Hello Caz,

I think you meant two Longs don't make a right.

c.d.

Comment

Two wrongs, Gareth
                              Suitably chastised... I mean, chastened
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

...followed by "I think the killer headed out of the area - then headed back in to dump the apron. (he's very cunning like that)". Oh the irony!
                                It doesn't matter how many people you throw your toys at, the apron wasn't there at 2.20. the man who found it said it wasn't and there is absolutely no reason not to believe him.
                                Last edited by Mr Lucky; 06-28-2014, 01:52 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

Working...
                                X