piece of apron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
    On the contrary, the stained cloth you posted is precisely what we should expect to see.

The only blood associated with a kidney is what surrounds it when you remove it, and due to the fatty membrane blood does not stay on the kidney.

Test what happens to blood when you drip it on to fat Trevor.
    As promised I have posted a pic of a kidney which was removed from a deceased person and like the uterus wrapped in a piece of cloth, left for a time unraveled and then photographed.

Now the difference with this kidney and one purportedly taken from Eddowes is that this kidney does not contain nor are there any traces of oxygenated blood.

A kidney removed at the crime scene and thus wrapped would be blood red.

Now take a look at the results as shown in the photo even despite the lack of oxygenated blood the cloth is heavily blood stained.

Now if you add the effects of the kidney and the uterus as shown in the previous pic you can clearly see what is described as a heavily blood stained piece of cloth.

Go back and read the various descriptions of the apron piece no where does it say "heavily bloodstained" in one it does mention stained but if it had been heavily bloodstained as you suggest it would have been mentioned as such.

So I say again this shows that the killer did not take away the organs in the apron piece.

Further tests carried out in my opinion tend to show that the killer did not wipe his hands or his knife on the apron piece.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
      But, even so, he is walking all that way with the cloth? Don't think so.

Looks more like someone trying to "plant" evidence. What do you think?

Cheers.
      LC
      Piece of Eddowes apron ends up a few streets down/couple minutes walk from the scene of her murder, but can't have been put there buy the ripper? C'mon, let's not rule it out, especially as there is nothing to prove otherwise.

Hypothesising that piece of apron was planted there by the another hand to create an impact next to the GSG is only opening 'more cans of worms'. Maybe it was Rebecca Brooks and The News Of The World?

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
        Further tests carried out in my opinion tend to show that the killer did not wipe his hands or his knife on the apron piece.
        Which "further tests" show that the killer didn't wipe their hands or knife on the apron? All we have is a vague description of the piece of apron and how it appeared.

Comment

Originally posted by El White Chap View Post
          Which "further tests" show that the killer didn't wipe their hands or knife on the apron? All we have is a vague description of the piece of apron and how it appeared.
          tests based on those descriptions and tests which included wiping blood stained hands on a cloth and wiping a bloody knife on a cloth both showing the results of such test none of which match the description of the GS piece.

On a footnote blood on a persons hands when exposed to the atmosphere will dry on its own in a matter of minutes. The actual time will depend on the temperature of the persons body and the external elements.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
            tests based on those descriptions and tests which included wiping blood stained hands on a cloth and wiping a bloody knife on a cloth both showing the results of such test none of which match the description of the GS piece.

On a footnote blood on a persons hands when exposed to the atmosphere will dry on its own in a matter of minutes. The actual time will depend on the temperature of the persons body and the external elements.
            Tests based on descriptions, I'd be a bit weary about those. Experiments based on inexactitudes can and are most likely to be awfully flawed.

Blood will dry with relative quickness, possibly in a matter of minutes. But other such bodily fluids? Faecal etc are a whole different ball game. Might I add these were also said to be found on said apron piece.

Comment

Apron size

Originally posted by Digalittledeeperwatson View Post
              Apron. About half of the apron. Maybe between 3-5 square feet.
              http://www.casebook.org/dissertations/dst-graffito.html. Hope I did the link thing correcly. First attempt. Geronimo!
              Hallo Dig,

I think the apron size in the dissertation is somewhat exaggerated. Kate was tiny, with at the most an eighteen inch waist (had one of those in my youth, sigh) and perhaps five feet tall. I was about this size and often made my own clothes and could have made a similar apron from a yard, or perhaps just over a yard of material, depending on width. Not all aprons had bibs. Therefore (I think) the piece of apron would have been much smaller.

All good wishes,
              Gwyneth/C4

Comment

Innards

Trevor, you are beginning to alarm me! Just where are you getting these pictures from? I thought bits taken out during operations were put into metal dish things, not onto cloth. Very informative though!

Best wishes,
                C4

Comment

Escape route

Indeed it should, and I cannot see a murderer standing under a lamp, for all the world to see & identify, while wiping blood stains of himself.
                  There is something counter-intuitive about that.

Isn't it far more likely he took the darkest route staying away from lighted area's, especially lampposts.
                  Hello Jon,

If he did know the area well, don't you think he could have avoided the streets by cutting through gardens and even houses (similar to the Hanbury street one, where he could cut straight through the house). Or even rooftops. Wasn't there something about an attic room, locked on the inside?

Best wishes,

C4/Gwyneth

Comment

I cannot see a murderer standing under a lamp, for all the world to see & identify, while wiping blood stains of himself.
                    There is something counter-intuitive about that.

Isn't it far more likely he took the darkest route staying away from lighted area's, especially lampposts.
                    No one suggested standing under a lamp post while wiping blood off oneself. That would be 'suicide'. Simply that any light, bright or dull, from Mitre Square would have illuminated the ripper for however many milliseconds, in doing so assisting in pin pointing any unseen mess remaining on clothes etc. Once identified, those 'spots' can then be wiped off in the darkness. It cannot be ruled out just as it cannot be determined, simply, it's all open to possibility.

Comment

• intuitive

Hello Jon. Thanks.

"Indeed it should, and I cannot see a murderer standing under a lamp, for all the world to see & identify, while wiping blood stains of himself."

Nor yet I.

"There is something counter-intuitive about that."

And this is the BEST way to put it. Trained intuitions are the way to go.

"Isn't it far more likely he took the darkest route staying away from lighted areas, especially lampposts."

Yes, BUT, he should have gotten rid of the cloth earlier.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

• one bifurcation

Hello DLDW. Thanks.

"It's just simpler that way."

Indeed. But it is still quite ambiguous. In the main it could mean:

1. You Jews won't take any blame.

2. If we Jews are to be blamed, then here is something to blame us for.

Notice that, in these two alone, we have one by a Gentile; one by a Jewish person.

Not terribly concise or helpful.

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                          Yes, BUT, he should have gotten rid of the cloth earlier.
                          Hi Lynn. Going on what you said earlier, you seem to be more than open to the possibility it was planted in GS by someone else. On that train of thought, how do we not know the ripper hadn't already gotten rid of the apron piece inside/closer to Mitre Square, and it was then moved all that way by a third party? Having already hinted toward that scenario beforehand.

Comment

• leap

Hello Thomas.

"Carrying a piece of apron concealed on one's person from Mitre Square north a few streets is hardly a leap of magic."

Quite. But it MAY be a leap of logic.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                              But it MAY be a leap of logic.
                              Hello Lynn. It's a distinct possibility, it simply cannot be ruled out, that the apron was left in GS by the ripper himself.

That doesn't take much of a LEAP of logic for me if I'm honest.

Comment

• wet

Hello Trevor. Thanks for posting that.

"Now take a look at the results as shown in the photo even despite the lack of oxygenated blood the cloth is heavily blood stained."

I would describe that as wet--but mostly with serum/plasma. In fact, consonant with one of the descriptions.

However, I agree that the piece were not used for organ transportation.

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X