Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the letters / envelopes currently

Hi all,

I was just wondering if any of the letters current whereabouts are known, specifically the envelope for them. I believe the original From Hell letter is in a private collection in Canada and another lesser know letter was sold for £22k a few years ago at auction.

Does anyone know the whereabout of the Dear Boss / Saucy Jack letters of envelopes? Either thought I don't believe these were written by JtR they still could be of interest.

Lastly, is anyone aware if the museum or police / archives have any letters supposedly written by Jack, specifically the envelopes?

Astatine

The other letter I'm extremely interested about it's current whereabouts is the November 11th Mrs McCarthy letter. Does anyone know where it is?

Comment

Where did you hear about the location of the 'From Hell' letter? I was under the impression that the original letter was lost and the copy we see published is from an old photo. I know that the 'Saucy Jack' postcard disappeared from police records a few years after the murders and has never been recovered, however, the 'Dear Boss' letter did turn up in a private collection in 1987.

The majority of letters associated with the case are either destroyed, lost or in hiding in private collections.

Comment

Working...
      X