Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question . . . I can't wrap my head around.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by APerno View Post
    I am not sure where we are disagreeing? -- Of course he was a serial killer, the issue I was replying to was the suggestion that he got a bigger kick out of taunting the cops then killing, which I agree and I believe Smith recognized.

When they got close he had no difficultly shutting down operations and never killed again.That is something few can do.

I agree he seems to hold a strong jealousy of couples but his style of murder, with a gun has less a psychopathic tint to it than most serial killers who use knifes or garrote, and who like to dominate/humiliate their victims. There seems to be less of that in Zodiac; his killing seemed less personal, more of a swing at the world at large, thus more joy from taunting.

Guess we took away different opinions from the read.
    hi AP
    no big wup. either way he got a huge kick out writing letters, obviously, because he apparently continued to write them long after he stopped killing. it was a huge part of his motivation I agree.

however graysmith believed that he did go on killing and tries to attribute many deaths to him-something I doubt. mainly because if he did go on killing he would be taking credit for it in his letters.

also-just to point out that the Zodiac did use a knife in his killing-the couple at lake Berryessa he tied up and stabbed-very personal.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

hi AP
      no big wup. either way he got a huge kick out writing letters, obviously, because he apparently continued to write them long after he stopped killing. it was a huge part of his motivation I agree.

however graysmith believed that he did go on killing and tries to attribute many deaths to him-something I doubt. mainly because if he did go on killing he would be taking credit for it in his letters.

also-just to point out that the Zodiac did use a knife in his killing-the couple at lake Berryessa he tied up and stabbed-very personal.
      Ah did not remember that he used a knife (it has been a while), I thought all the kills were by gun.

Comment

I'd be surprised if the likes of Zodiac, Rader, Son of Sam, Green River, etc., knew anything about Jack the Ripper, outside of a passing comment.
        Though I do think the urge to taunt the authorities like Zodiac stems from a different motive than our Ripper seems to have had.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
        X