Dear Boss letter clues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Boss letter clues

Assuming that the Dear Boss letter is authentic...

Does the letter itself contain clues to the identity of the killer?

Thiughts please?

the Rookie Detective

Nope.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post
      Assuming that the Dear Boss letter is authentic...

Does the letter itself contain clues to the identity of the killer?

Thiughts please?

the Rookie Detective
      Hi RD

Some people have argued that it does.

For instance author James Tully floats the idea that “Don’t mind me giving the Trade Name” and “Jack the Ripper” are references by his suspect James Kelly to his occupation of upholsterer and ‘ripping’ chisel.

Personally, I think that if the letter is genuine, the biggest and maybe only clue to his identity would be the handwriting.

The text i.e. the American slang, rejecting the doctor theory etc. could go either way – they could be true sentiments or it could be a bluff.

Comment

It reveals that the author was likely Irish...thats about it. There is no information in that letter, or any letter, that contains information that ONLY the police knew, which might have led credence to your inquiry.
        Michael Richards

Comment

I believe that the Dear Boss, Saucy JAck and From Hell letters all to be authentic and to contain important clues which we need to try and decipher.

I have recently decoded a hidden message in the From Hell letter and am planning to post my findings on a separate thread which i have just started

The Rookie Detective

Comment

Working...
          X