An experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by c.d. View Post
    I don't find it in any way out of the ordinary that a lone woman on the street in Whitechapel late at night as the pubs were closing would get hassled by a possibly drunken man. Swanson allowed for that possibility as well. So I don't see it as being nailed on as you say. I think it was just a coincidence and that her killer came along shortly after the B.S. man had left the scene.
    Now who's making assumptions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
      Now who's making assumptions?
      Yep. Fair enough.

c.d.

Comment

Unfortunately it can also be translated as "We Jews are sick of being blamed for things we didn't do."

It is very trendy now for celebrities to take public shots at other celebrities for one reason or another. What you can be certain of is that the celebrity who was the recipient of the insult will fire back. Same with sports fans. You insult their fan base they will insult yours. It is human nature. The point being is that if you find graffiti insulting a particular group you will at some point see them respond in kind. So, if an area has a lot of anti-Jewish graffiti it would not be surprising to see pro-Jewish graffiti in response. Thus the GSG can be taken either way. We simply don't know what the author meant.

c.d.
        Clearly there isn't much that can be said with certainty, but given the diction and its working class context I would say you're wide of the mark on this one.

Comment

• Hello Mac,

I can't be wide of the mark because I don't know what it means and neither do you. I am simply pointing out various possible interpretations. As you stated yourself, nothing can be said with certainty. So unless you yourself wrote it, I would say that we are both in the same boat.

c.d.

Comment

Does it?

Wouldn't he want to give proper vent to his frustration? Why then would he scribble a small, ambiguously-worded message?

It makes more sense if it were the killer. He scrawls a small piece of graffiti, as he's fresh from a crime scene and obviously doesn't want to draw any unwanted attention, and leaves a piece of evidence behind to prove its authorship.

Why did he write it? What did he mean? Hell if I know, but it's some coincidence that both murders that night have antisemitic elements, namely "Lipski!" & the GSG.
            Your argument is eloquent. What I wrote is my opinion. I have been wrong before and will be wrong again. My only thought would be if the killer was hyped up, presumably after committing an offence why scribble it so small? In my own mind, it would make more sense if the graffiti was the 'Hollywood' size..Like I say, it is only my opinion.

Comment

Does it?

Wouldn't he want to give proper vent to his frustration? Why then would he scribble a small, ambiguously-worded message?

It makes more sense if it were the killer. He scrawls a small piece of graffiti, as he's fresh from a crime scene and obviously doesn't want to draw any unwanted attention, and leaves a piece of evidence behind to prove its authorship.

Why did he write it? What did he mean? Hell if I know, but it's some coincidence that both murders that night have antisemitic elements, namely "Lipski!" & the GSG.
              I would like to second that. Plus the 2 Jewish clubs & the great synagogue, three more 'coincidences'. The fact that the apron was dropped underneath the graffito is in itself a remarkable coincidence, given that it was not that easily visible.
              Last edited by IchabodCrane; 04-03-2016, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IchabodCrane View Post
                I would like to second that. Plus the 2 Jewish clubs & the great synagogue, three more 'coincidences'. The fact that the apron was dropped underneath the graffito is in itself a remarkable coincidence, given that it was not that easily visible.
                Apparently there was graffiti and anti-semitic graffiti all over the East End, and so it wouldn't be that much a of a stretch to just drop it somewhere near such graffiti.

That said, I wonder why JTR took a piece of cloth from this murder but not the others. I think there's a decent chance he didn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post
                  Apparently there was graffiti and anti-semitic graffiti all over the East End, and so it wouldn't be that much a of a stretch to just drop it somewhere near such graffiti.

That said, I wonder why JTR took a piece of cloth from this murder but not the others. I think there's a decent chance he didn't.
                  He severed Stride's colon when cutting out the uterus. If there was a crime he felt the need to wipe up after, it would have been that one.
                  The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Errata View Post
                    He severed Stride's colon when cutting out the uterus. If there was a crime he felt the need to wipe up after, it would have been that one.
                    You certainly mean Eddowes, don't you?

Comment

• Originally posted by IchabodCrane View Post
                      Hello Ichabod,

You lost me here. Not sure what you mean when you say two Jewish clubs and what is the significance of the great synagogue?

If you look hard enough for a pattern you can pretty much always find one. Could we find evidence for an Irish connection or something else if we looked?

c.d.

Comment

• If anybody feels very strongly that there is a Jewish connection to these murders can they show a similar pattern associated with the killing of Nichols, Chapman and Kelly? If not, it would seem rather strange that Jack would suddenly develop an ardent anti-semitic streak in the middle of the C5.

c.d.

Comment

• Well said cd the graffito is a massive red herring.

Comment

If anybody feels very strongly that there is a Jewish connection to these murders can they show a similar pattern associated with the killing of Nichols, Chapman and Kelly? If not, it would seem rather strange that Jack would suddenly develop an ardent anti-semitic streak in the middle of the C5.

c.d.
                            Agreed

Comment

• Doubt the GSG was anti-semitic (sic) in any way.

Might have been a red herring to create a false trail towards Dorset Street,etc.
                              My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

If anybody feels very strongly that there is a Jewish connection to these murders can they show a similar pattern associated with the killing of Nichols, Chapman and Kelly? If not, it would seem rather strange that Jack would suddenly develop an ardent anti-semitic streak in the middle of the C5.
                                Was Jack disturbed by any Jews on those nights?

Comment

Working...
                                X